PPL Corporation Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 126 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
- Company size5,001 to 10,000
- Revenue$5B to $10B (USD)
- HeadquartersAllentown, PA
PPL Corporation (NYSE: PPL), based in Allentown, Pennsylvania, is a leading U.S. energy company focused on providing electricity and natural gas safely, reliably and affordably to more than 3.5 million customers in the U.S. PPL’s high-performing, award-winning utilities – Louisville Gas and Electric, Kentucky Utilities, PPL Electric Utilities and Rhode Island Energy – provide an outstanding service experience for our customers. Our companies are addressing energy challenges head-on by building smarter, more resilient and more dynamic power grids and advancing sustainable energy solutions. PPL provides energy for millions of customers while providing challenging and rewarding careers for thousands of employees. Find out more at www.pplweb.com.
You’re seeing all 139 jobs at PPL Corporation because we can’t find any available jobs at PPL Corporation close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 108 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Employees at PPL Corporation have reported receiving these benefits. They will vary by role and location.
What is the best part of working at the company? Hours are between patient and you What is the most stressful part about working at the company? If patient doesn't want you to come or hospitalized no work What is the work environment and culture like at the company? You work at an individual vhome What is a typical day like for you at the company? Busy...patient will ask you to do all kinds of things
Good environment Able to take care of loved ones and a lot of opportunities to take care of other clients as well paid well and able to take off when needed
I slept good at night knowing I was helping the elderly, cooking was fun and easy and the take were simple if I hadn't of had to move, I would've still been with them!
The company is split between Union and non-Union workers. So people have a set mentality when working with one another causing a challenging work environment. Parts of the management are very friendly while others just try and do whatever it takes to get the promotion. PPL does not budget properly and over budget and under budget parts of the department. In turn, creating problems in other departments as some are understaffed and cannot gain a few more employees.
They wanted you available 24x7x365. Calls on weekends and evenings were normally. My management had no concept of work & family balance. Didn’t feel they respected your responsibility to handled parents matters !!
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 45 questions about working at PPL Corporation. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from PPL Corporation employees.
Insights from 120 Indeed users who have interviewed with PPL Corporation within the last 5 years.
What made me want to choose this for a career
What made me choose this position in this company.I told them because I like to keep things in place and keep things clean and neat and up to par.
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- PPL Corporation