Power Solutions International Employee Reviews

Be Prepared to Work
Technical Writer-Trainer (Current Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILJune 28, 2018
Fast Paced. Lots of business. Company continues to grow. Working hard at improving culture, processes, procedures, and work flow. Long days on the line - be prepared to work.
Pros
Lots of Work
Relaxed
Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILJune 2, 2018
Laid back type of job, Not stressful and easy going all around place. They have Ping Pong tournaments and Soccer as well. The pay is ok but its not room for growth really.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Pay
Productive and relaxed working environment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILMarch 5, 2018
Very poor management. Lack of communication among workers and management. The base pay is not bad could be better for the work you have to do. One of the upsides is weekly pay and the ability to basically write your own paycheck doing as much overtime as you please. Can work between 40-80 hours per week if you are up for it. Overtime is paid at time and a half.
High volume production company
Test Cell Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Woodale ILDecember 25, 2017
High volume production company with plenty of overtime. Lots of opportunity if you are favored and related. Learned how to electronically while using computer programming of a newly manufactured engine.
Great place to work if you want a fast pasted job
Lead Deployment and Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2017
Great place to work at. It has a good atmosphere. All of the people are nice and it's a well oiled machine. I was in the Telematics division and had a wonderful manager.
Great Potential
Director of Machining Operations (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILSeptember 14, 2017
PSI is an green industrial engine supplier. I launched their machining operation at Mast Powertrain and continued the project and handed it off to production in April of this year. I designed fixtures with hydraulic sequenced hydraulic clamping fixtures on Horizontal Machining centers. I developed sophisticated error proofing probing routines for the bets first time quality.

The hardest part of the job was educating the rest of the company, in particular, the QA department, on the bets practices for meaningful CMM reporting.
Pros
Great Potential
Cons
Sales Forecasting
OK company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILAugust 7, 2017
The company is in decent shape now after a few years of difficult financial times. With the new partnership there may be interesting opportunities for work over seas in Asia.
Pros
Broad range of projects and flexibilty
Cons
Uncertain career paths
good place to work, just not enough room to grow.
Office Assitant/File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILJuly 4, 2017
wish there was more room for growth within PSI. Other then this it is a very good company. Wish we there we could get a raise like they have been promising everyone for a long time. Also wish we could get a bonus like they said last year.
Pros
good people, good health insurance
Cons
no raises, lots of work and long hours.
fast pace and stressful work environment
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILJune 8, 2017
The people you work with are great and easy to get along with. Great opportunities to learn new things, new product is created everyday, pay can be better
Very good company to work for.
Senior Inventory Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILFebruary 15, 2017
I worked from 50 to 65 hours a week because I really liked my job, people are friendly and I have a lot of respect for my manager and team members.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No cons
It's a good company to start at..
Engine Tester (Current Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILNovember 28, 2016
A typical day of work varies on your capabilities.
I learned how to program engines!
Management is okay.
Co-workers come and go.

Waking up is difficult.

You get weekends off; Pay is not bad, you get to leave at 4pm.
Pros
Time passes by if you're busy.
Cons
Time is slow if you don't do anything.
Great First Job
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILApril 1, 2016
As a first job out of college this was a great company to gain experience from. I was able to participate in nearly everything that goes with an engineering project: purchasing, project management, design, application testing, prototype builds, analysis, etc... However, since I get a chance to work with everything I do not feel like I became an expert in any one area and neither were my coworkers. This sometimes led to the feeling of disorganization.
Pros
Experience in many areas, flexible with time off
Cons
slightly chaotic work environment
company has grown 120% since 2002
Quality Liaison (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILNovember 10, 2014
Long hours usually six days a week 10 hrs. a day. Co- workers were pleasant to work with. I enoyed my job at power solutions. Management can use a little help, but overall this is a decent company.
Pros
growing company
Inventory Analsyt
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILMarch 30, 2014
Review production lines and make sure if there were any part shortages we were going to be able to cover them in a timely manner. Also reviewing prior days production numbers against labor worked to analyze productions days efficiency. Morning and afternoon production meeting to go over what we need to accomplish for the day and what we have accomplished for the day. Integrated with production, sales, engineering and upper management over a wide range of production details. Hardest part of the job was gathering details and putting them together for daily, weekly and monthly presentation. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the more than 300 people in the company daily.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
no 401k match, no tuition reimbursement, no prositive feedbacks, very bad company communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Power Solutions International. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about