Power Financial Credit Union Employee Reviews

love the family enviroment
AML/BSA Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLFebruary 27, 2019
I really enjoyed my time at Power Financial. The company is really focused on there employees and its customers. Power Financial invests in its employees through various training and programs.
Pros
close realtionships
The culture reminds me of family
Methods and Procedures Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 30, 2019
The working culture is like working with family. It provides areas of growth and advancement in your career. There is a balance between a fast paced environment and life which is something hard to find.
Excellent
Consumer Loan Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 28, 2018
Great family oriented company. Everyone helps each other out. CEO knows every employee by name. The company atmosphere is not heavy and there is plenty opportunity for growth,
Power Financial Credit Union is a great place to work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 8, 2017
Power Financial Credit Union allowed me to gain more knowledge on becoming a customer service financial representative. The environment was friendly and smart. I liked that when aid was needed, a manager was near by to assist to resolve customers needs.
Family oriented atmosphere and fun place to work
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 22, 2017
I joined Power Financial Credit Union (PFCU) in 2017. It has turned out to be a very family oriented place and it is easy to see why it is considered a best employer in the South Florida Market Place. The company does a lot of things for its employees including luncheons, spot recognition, ice-cream truck delivery and a lot of community events. Very fun place to work but be prepared to work hard as it is a fast paced environment.
Pros
Great benefits, share in company profits, great 401k match, excellent group of team oriented professionals.
Cons
Outdated email system
Good but stressful
Residential Loan Originator / Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 30, 2017
This was a good experience but management was poor. Direct manager came from consumer loans and was not experience in mortgage uw, it was a difficult time.
Pros
Flexible time and good compensation
Cons
Poor management
Great company to work for
Senior Member Assistant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Great company to work for great beneifit learn alot in this Credit Union got promoted in a short period of time great time work
a lot of room for advantage
Financial Institution
TELLER I (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FL 33028April 23, 2016
Power Financial Credit Union offers a world of valuable membership benefits. Our members are smart consumers who thrive, grow, and achieve using our products and services to meet their life’s goals and dreams. Since 1951 we have had half a million members walk through our doors, making us one of South Florida’s largest financial cooperatives.
Power Financial Credit Union is unique because we are a financial cooperative. You’ll enjoy great rates, low to no fees, and many other outstanding member benefits. You can also take pride in the fact that Power Financial Credit Union believes in giving back to the community through charitable contributions and volunteer efforts. Since we are a financial cooperative, you are an owner and play an active part in the future of the organization. Our success comes from delivering value to you, as opposed to a bank that focuses on delivering value to its shareholders.
Productive work place with fun Co-workers
Assistant Branch Manager/ Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 18, 2015
A typical work day was a busy work day assisting customers with their financial needs.Working here, I learned everything about financial products, retirement accounts,Cd's, assisted customer with Web based banking Electronic services.I learned about consumer loan regulations,bank secrecy acts regulations.I learned how to work on and create numerous types of bank reports and programs.As an assistant branch manager I learned how to work with various multicultural type of employees, which was the most challenging part of the job.What I found very exciting, and most fun on the job was being able to cross sell a consumer loan product and process applications. When working with cross sell members, my customers would discuss their financial situations with me, and I would follow through with the paperwork. In the event where I had to advise the underwriters whether or not to approve the loan, I would give them my full advice, and majority of the time I was fortunate to have them agree and successfully close the loans. Closing loans created a very accomplishing feeling.
Pros
Free lunches, very motivating incentives, recognition among employees
Cons
Vacation planning, healthcare costs
Tensed workplace
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2013
Too much pressure to reach daily/monthly goals. Strong sales environment.
Pros
Off on weekends, loyal members
Cons
Long work hours
good place to work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  pembroke pines.flMay 22, 2013
First time working in a credit Union I experience a good enviroment of workers ,supervisors and mbrs.Would like to works for another credit union again.
Pros
free lunches from time to time
Cons
need to improve health insurance
Productive team work and effective community work
Director (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 8, 2012
On a typical day I meet with my staff to ensure goals are achieved and assign new projects. I learned that employees work best when they know they are trusted and respected. Management gives the necessary feedback to facilitate the process. My co-workers encourage each other and work as a team. The hardest part of my job is to identify when I should take a break. However, the most enjoyable part of my job is when recognize my staff for achieving their goals.
Pros
great team work, healthcare, management and technology.
Cons
distance for home