Play YouTube video button

Featured review
Power Home Remodeling selected this as a representative review
Challenging and Rewarding
Remodeling Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2018
Working at Power has changed my life. I am now a more well rounded individual both inside and outside of work. I am constantly pushing myself out of my comfort zone and always growing. There is so much growth potential within Power so it is a place I see myself staying at for the long haul. The culture is incredible and a lot of friendly competition. Leaders are constantly helping me improve within work and outside of work. Power cares about their people.
Pros
People, Earring Potential, Benefits, Trips
Amazing culture!
Home Remodeling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDAugust 12, 2018
Working at Power was an amazing experience. The culture there is by far the most supportive and motivating to be found anywhere. The ongoing training and structured support /training groups are a big reason for their success. Management is always there for you when you need them and they celebrate their successes with their employees. The days are long and the commission only aspect of the job is enough to challenge most. However, if you have the drive to succeed, the rewards are amazing and well worth the hard work.
Pros
Great income potential, Great support structure
Cons
commission only, seasonal business
Just take the second interview and thank them for their time
Remodling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJAugust 8, 2018
By far one of the worst employment experiences in my life. Management is unprofessional and immature. Everything about this company is get the yes. Marketing lies to gets sales in the door, sales lies about severity of project to close the sale. You will be on call 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am-2pm on Saturday. They advertise 2 appointments a day however due to Do Not Call lists there has been a downturn in prospective clients. less then 5%of staff make 100k and company has extremely high turnover rate despite a RVP claiming that they retain over 98% of all employees.

Overall if you have a pulse, dont mind driving 2 plus hours to do a high pressure in home sales pitch, and poor work life balance then this is the job for you.
Pros
Company parties
Cons
No future for employees unless you learn how to lie
Great place to start a sales career
OUTBOUND MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 7, 2018
This company is great for someone who is looking to start out a career. Salary is low, but the bonus's and incentives drive you to strive for the best. Teaches you how to reach sales targets, and be disciplined in knowing your sales numbers.
Intense Workplace
Marketer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 30, 2018
When you apply for sales, be prepared to do Marketing first until you have proven that you belong in a sales position. Good working environment, but definitely cut throat if you do not immediately fit in. Management can be manipulative or very encouraging depending on the numbers that you put out.
Pros
Money if you are good
Cons
They give the run around
Awesome place to work at!
Remodeling Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2018
I have worked for numerous big name companies who failed to invest in their employees. Power focuses on each individual employee to insure that they are receiving the proper training and guidance. By far the best company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Great culture, Compensation plan
Cons
Work life balance
Your experience will vary by department
Full-time employee (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJuly 26, 2018
There are a lot of good things about PHRG. The company has a solid revenue model and is growing. It's privately owned, which means its growing in a sustainable way and isn't expanding simply to satisfy stockholders or venture capital or anything like that.

The executive team is mostly driven, talented, and also approachable which is rare for a company of this size. There are a lot of happy people there.

