Powerhouse Management reviews

Featured review
Powerhouse selected this as a representative review
I plan on staying here until retirement!
Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Crowley, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Great company, great perks, great atmosphere, and upper management and colleagues alike are welcoming and supportive. If I absolutely HAD to pick one thing that I feel could be better, it would be the maternity leave. I feel that an expectant mother should be able to relax knowing she has 6 weeks paid maternity leave, instead of 1 paid week for every year you're with the company. That is a nerve-wracking thought to know you may only have 1 week of paid maternity leave and the rest of the time you're recovering and getting settled with a newborn, you have no income coming in. If you're single you would have zero income or no secondary income if you're not single.

Overall, yes, it can be faced paced at times just like any company, but you are shown so much gratitude for the hard work you do. That in itself, makes me what to work harder for my organization and it makes me happy coming to work. Two thumbs up! 👍👍
Pros
Just about everything
Cons
Only 1 week of paid maternity leave, per year that you've been with the organization.
Stay away! Unprofessional!
APM (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXSeptember 18, 2019
This is by far the worst place I’ve ever worked for. To say that it’s unprofessional, involves lots of micromanagement, managers who had NO clue what they’re doing does not explain enough. It’s like high school all over again! I can’t stress how toxic this work environment was, how many people gossiped about each other, no one cared for their work, and definitely, no training provided! Their recruiting department sucks and people get hired in based on who they know, not by skills
Cons
Tight work space, no training, no support from HR, bad management
High School all Over
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXMay 17, 2019
Drinking every night. If you are not apart the the cool group then they will find a way to mock you openly. Directors allowing their friends to sleep in their vehicles during work. Because they are too hung over. My director was openly trying the hook up all the time with every new female. At first it seems cool.
If I Go Back To The Day I Considered An Interview.
AAM (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXApril 10, 2019
There less than 6 months and 4 people from my team left the company. High Turn over, management is conniving and not knowledgeable. Wish I would have not found the listing or considered the interview. I can't get the time I spent back.
Pros
Christian/ Regious envirnoment
Cons
Overload of Work and favortism
Not Family Friendly
Assistant Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXApril 2, 2019
This place seemed like a dream come true at first. You come in and show them everything you got and put your heart into your work and uproot your life only for it to come crashing down. They say they are family oriented but when everything hit the fan they tell you focus on fixing what you need and don't worry. Fake people and more fake promises to make you think you are getting better and they actually care but they don't. If you aren't bending over backwards trying become the favorites to upper management no matter what results are shown there is no future in this company. It has just changed so much... lost ideals now.
Pros
Free lunches if you're religious or have time
Cons
Expensive health care and not a person to care
100% Travel work, worked 3 months straight asked for one weekend off and rushed to get back to work sunday morning
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 30, 2018
1 to 2 man Crews as a service tech, change bad bulbs and ballasts in various things such as lighting fixtures indoor and outdoor signs up to 40 ft using a pulled trailer lift, document all supplies, very quick paced.
Pros
Lots of travel, decent pay, decent management
Cons
not enough time off
Amazing people and atmosphere!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Crowley, TXSeptember 26, 2018
I am employed with Powerhouse and to say it has been a blessing is an understatement. I couldn't have asked for a better work environment. For the first time I can actually say I ENJOY going to work every day. The employees are incredibly helpful and friendly, there are great perks and benefits, and you have a sense of family here. I highly recommend Powerhouse both personally and professionally!
Pros
Friendly coworkers/management
Worst place ever
Pm (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXJuly 24, 2018
I left a food job for advancement
Worst mistake ever
Stay away from these people.
The people there are cut throat
Upper Management could care less about motivation
Cons
Good people to work with
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXNovember 28, 2017
Good pay and fun place to work if you are one for the road. Get sent out on projects and might not get back home for 1-3 months. Very flexible management if you need time off.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Never home
Poor mid level management
Project Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Crowley, TXAugust 4, 2017
Aside from the Primary Principle Owner there is a very strong good old boy network. They are not secure in their positions and therefore do not have your back. They will lie to cover themselves.
Worst company to work for
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXApril 20, 2017
I was begged to come work for a certain department. The manager I was appointed to work for was a psychopath. I worked for 7 days. He was fired the week after I left. Worst pay, no one has any clue what they're doing, and all the employees look miserable.
Pros
I don't have to work there
No personal life
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Crowley, TXFebruary 6, 2017
As a field tech you aren't allowed to have a life or a family. Its hard to have time with family and you find out that they are screwing you over. They pay inexperienced people so much more only because they are related to someone. Favorites are played and the actual good hard working people get screwed over. They under pay hard workers for "budget" reasons, which in reality is just a bigger paycheck for them. If they stay way under budget they keep whatever is left over from what wasn't used in the budget. Field techs don't get recognized and only superintendents get awarded. They won't commit to hard working leads/field techs, only to one's who are related to someone in this ridiculous company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Expensive healthcare, no bounardies when it comes to time off, if you aren't related they wont pay you as good as someone who is
Good Foundation, bad core
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXJanuary 27, 2017
I felt really blessed to find Powerhouse. Unfortunately although the foundation has great potential the core of the company is not solid. Management is underqualfied. You're expected to be a workhorse and nothing else. Most companies want people who are driven and motivated the department I worked in wanted you to do as your told and not think outside their box. The want to have great customer service but not willing to invest in the people who provide great customer service.
Pros
Overall great company founded on solid principal
Cons
Leadership is underqualfied
they only lie when they move their lips.
lighting tech (Former Employee) –  scMay 15, 2015
They only lie when they move their lips. Treat you like cattle. Tell you on Sunday that you will be working out of town all next week. Kept one tech out of town for 5 wks.
Pros
Cons
everything
Powerhouse Retail Services Reveiw
SR. PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXOctober 13, 2014
A typical day at Powerhouse is about 14 hours long. This is a company that is moving very quickly and has learned to adapt to an every changing environment with a skeleton crew.

While partnered with Powerhouse I learned a great deal about my abilities and talents, as well as my leadership capabilities. I must add that Powerhouse is one of the nicest group of people you could ask to work with, from the Owners to the Janitor they honestly care about every employee and partner.

The best thing about working with Powerhouse was the close knit family environment. The hardest part of working with Powerhouse was the lack of talented support staff. This was an environment where everyone felt under appreciated.
Pros
Family focus, Christian values, bonus structure for all employees, healthcare, message parlor on site, personal trainer and exercise facility on site
Cons
Long hours, demanding work load, unorthodox reporting methods, management miss-alignment, no congruent direction, lack focus of key roles, no standardized methods for project management, industry low wages, industry low price leader
Would not recommend for others
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXNovember 12, 2013
Management is not very forthcoming with information and lacks communication.
They were a great Employer! But I only worked for them 3 weeks, so I'm not sure my assessment counts.
Temporary Laborer (Former Employee) –  Walmart, Farmington NMJune 10, 2013
I only worked with them on one project, and only for the last 3/4weeks of that project, so conditions and policies may vary depending on the contract, supervisors, etc...

We were always given breaks, trained well, and furnished good instructions. Everything was well organized and managed. People were expected to work hard.
Due to the above criteria being met, our crew accomplished a lot and were sometimes ahead.
_________________________________________________________
*We would sign in, have a meeting and get to works
*I learned how to read a planogram, how to install fixtures, and even do basic maintenance on scanners. I was also introduced to light construction and remodeling work.
*The supervisors were fantastic and made sure you worked hard, but only within your capabilities. They were quite pleasant to be around.
*My co-workers were all very different, but all were expected to work hard and were assigned tasks per ability. For the most part they were hard working. I liked all of them.
*The hardest part of the job was getting there at 7am. But to be quite honest, even that wasn't difficult... I am pressed to find a critique for this employer.
*Being called upon to do special tasks. Really liked how good they were at recognizing and exploiting potential.
Pros
Excellent pay, Good management, travel cost reimbursement
Cons
Roomates if travel, travel varies
What a joke
Lead Electrician (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJMay 28, 2013
This was the worst place ever to work...don't waste your time
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything