PPG Industries Employee Reviews

Great place
Plant Electrician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TX 76240May 23, 2018
I enjoyed my job at PPG. They pay for schooling for advancements. The company provided all the materials to do your job and has a great safety team.Great management.
nice place to work
CID TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 23, 2018
good place to work. great benefits and vacation time. Long hours and some heavy lifting. overall good place to work. people are willing to help if you need it.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 23, 2018
Good hours for day shift they definitely will work with you on family time and it’s great to be able to have most weekends off and occasions have to work days but for only 6 hours
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Wage
Typical corporate America workplace
Employee (Current Employee) –  PittsburghMay 22, 2018
Primarily good people but with silo'd work environments. Attempts to modernize the culture have occurred but it's been a slow go. But there is progress.
Pros
Good people, stable company, attempting to modernize the culture
Cons
Silo'd departments, resistant to change
Great Place
Hazmat Driver, Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 22, 2018
I was just tired of driving all the time. It was a great store but i didnt care to drive all the time. The employees were great my pay was great i was just tired of driving i wanted an office job
good productive place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCMay 21, 2018
ppg was a good place to work the pay was good with flexiable hours. the supervisors where fair and treated workers with the proper respect it takes to be successful in the work place.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
high expectations
Friendly and safe enviroment
Picker Packer/walkie rider machine operator (Former Employee) –  801 Bilter RD,Aurora ILMay 16, 2018
A typical day at work for me, would be picking orders,staging,tagging
and utilizing the scanner to find the proper items. Management is always professional. Workplace culture is positive and motivating. The hardest part of the job is trying to locate misplaced items. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving the job,knowing that its completed as well as leaving out the same way you came in.
took care of you
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Pelham, NYMay 16, 2018
PPG acquired Spraylat Corporation in 2012 and once they came on board they took care of us better than our previous employer they compensated us they encouraged us to seek education and job training to enhance our skill sets . I enjoyed and wish I would have stayed with PPG but they closed the NY office and moved the majority of people to corporate office.
Good opportunity to learn. Positive work environment.
Pro Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 15, 2018
Good Company to work for but in financial distress. It was a better company to work for in past years but has fallen on bad times due to poor leadership.
Poorly ran
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 14, 2018
PPG is a place to easily advance due to the high turnover, most people leave within a year due to being underpaid and over worked. There is no consistency with this company.
Pros
easy to advance
Cons
almost everything else
I enjoyed the work and the people the environment and conditions were all Pleasant ones.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 14, 2018
A serious environment which demands one to be focused. As an Aerospace quality controller the responsibility for the safety of passengers aboard aircraft planes was a great concern.
Very relaxed environment
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAMay 14, 2018
Very beneficial place to work. The environment is very relaxed and comfortable. The management is very nice and understanding. The overall company cares about you individually and has the upmost respect for you and your development.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
on your feet for long periods of time
Bad Place To Work
ADM (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 13, 2018
Micro management. They hate sales people. Worst sales job I've ever had. They change comp plan every 3-6 months to minimize paying you.

They hire and promote managers from outside the company that have no industry experience. They do this because people with experience will question upper Management's bad decisions.

Their IT is from 1985.

Don't work here if you have any self respect.
Pros
Vacation Time 3 Weeks
Cons
Incompetent Management
Good Place to work
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 12, 2018
PPG as a whole is a place where individuals are empowered to perform tasks assigned in their own unique way. In my time there, I learned many valuable lessons about coworker interaction and gained a knowledge of human resources. The most difficult part involved with working at PPG was the lack of unity between different sectors of the company. The most enjoyable part of working for PPG was the interaction with perspective employees and the management of the current contractors.
you can make a good living
batch maker/shift lead (Former Employee) –  Alexander, ARMay 8, 2018
to much weekend work
there is a lot to learn
good pay
insurance is good
best part is the people who work there
hardest part of the job is working 6 and 7 days a week and not have much home time
management is good
Pros
safety is number 1 its agood place to wprk
Cons
most of the year you work 6 days a week
A great job with a great company and quality products.
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHMay 7, 2018
My main job was tell sell to my existing and new accounts and to supply Technical Service as needed and required. I learned a lot from lab personnel and my Customer and the veterans. We had many Managers change and having to learn their ways and ideas changed often. Not being recognized more for what I did. I love to travel and to satisfy the Customer.

I really enjoyed the Customers and the relationships that we grew and became friends as well as Customers. I mentored 5 different college graduates and younger new personnel and i had much pleasure seeing them become successful. I would also travel wherever needed to make PPG successful. At many times I was needed for my Spanish language abilities.
It’s a great atmosphere to work
Fulfillment Planner - Dover Plant (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 7, 2018
PPG is Foward moving company and all around great place to work. I have acquired several new skills and my tenure with the company and look forward to next adventure.
Great Place to work.
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 7, 2018
Almost everyone is great to work with. More than fair pay. Tons of benefits. Great health care and the car deals are very good as well. Overall is great place to work at.
Overall a factory setting
Production (Former Employee) –  Evart, MIMay 6, 2018
I decent place to work, Stressful job that demanded numerous working hours including 12 hour days and weekend. Demanding work environment that is stressful.
Upper Management could use some help
Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHMay 5, 2018
PPG is a good place to work until you get promoted. Then upper management gives you vague and unclear directives and expectations. When you ask for help from upper management on job tasks and responsibilities you get disciplined. Upper management shows very little interest in boosting morale of the employees and can be condescending at times. I have heard that not all departments are like this and each department works very independently from each other, so it could be hit or miss on whether or not you will be treated poorly by your manager. Coworkers are great for the most part and the work load is reasonable. You won't be bored, but you won't be overwhelmed everyday either. There is a solid divide between the unionized production workers and the salaried employees so moving up into any kind of management will force you to understand both sets of rules and regulations and that can get tiresome at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PPG Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.4Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight