Play YouTube video button

United States1,086 reviews
Found 1,086 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Power Home Remodeling selected this as a representative review
Working at Power has changed my life. I am now a more well rounded individual both inside and outside of work. I am constantly pushing myself out of my comfort zone and always growing. There is so much growth potential within Power so it is a place I see myself staying at for the long haul. The culture is incredible and a lot of friendly competition. Leaders are constantly helping me improve within work and outside of work. Power cares about their people.
Pros
People, Earring Potential, Benefits, Trips
They bring you in to a “family” but if you would rather keep to yourself and get your job done it’s not a friendly environment. If you’re not someone’s favorite you’re not cared for
Great place to make money if you manage to move into the remodeling consultant role. Awesome bonuses as well. As far as advancement goes there is none. I mean if there is, they don’t mention it very often. Overall please with the income aspect. Leadership, management, and culture need work however. I feel like just a “number” at power; not a human. Doesn’t feel very good. Also, there are people in leadership that don’t care about newer reps. Which also hurts. I would say to incentivize leadership more, then the people who go into these roles have more of a reason to be a leader, and not just do it for the small bonuses or title. They can afford it too!!! Just do it please, it will make more people stick around.
Pros
Commission, teams
Cons
Favoritism, lack of advancement
This is a long but truthful review of my experience. It all starts with the interview. I personally was interviewed by an extremely nice guy. He was down to earth, sociable, and thorough. It consisted of telling about your background, why you applied and what you wanted to get out of career at Power. There was a lot of small talk, getting to know one another as well. I was shown all the awards and basically what makes them stand out as a company. At the end I was invited to have a second interview, which was exciting.

Second interview comes around and meet with the same guy. This interview was more about the job itself. One thing I did notice from the beginning is that online there are so many different titles for the same exact position. He explained how everyone starts at an entry level position, which was totally fine. I expected to pay my do’s and work my way up. He discussed how many other opportunities they have there. The one red flag was when he was explaining field marketing (door to door). After it all I decided to except the job because I did need something full-time and wanted to put myself into a situation to grow a career.

Little did I know my excitement would be very short lived….The work week is M-F 11:00am – 7:00pm, with two Saturdays a month, both of which are not paid unless you bonus. Ill explain later. The first two weeks on the job your training in one of the branch offices. Which is basically learning how great power is, about their products, and learning scripts. When I say learning scripts, I mean script testing every day for hours and hours until
 - more...
Great company to work for Motivated and goal oriented They have a very efficient system in their approach to Installing Above all they are a fun set of folks
Leave a review. Help people like you.
-they bring people in under false promises and expectations
- will say the average rep makes 100k in there first year but the average is really 60k... you’ll be spending a good chunk of your earnings on car expenses (mileage gas tolls, no reimbursement), you’re better off not wasting your time, go to a more professional company, not a Corporate fraternity like Power
Pros
They pay pretty well if you sell
Cons
There’s no work life balance, mandatory 6 days a week
Selling windows door to door Is a pretty terrible job and usually don't by shady buissnes. Power sells a good product to people who dont need it at a price to high. You get really good at tricking people into a decision they don't really need.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No work life balance. Pointless job
This company I love, but is very demanding and work life balance is difficult if at all possible. When being hired it can be misleading for the type of work you will be doing. Along with the amount of money being made.
Awful corporate structure. Manipulative upper management, no work life balance, do not recommend at all. The place is a revolving door and the people who stay are the worst
Really owe a lot to them and how much you learn about your self. Training and beginning is rough but you will soon learn why. Pushes your mind to places you will learn how to dominate
Working for Power HRG made me a better person. The job and standards are tough but if you commit to their process, you will grow as a not only a sales person but a leader and you will be very comfortable financially.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, Culture, Management
Cons
work-life balance
If looking for door to door sales this is your job. Great company to work for but very challenging work day in and out. You must show up to work every day ready to go.
I have never worked any other place with such a sense of camaraderie, nor any other place with such opportunity for upward mobility.
The pay is beyond competitive and the culture, company-wide, is unmatched.

This company trains you well enough so that you can leave and be successful on your own, but treats you so good you never want to.
Great company
Great people

Great work atmosphere

They taught me, not only professionally, but personal to help better myself as a person

Amazing place to call home
Pros
Everyone and everything
Cons
Awesome company, awesome opportunities and great culture, people are always willing to help you and guide you through the process to become successful
management is fantastic, but the job is extraordinarily hard. high pressure sales. if you don't sell you do not make any money. no base, they do not comp you for your time or gas
Power has an incredible company culture and is filled with a-lot of great people. However, all of their entry level jobs are essentially the same with minor differences. You will be on a phone all day every day making outbound calls just trying to sell products. If that's something you can enjoy, you will love it.
I was excited to start Power at first as a customer development rep honestly. This is door to door so if that's not for you than dont waste your time. It was a fun culture but than I found out very soon that it was all fake people trying to energize everyone in the morning meetings. They promise you AMAZING money but in reality only 10 people out of the 50 reps make AMAZING money. Base salary is a joke and that's what you'll be getting if you dont bonus. Dont waste your time people!
As a field Marketer you go territories and set leads. This is a door to door position. There are options to be promoted to other positions but this takes time. Some have marketed door to door for years.
Pros
Cons
Rvp
Great company but no work life balance.
Managers are there to help. Many perks for top sales reps. Great technology to make your job easier when it’s time to write up contracts
Very frat bro culture....have the ability to make a lot of money here but if you don’t enjoy the work it’s brutal. Hard to find any sense of purpose or moral reward in the work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Power Home Remodeling. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
InHerSight Score
4.2Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight