PPI Employee Reviews

fast pass
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus Grove, OHNovember 9, 2017
this place is not all that bad management sucks.
they can tell you you have to stay over even if you do want to.
you have to run at least 90 % all the time
Pros
good healh care
Cons
no lunch
Be your own boss.
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAAugust 25, 2017
Very little time spent being managed. Great manager. Have to be self motivated. The hardest part of the job is driving yourself to maintain a good work ethic as it can become monotonous.
Admin Assistant
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Puente CaliforniaAugust 1, 2017
Great Associate perfect listener hard worker is looking for a great opportunity love meeting new people very flexible worked with 100s of Associates processed paper work.
Stressful workplace at times
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 3, 2017
Enjoyed all my friends that I made working there and interacting with customers but management was horrible and you may as well forget a pay raise. Very stressful.
Ppi
Site Manager/ Admin (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2017
Company does not care about its employees, they pay to little, over work you and treat you like you do not matter, even the supervisors are too. Its bad!
Pros
Job is Easy
Cons
Underpaid, Over worked, CEO is horrible and arrogant, treated poorly and no advancement with no raises even for employees there for 5+ years.
productive
Darkroom Technician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 6, 2017
productive company atmosphere, encourages independent work, wonderful people to work with, includes all areas of photography including traditional darkroom work and digital
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Steady consecutive work
Assembly/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 12, 2016
Wasn't all that hard just a lot of standing an doing the same thing over and over again every day. Enjoyed working here, it was seasonal work though and couldn't handle the off time.
Fun work enviorment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 8, 2016
Unpredictable hours lack of communication among supervisor mandatory overtime hard to work with employee that don't speak English demanding staying late hours disorganized temperature pay every week hiring supervisor relocated
Pros
Overtime paid evey week
Cons
Short breaks low pay
Great culture
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 23, 2016
Great company to work for for sure. Would love to stay for the next two years, Im impressed by their ethics and dedication and hard work
hardest part of the job
robtic welder (Current Employee) –  Columbus Grove, OHAugust 21, 2016
I would say is to make rate. they want you to make 90 percent which isn't that hard at some jobs but when machines break down constantly and maientace cnt get to you right away. Then some jobs rate are way too high too.
Pros
after so many days of on accidents free you get a cookout
Cons
breaks are short but they are paid for.
Productive, good work enviroment.
Seamstress (Former Employee) –  Granite Falls, NCJune 15, 2016
We had good management. The co-workers were easy to get along with.The entire staff treated the workers well. A typical day at work was, we would come in set up our station, sew, then we would take a 15 min. break,and then a 30 min. lunch break, and continue to sew, and then another 15 min. break, and go back to sewing and then the day would be over.
Pros
Long breaks, good production, good pay
Cons
N/a
Productive and supportive workplace
Affiliate agent/consultant (Current Employee) –  TorontoApril 28, 2016
Recommending financial solutions to clients working with various Insurance and Financial institutions. PPI has been consistently and regularly training its agents, brokers and consultants providing superb support inorder for them to service their clients with knowledge and skills.
Decent Place to gain Experience
Cable Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAFebruary 25, 2016
Flawed Management Layout and little pay. Good place to gain experience in the telecommunication field though. The work days are long, 13 plus hour which often dont leave you time for lunch, or to eat anything at all. Managers are unreliable and hard o get a hold of in times of need. The work environment is less than morbid, a few cents short of a slave house. Sarcasm intended, Best Part of the job is being on your own, Hardest Part of the job is getting the support needed to do the job in a timely manner.
Pros
Experience, Independence
Cons
no breaks, lunch and minimal support as a beginner
Busy environment, interesting place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJanuary 26, 2016
As the creative coordinator I work in the art/publishing department of the PPI Group. I get in at 8:30 am everyday, and check my emails, make sure all the publications are on schedule and that all of our quotes have been signed for up coming issues. Than I will move on to creating digital publications for all of our magazines, work on costs analyses for our accounting department, and check the maps to make sure all ads are in the correct place. In between doing all of this I will usually get buzzed about 12-18 times a day from different departments, and they usually need me to answer a quick question or come down to their office to talk about, videos, sales, ads, up coming books, or cost/ budgeting reports.

I have learned a lot at this company. I really feel like I grew into my own here and I am much more prepared to take on the world. I have gained confidence in my skills and abilities. I also learned about different management styles, as well as sales styles. Watching my boss and my coworkers I learned how to speak to different clients and customers in the best possible way to keep everyone happy while still making the sale.

The boss in my department is wonderful. I would jump the moon for her. She appreciates her team and treats everyone great. Our little department is a good work environment for the most part. Some times people get every negative and are rude to one another, which is uncalled for but that it pretty much everywhere. The COO and the CEO of the company are terrible managers. They do not respect their employees, who puts a damper on the work
  more... environment but nothing is perfect. The way the company is set up, it makes it impossible to advance to a hire position, which means there is not enough room for growth.

My coworkers are great. It is the art department so we have some dramatics from time to time but I think it keeps the office interesting and makes coming to work an adventure.

The hardest part of my job is keeping track of all 40+ publications. I have to make sure that everything is organized for them before they come out and we add more every year, but we lose some every year too. Keeping up on contracts and keeping an organized excel sheet for contracts, and dates is the only way to keep everything in check so nothing slips through the cracks.

The most enjoyable part of my job is creating the digital issues because its when everything comes together. All the invoices have been paid and you have secured all ads and photos and now it is time for the publication to be completed.
company is no longer in business
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MASeptember 14, 2015
This company was great to work for when first hired, then was sold and new owner ran the company into the ground. close to home.
great
Instrument Man (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAApril 25, 2015
great environment to be around. real wholesome place. always smiles and laughs around that place. would work there again anytime
An experience
Slave (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLFebruary 23, 2015
A facade whereby sacred cows, internal politics, incompetence and unprofessional ism flourishes with the GM and minority of senior management flourishes, which then clouds the majority that are good and potential of the entire operation.
I love construction
Flagger/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 11, 2014
Walking 20+ miles is tough but at the end of the day, you know you have worked. It is a fun atmosphere. And the people are fun to get to know. The work can be challenging but rewarding.
Pros
Excellent money
Cons
Getting rained out
Good company, good people
Piping Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2014
Good company with good benefits. Excellent co-workers for the largest part. From my observation, management sincerely had the best interests of their employees at heart.
The most difficult part of the job, was acquisition of information and data, with which to do your job.
Pros
management that was always ready to listen
Cons
client management
good work plece
Flat Bat Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  bagdad iraqJuly 21, 2013
good day diciplin good managment best co-workers same time hard work
Pros
food free
Cons
12hour work