PPG Industries Employee Reviews

Would not recommend
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJuly 10, 2018
Most technicians are hired on as temporary employees. It can take anywhere from two to six years to be hired on. They claim to place employee safety first, however don't fix safety issues when they arrive. Instead, they terminate the employee responsible.
Pros
Optional overtime, emphasis on quality, paid lunch and additional breaks
Cons
Lack of communication, detached management
A regular day at the shipping deparment
Shipping clerk/ Logistics Coordinator assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 9, 2018
the shipping department is a fast pace environment.
I learned a lot about shipping and logistics with this position.
is a good place to work.
enjoyed working with my team,
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks.
Was not a fan of working for this place but wasn't a bad job.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYJuly 9, 2018
Between the hours and the work that was required, I did not enjoy working here. The pay was okay and the management was okay and I made some friends there but was ultimately laid off with a large group of people.
Committed staff and friendly environment
Operations (Current Employee) –  PAJuly 8, 2018
Very focussed and mission driven organization. A lot of development opportunity. Emphasis on year on year growth creating drive but sometimes stress.
Internship Experience
Process Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 7, 2018
Good internship, I learned a lot about engineering and the professional workplace. Unfortunately interning with them does not seem to affect applying for full-time positions. I waited 3 months to hear back to find out they decided not to hire anyone.
Not a bad company
Worker (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJuly 3, 2018
Not a bad company to be a part of. Wages are somewhat lower than others. But they are one on the very few places that pay you a monthly bonus. That is what will keep most employees around.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
No comment
Menial job
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 3, 2018
Undesirable work cleaning up room where you spray paint coating on metal tubes. You have to wear a mask and suit to protect yourself from harmful fumes. Management practices favoritism by promising conversion but fails to deliver. If pump breaks down you lose hours from work and cannot rely on PPG for wages during downtime.
Pros
Easy job for uneducated.
Cons
May be harmful to your health
Good work, poor management
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Darien, WIJuly 1, 2018
Loved my job there. Just poor management. Loved the work I did. The people were great to work with. Did a variety of work so made for a quick day. Management is under-experienced and doesn't back you up an corporate decisions.
Good people.
Sr Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILJuly 1, 2018
Fair pay for the work required. Working hours were good. Benefits were very good. There is overcapacity in the paint world and our plant is shutting down.
Good place to work could be great with minimal changes
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44111June 30, 2018
Good pay, benefits, and paid time off for the industry standard. A few changes at the Cleveland Ohio site could return the site to the extremely good place to work of the past. Hourly work force was good for the most part and the supervisors worked together well to support each other and cover shifts for each other.
Good people to work with, learned mechanical skills
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 30, 2018
My coworkers at PPG were great people to work with and be around. I worked in the maintenance department and was able to manage a few responsibilities such as managing the supply room, testing the water in the boilers weekly, and taking care of various other tasks around the buildings as they came up throughout the day. I also learned how to use a mill and a lathe to make small parts that were needed by my coworkers.
Pros
No work on Fridays
Cons
10 hour workdays
Ppg
Winder Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCJune 30, 2018
I worked for PPG as a Winder Operator. This is a very fast pace and demanding job. It is not a job for anyone that is lazy and wants something simple. Every day is not the same. This place can be what you make it. It also depend on what you can withstand. If you have been there a long time you will have much easier jobs. You must work your way up.
Extreme turnover due to low pay, long hours, bad benefits, bad management, shrinking sales...
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 29, 2018
Management has no empathy toward it's employees. They are unreasonable and irrational and HR supports this culture. Sales are low priority. Pay is low Priority. No matching 401k. Insurance is horrible. I dropped vision and dental because there is no benefit. There is no recognition for accomplishments.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Where do I start or end?
You work with fiber glass
Hauler (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCJune 26, 2018
It is a fast paste job.
Some really nice employees on the job training. Very nice supervisors.. The hours are great. Not to bad of a job. Overall great job
Pros
Eight hours shift
Cons
Fiber glass
personal opinion
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 26, 2018
I felt PPG is a very competitive place to work. If you do not mind long hours and a hot environment, this is the job for you. they offer many different job listings to fit any job your skills set you eligible for. The uniform is a one piece flame retardant boiler suit, safety goggles, a respirator, and a hard hat. In the summer heat, this is close to unbearable.
Pros
hours
Cons
fumes, dust, very hot.
No longer there
Twist Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NC 27295June 25, 2018
This company sold out to the Chinese and they are no longer in good standing with the community. I don't reccommend this company as it exsist today.It shut down all operations excepy one and very few people work there.
Small Department
Help Desk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJune 25, 2018
It was an interesting experience with the Color IT department. We were all temporary employees and some were graciously waiting for a permanent position to open in order to move up. I enjoyed my co-workers for the most part and we were left to our devices by management so we could do our jobs.
Pros
Hour Lunches
Cons
Uncertain Job Security
fast pase work
Glass Production Attendant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJune 22, 2018
a fast work place with many machines for employees to operate. many rotating shifts and overtime that is available. Constant moving and standing at all time.
Poor management
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guilderland Center, NYJune 22, 2018
Management was awful, that is the reason myself and almost all of the full-time staff left. Hours and paid time off were nice, health insurance was very expensive and not good.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
Miserable manager with very limited job knowledge.
PPG is falling apart
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  HoustonJune 21, 2018
Pay is low. Upper management doesn't care about anything as long as they're making money. They're slowly destroying the company through new rules and programs that are "proven" to work. Co workers are great, but that's about it. This company doesn't recognize knowledge or skills. They'll easily hire someone with no experience to run a store rather than promote someone from within that knows what they are doing. The people that run PPG are delusional if they think they will last like this.
Pros
Store level co-workers are great
Cons
Literally everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PPG Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight