PPG Industries Employee Reviews

Found 898 reviews matching the search See all 1,190 reviews
Learn it on you own
Finishing Department (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 19, 2019
The on the floor training was done by employee that the supervisor though did the best job. The employee would perform the task while you taking notes. The next day you were expected to perform the job yourself. My trainer wasn't patience at all, they keep saying they couldn't train me because I was left handed. Which I found this to be offensive. When asking a question to get a better understanding of the process, they would just take over the task and do it themselves instead of showing/explaining. There seems to be no guidelines/structure for training process.

Lot of season employee that are sit in their ways. Not really willing to help you, will see you struggling with a task and will sit there and just watch you make a mistake. But they would be the first one to run tell the supervisor of the mistake you've made.
Pros
1st shift hours
Cons
lack of training, gossip
horrible place to work with retaliatory supervisors and management.
Forklift Driver/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILMarch 14, 2019
I will be persuing a charge of wrongful termination against PPG. they yell at you back in the warehouse, there is hardly any safety awareness, almost got killed by a forktruck...
Pros
all the drugs you want!
Cons
you get fired for following comapny policy
Only an Unpaid Shadowing Program
Shadowing Student (Former Employee) –  Allison Park, PAMarch 13, 2019
Unpaid shadowing program in which I did not get a fully immersive experience working there. However, from what I witnessed it seemed like a company I'd like to work for
Productive Place to Work at
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIMarch 13, 2019
Good job. Depends on what mixer you run. Your body can get a little tired after working long 12 hour shifts. Managment needs to figure out how to get everybody on the same page. All in all an alright job.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Body gets tired.
Union Reps are the best
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHMarch 11, 2019
This is a great opportunity. I just couldn't get my mental time clock to get used to shift work hours. Training is provided and in depth, so you KNOW what your doing.
Pros
Cons
Some co workers are unproductive
Production Worker
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  East Point, GA 30344March 11, 2019
Work 40+ hours a week. Learned how to mix and fill batches of paint. Management doesn't care enough for the care of the department or their workers. The culture is of many. The hardest part of the job is hoping that your equipment works well so that you can finish your batch. The most enjoyable part of the job is the overtime.
Pros
The Pay
Cons
Doesn't care a lot about how you get your job done just get it done.
Not a great job
Territory sales representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 10, 2019
Retail territory sales representative is a joke. It is basically a retail level stockboy job with the added pressure of sales and training KPI. Local supervisor in Dallas is a horrible leader. The corporate office won't spend money on advertising and brandname awareness. They are incorrectly led to believe that they are too big to need to advertise. They don't want feedback from the front line sales team.
Pros
Free paint
Professional manufacturing plant
Industrial Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 8, 2019
Very nice facility which manufacturers aircraft transparencies.
Multi-cultural facility. Great benefits for employees (ie: short term disability and long term disability.
Pros
Distance to facility
Cons
No room for advancement
A wonderful place to work. Very professional.
KForce, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIMarch 7, 2019
I enjoyed working at PPG Industries and made many friends.
The workplace culture was very comfortable.
It was sometimes hard to keep up with the Customer Service requests.
A terrible company to work for.
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 6, 2019
A typical day starts out by doing daily financials and getting orders ready for delivery. The rest of the day is spent attending to customers and answering emails. I learned that in PPG that the "good ol' boy" mentality still exists. To be promoted, you need to throw other employees under the bus and let regional management walk all over you. The management is the market I work in is very toxic and turnover is extremely high. The hardest part of the job is dealing with upper management. The only enjoyable aspect of the job is the hours. The less time you spend there, the better you are.
Good people, Good environment
Contractor- Sourcing / Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHMarch 2, 2019
Good people to work with, Great environment. I was a contract employee and the commute was too long for me from where I live.I would recommend PPG as a good place to work.
Cons
Decent job for decent pay.
Sliver handler (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCMarch 1, 2019
Like most places, you have good and bad days. The employees get along well, and are mostly in good spirits. The days can be long, but the 4 days off are good!
Great Company
QC Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2019
It was a great company to work for. Had the ability to grow as a lead technician.
Had the liberty to work with all the products lines.
Proud of the product than got approved and will buy its products because of the quality
Past Employee
AF- Account Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 1, 2019
I was in my territory for over 9 years with PPG and a total of 30 years with multiple companies. 104 of us were cut and positions were eliminated and most were over the age of 50. I grew my territory but didn’t play politics. When I was let go my territory was at 120% to budget with a huge growth year to come. They released me because they knew they were going to be paying a good amount of bonus money. They replaced me with someone half my age and half my salary and a quarter of my knowledge. I worked in the AF division and applied to other divisions and was blocked by my immediate supervisor because he couldn’t afford to lose me.

When you build a territory and develop that territory through a tremendous amount of work, PPG doesn’t care. But to take that territory and just hand it to someone else that will get all the bonuses that the territory is set to receive is wrong.

You want to work for a company that can and will do this?
Very nice place to work
Order Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIFebruary 28, 2019
Orders varied widely by customer demand, but always achieved our goal. 99% effective rating

Verifided quote to order entry. Then if still ok, will be regular home healthcare nurse
Good benefits, lousy management
Operator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 23, 2019
Overall a decent company with competitive pay. But the Cleveland site specifically is poorly managed. They talk safety but don't enforce it. Can't decide what shift production labor and management will be working - flipping for the second time in 5 years. They also don't enforce discipline - slackers get a free ride.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Inconsistent with policy
Na
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Allison Park, PAFebruary 22, 2019
I do not have anything to review about PPG. I was a contractor with them for three years. I only know what they expect from their contractors. Management was usually helpful when you needed something.
Great job
QC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIFebruary 21, 2019
Work was fast-paced
Learned a lot of interesting information
I would recommend the job to everyone
Wonderful co-workers
Great vacation and personal days offered
Insurance was not the greatest
HR sucks but everything else is decent
Blender Operator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 20, 2019
HR could easily be replaced with a sticky note to the HR direct hotline because if you have any questions they will just refer you to the number anyways
Managment/ Cafeteria
Floater (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 20, 2019
In all managment is great. The best part was cafeteria great food ...the hours are great too depending on what shift. Some overtime is required not so much mandatory
Benefits
Cons
Breaks are a little short

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PPG Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight