Powerhouse Retail Services Employee Reviews

Amazing people and atmosphere!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Crowley, TXSeptember 26, 2018
I am employed with Powerhouse and to say it has been a blessing is an understatement. I couldn't have asked for a better work environment. For the first time I can actually say I ENJOY going to work every day. The employees are incredibly helpful and friendly, there are great perks and benefits, and you have a sense of family here. I highly recommend Powerhouse both personally and professionally!
Pros
Friendly coworkers/management
Worst place ever
Pm (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXJuly 24, 2018
I left a food job for advancement
Worst mistake ever
Stay away from these people.
The people there are cut throat
Upper Management could care less about motivation
Cons
Worst company to work for
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXApril 20, 2017
I was begged to come work for a certain department. The manager I was appointed to work for was a psychopath. I worked for 7 days. He was fired the week after I left. Worst pay, no one has any clue what they're doing, and all the employees look miserable.
Pros
I don't have to work there
Good Foundation, bad core
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXJanuary 27, 2017
I felt really blessed to find Powerhouse. Unfortunately although the foundation has great potential the core of the company is not solid. Management is underqualfied. You're expected to be a workhorse and nothing else. Most companies want people who are driven and motivated the department I worked in wanted you to do as your told and not think outside their box. The want to have great customer service but not willing to invest in the people who provide great customer service.
Pros
Overall great company founded on solid principal
Cons
Leadership is underqualfied
Great Place to Work!
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXNovember 14, 2016
Great culture, they really care about their employees and the community of Crowley! You can wear your jeans, co-workers are helpful and friendly, positive atmosphere. If you aren't a hard worker by nature then this probably isn't the place for you.
Pros
gym membership, jeans/t-shirts
Cons
health insurance is high
Fun place to work - but you'll work hard!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXMarch 15, 2016
Powerhouse offers a wide variety of work opportunity, lots of ways to grow and learn. The best part of the job is it's people! Everyone is welcoming, helpful and it's a fun place to work. Lots of team building activities, on-site workout, Rangers/Cowboys tickets, monthly luncheons, etc. A real sense of family. Be prepared to work hard and to work lots of hours. If you pride yourself on doing a good job and don't mind working hard, you'll love it. If you want to come in around 8:30 and be done right at 5, it's not for you.
Pros
great people - lots of perks
Unqualified Leadership
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TexasMarch 25, 2015
They have some really great clients and customers that are a pleasure to work with and help to ensure their needs are met. Unfortunately, not very impressed with the qualifications of the individuals put into leadership roles or their drive for success. The person in charge of the department I was in had no background in construction at all. They also have a way of finding someone else to blame for the failures. I have even seen them blame the customer when it's convenient. No ownership of responsibility. What they need to look at, is the turn over in those departments that are failing to truly assess the success of the department. Is it the personnel or the person leading the personnel? Just in the short time I was there, they lost more customers than I have ever seen, promoted unqualified personnel and laid off qualified personnel. I have been in the industry for over 15 years after leaving the service and have never seen such indecisiveness.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Leadership
Multi-Tasking Management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXJanuary 1, 2015
This job took a lot of strategic and critical thinking. Taking initiative and being on your toes was part of the job. When you started a project you finished it. From the building and implementation, penetrating the customer to ensure what the expectations were, down to the AR/AP and processing of all W-2 employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Powerhouse Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about