Powerhouse Employee Reviews

Featured review
Powerhouse selected this as a representative review
I plan on staying here until retirement!
Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Crowley, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Great company, great perks, great atmosphere, and upper management and colleagues alike are welcoming and supportive. If I absolutely HAD to pick one thing that I feel could be better, it would be the maternity leave. I feel that an expectant mother should be able to relax knowing she has 6 weeks paid maternity leave, instead of 1 paid week for every year you're with the company. That is a nerve-wracking thought to know you may only have 1 week of paid maternity leave and the rest of the time you're recovering and getting settled with a newborn, you have no income coming in. If you're single you would have zero income or no secondary income if you're not single.

Overall, yes, it can be faced paced at times just like any company, but you are shown so much gratitude for the hard work you do. That in itself, makes me what to work harder for my organization and it makes me happy coming to work. Two thumbs up! 👍👍
Pros
Just about everything
Cons
Only 1 week of paid maternity leave, per year that you've been with the organization.
Powerhouse is one of a kind and a Great Choice!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Crowley, TXSeptember 23, 2019
I've been with the company a few years now and I still enjoy coming to work every day! I would say that unless you are a hard worker by nature, Powerhouse may not be for you. Powerhouse continues to grow and is still working out its kinks.
Stay away! Unprofessional!
APM (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXSeptember 18, 2019
This is by far the worst place I’ve ever worked for. To say that it’s unprofessional, involves lots of micromanagement, managers who had NO clue what they’re doing does not explain enough. It’s like high school all over again! I can’t stress how toxic this work environment was, how many people gossiped about each other, no one cared for their work, and definitely, no training provided! Their recruiting department sucks and people get hired in based on who they know, not by skills
Cons
Tight work space, no training, no support from HR, bad management
Best job in the world
Installer (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 12, 2019
Lots of travel.
Great retail companies
Awesome staff
Always got the job done
Great benefits unlimited work
Great hotel's rentals
And airfares were awesome as well
Recommended nationwide number one
Retail installation in the US 🇺🇸
Great job lots of Travel especially if your a Forman or superintendent.
Construction Forman (Current Employee) –  Crowley, TXSeptember 2, 2019
Get to see the country a lot if driving with meager pay.Rgey are flexible about traveling home when you need to.If your a superintendent or Forman you always room by yourself.You get your own vehicle also usually a rental.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Away from family and the pay.
Overworked and underpaid
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXAugust 12, 2019
Work life balance is atrocious, all responsibility is put onto the Project Managers. As a project manager you are expected to be available 24/7, and workload typically dictates a 60+ hour work week.
Overall a highly positive place of employment with room for advancement.
Bucket truck Operator/Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXJuly 17, 2019
Great place to work. Unlimited career advancement opportunities. If you put forth a good effort and Excel above others you would be greatly rewarded...
Pros
Stable fair and fun.
Cons
Long hours and huge accounts.
High School all Over
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXMay 17, 2019
Drinking every night. If you are not apart the the cool group then they will find a way to mock you openly. Directors allowing their friends to sleep in their vehicles during work. Because they are too hung over. My director was openly trying the hook up all the time with every new female. At first it seems cool.
If I Go Back To The Day I Considered An Interview.
AAM (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXApril 10, 2019
There less than 6 months and 4 people from my team left the company. High Turn over, management is conniving and not knowledgeable. Wish I would have not found the listing or considered the interview. I can't get the time I spent back.
Pros
Christian/ Regious envirnoment
Cons
Overload of Work and favortism
Not Family Friendly
Assistant Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXApril 2, 2019
This place seemed like a dream come true at first. You come in and show them everything you got and put your heart into your work and uproot your life only for it to come crashing down. They say they are family oriented but when everything hit the fan they tell you focus on fixing what you need and don't worry. Fake people and more fake promises to make you think you are getting better and they actually care but they don't. If you aren't bending over backwards trying become the favorites to upper management no matter what results are shown there is no future in this company. It has just changed so much... lost ideals now.
Pros
Free lunches if you're religious or have time
Cons
Expensive health care and not a person to care
Powerhouse
Carpenter/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXMarch 18, 2019
Loved working here but unfortunately had to take time off to help with my sick father and about 2 months later he had passed and powerhouse would not put me back to work
Fast paced and friendly enviroment
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXDecember 19, 2018
This is a great job to work for if you like multi tasking and a fast paced work place. The staff is super friendly and helpful. The job can be stressful at times.
Fast paced, hard work in a great environment
Construction Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Crowley, TXOctober 30, 2018
The company has made a tremendous effort recently to provide a positive, healthy, and encouraging environment. There is a big emphasis on contributing to the community and the staff with plenty of social events and opportunities for charity and volunteer work. Everyone here is willing to dive in head first and help with whatever you need. Make no mistake there will be some long days, and there will always be a lot of work to be done. like any job it will be a challenge and there will be some things you don't necessarily like. But ultimately if your personality fits here, it's not likely you will want to leave soon.
Pros
Culture, fitness center, social events, explosive growth, charity
Cons
Training programs for each individual role still has a ways to go
100% Travel work, worked 3 months straight asked for one weekend off and rushed to get back to work sunday morning
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 30, 2018
1 to 2 man Crews as a service tech, change bad bulbs and ballasts in various things such as lighting fixtures indoor and outdoor signs up to 40 ft using a pulled trailer lift, document all supplies, very quick paced.
Pros
Lots of travel, decent pay, decent management
Cons
not enough time off
Amazing people and atmosphere!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Crowley, TXSeptember 26, 2018
I am employed with Powerhouse and to say it has been a blessing is an understatement. I couldn't have asked for a better work environment. For the first time I can actually say I ENJOY going to work every day. The employees are incredibly helpful and friendly, there are great perks and benefits, and you have a sense of family here. I highly recommend Powerhouse both personally and professionally!
Pros
Friendly coworkers/management
Cons
Focus on a positive impact
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXSeptember 24, 2018
The company is focused on providing a positive impact on the community, and follows through with their promise. They are growing at an incredible rate, but rely on third parties for much of their infrastructure. I wish them all the best, and hope in the future they decide to bring many of those systems in-house.
Great company that provides the best work in commercial remodeling
Painter, flooring, commercial remodeling (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALSeptember 21, 2018
Powerhouse is a big company and one of the best companies specializing commercial remodeling. They provide fast and efficient work for stores, such as Wal-Mart, Pro Bass Shops....etc. I would recommend this company any day!
Pros
Paid hotels, good pay, paid gas...
Cons
Lots of traveling
Worst place ever
Pm (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXJuly 24, 2018
I left a food job for advancement
Worst mistake ever
Stay away from these people.
The people there are cut throat
Upper Management could care less about motivation
Cons
Fast pace, lots of advancement opportunities
Director (Current Employee) –  Crowley, TXMay 3, 2018
Growing company where I am able to make an impact. Very fast paced, but you can achieve whatever you want to if you make the investment of time and caring about the culture
Very unorganized environment
Lead Light Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 18, 2018
A typical day of work would consist of us traveling thru Texas and waiting for a hotel for about 3 hrs before we can get in then a whole day trying to figure out what work needs to be done.
The hardest part of my job was communicating with my supervisor about our work and hotel.
Pros
Cons
everything
Good people to work with
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXNovember 28, 2017
Good pay and fun place to work if you are one for the road. Get sent out on projects and might not get back home for 1-3 months. Very flexible management if you need time off.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Never home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Powerhouse. Our community is ready to answer.