Power Wellness Management, LLC Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MIMarch 19, 2019
I had a good experience working there. Was tough building clientele. I worked there for 4 years, but moved on to a busier office. Pay was not competitive. I didn’t like being on call.
Pros
Set available hours
Cons
Low wages, hard to build clientele, corporate out of touch
Hard work pays off
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILNovember 20, 2018
I feel fully supported and appreciated as an employee in my years with Power Wellness.

Management has always provided direction and understanding of the larger picture both at the home office and when I worked at a center.

The goals are simple: work hard, provide great customer service, take the initiative to learn everything you can, and treat your team with respect.

Flexibility is always provided to keep work and home in balance.
Pros
flexibility, professional development, opportunity for advancement
Mostly positive workplace
Home Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILNovember 19, 2018
Most enjoyable part of the job is the people you get to work with within the office.

Hardest part of the job is switching gears to focus on sudden time sensitive projects, while continuing to support your daily duties simultaneously.

There is a lack of direction at times from upper management, mostly at the director level.
Pros
1hr lunch, Decent healthcare
Cons
You need to use your ETO for mandatory time off holidays
Company with a heart of gold!
Executive (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILOctober 25, 2018
I have been with Power Wellness for a couple of years now, and I can honestly say after over two decades in the fitness business this company has a heart of gold. They live their core values every day, and are always looking out for the best interest of the members, employees, and their clients. Of course, with every company, there are moments of confusion and lack of direction. However, leadership is open to communication and is always quick to jump in a meeting to figure out a positive solution. Where this company may come up a little short on compensation they more than make up for in work life balance. They are always looking out to make sure their employees are happy and treated fairly. The best part is we impact the health and wellbeing of over 100,000 lives annually while having fun doing it. If you love the fitness industry and are tired of the cutthroat environment where all people care about is the bottom line, you should check out Power Wellness.
Pros
company culture, work life balance, comitted to wellness
Cons
compensation is slightly below average
Positive work environment
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILOctober 18, 2018
Power Wellness provides a comfortable and collaborative work environment. This is a very family friendly company. We are provided with the necessarily tools and resources to make us successful. With all of the growth the company is experiencing, it is an exciting time to work at Power Wellness.
Pros
Learning Opportunities
Cons
Would like the ability to work remotely
Great office culture and work life balance
Home Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILOctober 17, 2018
A casual environment and supportive/friendly office culture. There's monthly office wide team events to participate in and opportunity for flexible work hours. I only wish there would be more acceptance for the option to work occasional remote hours throughout the week.
Pros
Flexible hours, casual, free snacks
Cons
No opportunity for remote work
Extremely poor management
Administrative Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LASeptember 4, 2018
This could be a great place to work, were it not poor the terrible management, favoritism, fake director, and refusal to acknowledge hard work. Avoid this place like the plague.
Pros
Discounted membership
Cons
Everything else
a typical day at work
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILApril 17, 2018
Enjoy working with people and learn something new to give me,a better skill about my job. Its a fast pace but willing and working can be a hard part of it.I always keep it up front to get my job done..
Pros
enjoy working
Cons
enjoy working with people
fun workplace
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Madison, MSNovember 14, 2017
management is friendly and helpful
most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the members
hardest part of the job is having to stand on your feet for 8 hours
Pros
stress free environment
Cons
not being allowed to sit
Washtenaw community college gym
Childcare Associate (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI 48105July 25, 2017
You can choose your own shifts for the most part.
When you choose them, you are limited to a under 30 hours a week in the child care position.
If you choose to go full time, the company has their own rules and you have to be on a 30 hour plus plan. Its mandatory you make every shift. They count every time you are late unless you have a doctors note. They invest in not getting in trouble. That matters more to them than their own employees.
You get payed very little.
Pros
You get to teach kids how ever you like.
Cons
There is one lunch break for 15 min if you stay longer than 3 hours.
Fun great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 10, 2017
Work with other's company will take care of you
While working at power wellness management as an individual iv grown and gained several tools that will help others grow at this wonderful company power wellness management
