Powerhouse

Powerhouse Employee Reviews for Project Manager

Featured review
Powerhouse selected this as a representative review
I plan on staying here until retirement!
Great company, great perks, great atmosphere, and upper management and colleagues alike are welcoming and supportive. If I absolutely HAD to pick one thing that I feel could be better, it would be the maternity leave. I feel that an expectant mother should be able to relax knowing she has 6 weeks paid maternity leave, instead of 1 paid week for every year you're with the company. That is a nerve-wracking thought to know you may only have 1 week of paid maternity leave and the rest of the time you're recovering and getting settled with a newborn, you have no income coming in. If you're single you would have zero income or no secondary income if you're not single.

Overall, yes, it can be faced paced at times just like any company, but you are shown so much gratitude for the hard work you do. That in itself, makes me what to work harder for my organization and it makes me happy coming to work. Two thumbs up! 👍👍
Pros
Just about everything
Cons
Only 1 week of paid maternity leave, per year that you've been with the organization.
Powerhouse is one of a kind and a Great Choice!
I've been with the company a few years now and I still enjoy coming to work every day! I would say that unless you are a hard worker by nature, Powerhouse may not be for you. Powerhouse continues to grow and is still working out its kinks.
Overworked and underpaid
Work life balance is atrocious, all responsibility is put onto the Project Managers. As a project manager you are expected to be available 24/7, and workload typically dictates a 60+ hour work week.
Poor mid level management
Aside from the Primary Principle Owner there is a very strong good old boy network. They are not secure in their positions and therefore do not have your back. They will lie to cover themselves.
Fun place to work - but you'll work hard!
Powerhouse offers a wide variety of work opportunity, lots of ways to grow and learn. The best part of the job is it's people! Everyone is welcoming, helpful and it's a fun place to work. Lots of team building activities, on-site workout, Rangers/Cowboys tickets, monthly luncheons, etc. A real sense of family. Be prepared to work hard and to work lots of hours. If you pride yourself on doing a good job and don't mind working hard, you'll love it. If you want to come in around 8:30 and be done right at 5, it's not for you.
Pros
great people - lots of perks
Unqualified Leadership
They have some really great clients and customers that are a pleasure to work with and help to ensure their needs are met. Unfortunately, not very impressed with the qualifications of the individuals put into leadership roles or their drive for success. The person in charge of the department I was in had no background in construction at all. They also have a way of finding someone else to blame for the failures. I have even seen them blame the customer when it's convenient. No ownership of responsibility. What they need to look at, is the turn over in those departments that are failing to truly assess the success of the department. Is it the personnel or the person leading the personnel? Just in the short time I was there, they lost more customers than I have ever seen, promoted unqualified personnel and laid off qualified personnel. I have been in the industry for over 15 years after leaving the service and have never seen such indecisiveness.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Leadership
Multi-Tasking Management
This job took a lot of strategic and critical thinking. Taking initiative and being on your toes was part of the job. When you started a project you finished it. From the building and implementation, penetrating the customer to ensure what the expectations were, down to the AR/AP and processing of all W-2 employees.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Powerhouse?