PPG Industries Employee Reviews

Found 831 reviews matching the search See all 1,106 reviews
not fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 19, 2018
bad environment, corporate people do not have any connection with the customers, stores or the sales people. The company has no direction. Huge disconnect from higher ups to the people on the street.
Very busy
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 15, 2018
Very busy with timelines and such. Very short lunch breaks but got to leave earlier. Not very much rotation at all. Just wish I was on day shift instead of second shift
Pros
Shorter time spent there
Cons
Short breaks
Management sucks and they are rude to general public cause they are busy with contractor s.
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CANovember 14, 2018
Not a good place to work communication was horrible and they waistedalot of paint on miss matches. Not a good working environment.ppg.no longer is a good paint store.go to lowes or home depot.
Pros
Delivery was good but working with co workers there not good
Cons
Communicate with co workers wasn't good.
While I was there.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXNovember 12, 2018
The job is fairly easy and rather laid back. The job is fairly repetitious once you get trained in each activity. The job training comes in bits and pieces, the procedure list is fairly consistent, it takes awhile to get the hang of some tasks.
Pros
laid back atmosphere, short list of tasks
Cons
Repetitious time consuming work, requires intense focus.
Good place to work, learns a lot
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRNovember 8, 2018
Learns a lot in the process of preparing and matching colors also selling the vast and different quantities in products, from epoxies to architectural coatings.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Starting federal minimum wage
No balance. Work over family.
Acc (Former Employee) –  Allison Park, PANovember 7, 2018
After I was called back to work from FMLA a week early when my son was born I was sat down by a global strategy director. He told me I need to have more face time at work and with a new born I have to make a choice if I am going to be a family man or an advance my career at PPG man. This was all while working 10+ hour days. I was also denied a vacation day that was initially approved to spend time with my brother who was home on his once a year military leave. This is a company that does not care if you have a family or are involved in anything outside of the company. If you want balance and you want your kids to not be scared of you when you return from work find another company to work for because this is not the one. This is one of those “this is the way it is because it’s always been done this way and we won’t change it” companies.
Pros
I once got 3 free titleist golf balls and a couple t shirts that didn’t fit.
Cons
No balance. No flexiblity, micromanaging
work place
Chemist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 3, 2018
How much you like work at PPG really depends on which group you work in. It is a very big plant, with lots of workers. Work life balance is again dependent on which group you work for. And how well that group is doing.
There is always work to be done, so you should be able to find something to do. One of the biggest problems I have with PPG is that no one wants to plan out projects. And there is no real push for big long term projects to be organized. Most of the time is spent on putting out small fire.
If you are one of the people that plans ahead and finishes projects early, you get penalized for it by more work and more projects to work on. so you do more work but gets paid the same as the person the waits to the last minute and does less work throughout the year. Also you are rated/graded as a group because most managers do not know what you do. And some do not know how you did stuff, only that it was done. I have had managers come in a say "I do know what time is but i have already said yes can you get this done?"
Pros
depends on which group you work in
Cons
depends on which group you work in
Great company to work for
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCOctober 31, 2018
The PPG Corporate Office is located in Pittsburgh, PA. The office I worked for was is Mooresville, NC (10 people). We worked hard, both as a team and individually, to accomplish all of our goals. Management changed several times over the years bringing new challenges and goals to the table. A typical day at the office for me consisted of: assisting the field sales team with requests and questions, daily upkeep of the team roster, setting up new employees, keeping the office clean, ordering office supplies as needed, setting up meetings/conference calls, keep track of office equipment needs, assisting office staff, mailings/shipments, and overall running of the office. I feel my strongest strength is getting along with everyone (from the field sales team up to the executives of the company). I enjoy helping others accomplish their goals.
Pros
I felt like a valued employee. Great benefits.
Cons
Salary raises/bonuses were not as high as I would have liked.
Focus missions change with management change every 3-5 years
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 28, 2018
Focus missions change with management change every 3-5 years, instead of carrying over, which results in only mid-term plan. Senior management does what they think it's best at time, but it lacks in long-term plan.
Pros
Great benefit
A good place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAOctober 26, 2018
I spent 44 years at PPG most of them rather rewarding The pace was a think on your feet pace. The atmosphere for most of my stay was a family type with close relationships. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the employees I had the privilege of supervising.
Great work place
Research and Development Chemist (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 25, 2018
Great people. Fast paced environment with the best equipment and materials available for the efficient execution of your duties. PPG is an excellent company to work for with great benefits including health insurance programs,401k, discount offers,etc..
Pros
fast pace
Cons
fast pace
Productive and Fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHOctober 24, 2018
i learned how to complete data spread sheets and to work in excel. The workplace was very warm and friendly. My manager was very understanding and approachable. The job was never hard.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Job didn't last longer
Long time workers
Dir, Comp Global HR Tech (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 24, 2018
It can be a great place to retire. Long time works still have great benefits, however people are getting much more from the outside. PPG is very cliqish and if you are not on the inside your out.
neh
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2018
Great Place to work, Never should have left. Not much room for advancement, but manager positions are always available. so take advantage when getting ahead is a possibility.
Productive work environment
Sr. Functional Consultant -Order to Cash (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 18, 2018
Good place to work. People are really good and work life balance is really good. Especially people in my project were the best I had experience with. Very accommodating and understanding.
Fast paced sales
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 16, 2018
If you are willing to put int he time on sales call and cold calls this job is for you, you will learn customer service skills along with architectural coatings knowledge.this company is a team atmosphere and all involved are willing to help you succeed.
Pros
flexibility, team atmosphere
Cons
upper management, pay is a little lower than other coatings company
PPG an Overview
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 16, 2018
PPG Industries is not a bad place to work. The pay is good and the benefits are outstanding. Management is typical management there. They have their people that are watching over them too an putting pressure on them. The hardest part of the job is probably dealing with the heat during the summer months.
Pros
Good pay and great benefits
Cons
Hot work environment during the summer
my time in ppg
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIOctober 16, 2018
a typical day consisted of going to a meeting and being told the product that was being ran how much we were running an hour and who we were replacing on the line. the most enjoyable part of my job was the point that we finished a run and the feeling of accomplishment that came with that.
the hardest part of the job would have to be the fact that there was so much to remember on t he first day but it got easier over time. the tings I learned like the log sheets and how to run and maintained the line. work place is like any other place I suppose its filled with nice and down to earth people.
Fun workplace
Outside Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2018
Good company to work for, goals are set forth and they can be achieved .quarterly bonuses are paid three weeks after the quarter is over and all numbers are in .
No respect for "experienced" workers
Sr. Development Chemist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioOctober 15, 2018
The PPG Cleveland site is run by a political agenda and has underlying "couples" who maintain social as well as business relationships and use their combined power to make others miserable. If you are not management you are nothing, "worthless". I was told a 2 week medical break counted against my performance.
Cons
I was told a 2 week medical break counted against my performance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PPG Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight