POWEREX Employee Reviews

Great environment and plenty of room to advance in this company
Custom Modules Assembler (Former Employee) –  Youngwood, PAJune 19, 2019
Things could have changed and I cant remember the exact benefits that i have received since I was employed there. I would have never left that place if it wasn't for a lay off.

The work is not physically demanding. You will have the opportunity to learn, therefore advance further if you're willing to do so. I can't remember the pay rate but it was fair.

This company was amazing. I would go back in a heart beat if i lived closer to powerex. This has always been my favorite place to work.
Productive and fun work environment
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Harrison, OHFebruary 4, 2019
I loved it, I’m sad to be laid off.. I’m looking for a job to start ASAP because I have 4 kids and need income coming in.... I’m a great working man and I will always show up to work on time.
Solid company with a positive work environment
Vice President of Global Sales (Former Employee) –  Youngwood, PANovember 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time in sales leadership at Powerex. The team was dedicated and hard working. They were unified in their missions. I found few instances of interpersonal issues among fellow employees. It is important to note that there have been substantial changes in the company's management team.
Place to retire from.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Youngwood, PAOctober 1, 2018
Great working atmosphere, the Labor force and Management, Engineering and Production staff treat you like your family. The Job can be fast-paced sometimes, but very rewarding. It's a place you can almost call home. got laid-off stuck in the middle.
Powerex is a medium size Company
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Youngwood, PAJuly 21, 2018
In a typical day, was to test diodes to be put back into inventory., Specially cleaned diodes with chemicals and water,Trouble shoot rejected diodes to make them acceptable.What I learned that I had first hand experience of what I learned in college. There was no workers procedural manual for this technician position. Workplace was acceptable, but certain situations were stressful and confusing.
The hardest part of this job is getting the right training of the position. Most enjoyable part of the job, doing things that you learned from college and getting paid.
Good Place to work
Materials Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mtt. Juliet TNApril 24, 2018
Good company and great people to work with but I don't like the drive from my home. I want something local to where I live. If this place was in Gallatin TN I would retire from there,
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Not in my local community
a nice place to work if you don't mind daily moving of the goalposts
Senior Product Designer (Former Employee) –  Harrison, OHApril 14, 2018
A typical day starts with processing orders, going over what submittal data (drawings included) is needed, and just carrying out the work. Sometimes you will work with Production to fix issues on the shop floor. The only problem is the constantly changing of targets; one day project X is the priority, but the next project Y will supercede it even though project X isn't completed.The staff is all nice and very helpful, but management can't seem to give a single direction that lasts more than a few days to a few weeks.
Project to Take System to the Cloud
Consultant - IT Solutions Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harrison, OHSeptember 10, 2017
Management was open and willing to explore all options. Reviewed process and was well informed on the nature of the project and the challenges that needed to be overcome.
Pros
Gerat Management interactions
Cons
Short contract
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Youngwood, PAAugust 30, 2017
8 hour work days Monday thru Friday. Paid holidays. Opportunity for overtime but not to be counted on. This company does do government contracts and it gives the worker a sense of pride in the support of our military.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
tendency for layoffs
Some co-workers nice some not so much
Process Mechanic/ Equipment maker (Former Employee) –  Youngwood, PAJuly 30, 2017
The job was stressful at times worked around high voltage, and acids. Learned about vacuum systems and equipment repair. The management and culture changed. The hardest part of job for me was working around acids and chemicals. Met a lot of interesting and knowledgeable people there and made a few good friends.
Pros
benefits were very good
Had worse
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Youngwood, PAMay 15, 2017
The place had its ups and downs. Was not a fan of the Union, but you needed to join it to be hired. Pay was ok, Work force were mostly Women. Management was a big turn over when I was there
OK place to work
Treasurer/CFO (Former Employee) –  Youngwood, PAFebruary 19, 2016
Flat organizational structure, easy to get involved in all parts of the business, easily able to move between organizations, business growth needs to happen
All about the business
INFRASTRUCTURE SYSTEMS AND NETWORK ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Youngwood, PAFebruary 1, 2016
Overall company is great, as seen in my 4/5 star rating. Management for the most part is involved. Sometimes they can micromanage a little to much.
Pros
over two weeks vacation to start
Cons
to much micromanagement
Interesting envirnoment along with a positiove learning envirnoment
Purchasing / Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Youngwood, PAAugust 25, 2014
A good workplace for the Pittsburgh area. You will wear multiple hats in management. Both union and non union environment.
Pros
Excellant learning enviroment across the business segment
Cons
Very little growth opportunity
great productive
solderer, assembler, packer (Former Employee) –  youngwoodJuly 1, 2013
I worked for powerex about seventeen years ago. I enjoyed working there very much.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
company was nice to work for.
semiconductor tester (Former Employee) –  Youngwood, PADecember 17, 2012
only got to work there for a short period of time but they seemed to run things preety good at their facility. west penn power was laying off people at the time and my job was some how linked to their co. so then i got laid off, so i looked elsewhere for work.
Pros
pay with promise of future advancements
Cons
got laid off.