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Could improve
Member Services Associate (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 6, 2017
Poor company benefits and insurance. Company doesn't like change. Too hard to get things approved/ordered. Pay is not there. Management is awful. Corporate takes too long to approve things. Compete is a terrible program that needs an update.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
pay, advancement opportunities, insurance
Great co-workers, management and clients
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 14, 2016
The day is basically a routine. Slow, busy slow. Management goes over and beyond for staff and is understanding/flexible to work schedules.
Pros
Fun filled environment
Cons
Slow- not much to do
great workplace
Fitness Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJune 12, 2016
I learned what to do as fitness manager , safety response coordinator. great onboarding, relationship with management. Plenty of projects to work on.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
no room for growth due to location
Stressful Management
KIDS IN MOTION ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 20, 2016
A typical day at work for me would be coming in, smiling at the members who pass me by, waving "hello" to front desk employees and clocking in. Once I have arrived in the room, I immediately have to adjust to who is already in there, their age(s) and the employees who might already be in there. During my work shift I'm always adjusting to new sign-ups, children who have been in for however long, and how to manage the room so everyone stays happy in safe. I'm always on my feet making sure the children are happy and safe, and staying on my toes to prepare for any new sign-ups or tours. From this job I learned to be punctual, on time, professional and developed more leadership. I have also learned how to cooperate with another colleague who may not have the same tactics as I do, and still do my very best. The management isn't the best, but it's also not terrible. I will say that there has been tough times during the summer where we are short staffed in more than 1 department, but we all manage to pull together and make the facility run successfully. The hardest part of the job is having to sometimes do multiple departments at once if it's needed. Or having up to 20 children in the daycare at once, with different age groups, while having to do a tour or greet new members. One of the most enjoyable part of the job is making a new child feel welcomed on their first time in, and begging their parent to bring them back.
Pros
helpful employees, flexibility, practical for students
Cons
strict break rules, not very good benefits, pay rate
great college job.
Lifeguard/Locker Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 12, 2016
has a good work atmosphere, management is ok. not a place where you can advance very fast though. part time workers dont get any benifits except free gym membership.
poor management
member services (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 17, 2016
Management is not present for open or close, no appreciation for hourly employees, but expect a lot for minimum pay. Only care about sales and don't care about members comfort. The more people in the building the better to sell them things. Management plays games and has favorites. Would not recommend working at this location.
Cons
On feet all shift, no one to give breaks, no one to go to with concerns
Terrible Management
Sale Representive (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, MSNovember 19, 2015
Power wellness is a third party company being used to help run the wellness center which is actually owned by UMC. With that being said, those in the higher ups at Power wellness give very little care to desk assistant employees which essentially make the first impression of the facility when someone walks in. The management is horrible and they definitely do play favorites as a previous reviewer said. The decisions are left up to those who have very little credentials and there are little to no benefits for working here besides a free gym membership. Do not think that you as a student will be able to work this job and do school stuff as they do not condone any activities outside of speaking to customers and staring at the wall during your down time. They will harp on you every second if they see otherwise. The hours and pay are decent but expect to work almost every day as a part time worker. They lack subs to cover for anyone who needs to get off because the turn over rates are so high due to some of the management and strict rules at all the facilities.
Not the best.
Member Services (Former Employee) –  Erie, paFebruary 23, 2015
They're definitely difficult to work for. Dropping everything when the Owner comes in to cater to her needs, have fear put in you if you answer her calls, etc..
Pros
Membership
Cons
A lot
Alright place to work.
Rep (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 12, 2015
Employed there for a bit. Not a bad place to work, but not if you're looking for advancement in a career. Management isn't the best.. constantly playing favorites. Very cliquey, almost like highschool.

Fear stricken when the owner comes in. People have had to clean on their own hands and knees just to enlighten this woman. That part sucked.
Pros
free membership
Cons
owner visits, complaining members, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Power Wellness Management, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Power Wellness Management, LLC Reviews by Location