In my particular department the experience was very negative. The head of our department was a chronic micro-manager despite having a lack of knowledge in our area. It was also nearly impossible to meet with him. In other words, the kind of manager who swoops in and hands down poor decisions that his "underlings" need to clean up.
Pros
Profitable, growing company with good business model
Cons
Some C-level folks are micro-managers despite their lack of knowledge and experience
Great culture
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJuly 25, 2018
Great culture, young workforce, plenty of horizontal mobility available. In-office positions, field positions, sales, operations, commission, salary - something for everyone.
Fun competitive with tons of room for growth
Home remodeling consultant (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 25, 2018
Overall a great place to work with a ton of support and training if needed. Compensation is fair I feel we are properly paid for the job that we do. The culture in the office is unlike any company I’ve ever seen before
Pros
Training programs, culture and support system
Cons
Schedule
Everyone is so nice.
Special Events intern (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAJuly 24, 2018
Great opportunities while working for this company, your hard work will not go unnoticed, and everyone wants to see each other succeed as much as they want to see their own success.
Good money, long hours
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 19, 2018
At Power you can make money fast and learn a lot about sales. They give you the tools to succeed, have a fun environment that is hard to match, and foster a winning mentality
Pros
Bonus structure
Cons
Lack of life balance
The ultimate workplace for personal and professional growth.
Remodeling Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2018
Power truly cares about their employees and provide them with ample training and mentorship to be successful. Everyone at the company is on the same team, and the upward mobility is based on ones work ethic. Finally, the staggering growth of the company provides multiple positions and opportunities across the country.
Pros
Culture, training, opportunities/promotions, financial and medical benefits
Great company moving in the right direction fast!
Remodeling Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2018
Great company to work for. They spend a lot of time training and equipping you to succeed. Great system for growth and development both personal and professional.
Pros
In depth processes and systems, Training, active social community
Cons
There will be some late nights when your getting started
Great place to work if you have a sales mentality
Outbound Marketer (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJuly 13, 2018
The days were long, even though they started late. the morning meeting was at 10am, but the office is in Rosemont, which is a big commute for some, and then we met with our groups and traveled out to our designated areas for the day. The company was good at motivation and pep, and you couldn't ask for nicer managers and staff, however the whole company seemed so numbers based, strictly a turnout based production of appointments, and it never really seemed all that fruitful of work to me, however if you made good appointments and had a lot of estimates, the money was definitely there.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the yearly trip to mexico, but the hardest part was the day to day work, constantly out in sweltering heat and frigid cold, with sometimes no one around for miles to pick you up if you need to use the bathroom, which is a huge inconvenience.
The workplace culture was great, everyone always trying to help everyone else out, but the turnover rate for employees was so high you didn't see many people stay for a long time.
Pros
decent pay (great commission), mostly great people, outside
Cons
Very long days, long travel, little work/life balance, outside
Sales Mentor (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJuly 13, 2018
Love the company, the people I work with, and the people I work for. Office has a ping pong table, pool table, video game room, foosball table, etc. Work hours are not long, just odd times (mostly weeknights).
Great Oppurtunity
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTJuly 4, 2018
Great Opportunity but ill tell you what, as soon as you start slipping a lot of people help you except the big boss, kind of just cuts you off, avoids you, doest even acknowledge you. Thats tough.
Pros
Potentially great pay if you're good
Cons
cut throat
Productive place to work at
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MIJune 20, 2018
It is a nice place to work if they were more honest and upfront with you if you want to work all the time and not be at home and do a lot this is what you need.
Pros
Compaensation
Cons
you work hours with out the hour pay
Great place to work/Tough pay
Remodeling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 18, 2018
The environment is something straight out of wolf of Wall Street minus the naughty parts. Jobs is tough because it incentive based or 100% commission.
Pros
Great environment, pay could be exceptional
Cons
commission, no work life balance, act like you should commit to the company like medical school or law degree
Great Culture
Field/Retail/Event Marketer (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 6, 2018
Even though this is essentially a solicitation job, it pays WAY more than you would expect (as long as you are good). They give you all the tools you need to be successful, so it really is a job where YOU determine how successful you want to be.
Pros
Culture, potential pay
Cons
Not guaranteed pay, long hours, constant rejection
Honestly the best place to work
Finance (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAJune 5, 2018
I've been at Power for over 9 years and I am still excited and motivated by my work. Being that I've had other jobs, I can't stress enough how important it is to work with people you like. My days go by quickly because of the energetic people and the stimulating problems I have to solve. The leadership at Power is always encouraging me to do my best so I never feel like my growth is being stifled.
Pros
Sports events, Trips, leadership training, cool people
Productive fun work environment with a ping pong table. (No, really.)
Outbound Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2018
The Company is pretty amazing when it comes to company culture, it is a relatively competitive environment but not to the point that it has a negative impact on morale.The management is smart, motivational and encouraging. The hardest part of the job is walking in the heat and handling the "No's" but its part of the territory. Most enjoyable is the fellowship.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Power Home Remodeling. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss