Play YouTube video button

4.6
Ratings breakdown
Featured review
PPR Travel Nursing selected this as a representative review
If you're going to be a travel nurse, do it with PPR, you'll thank me later.
Travel Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 16, 2018
I love PPR so much and my recruiter! Everyone from payroll to compliance communicates efficiently and makes life so much easier. I've used another company in the past so I have something to compare. Traveling can be stressful and they have done everything to make the process as smooth as they can. For as long as I'm traveling, I'll be with PPR.
Great company
RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 11, 2018
Work with a great recruiter no longer there named Andy. Very personable friendly and helpful in getting my papers for working in Florida. Company was fair paid well really liked them.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Never heard from them agsin
Friendly hard working company - Would definitely recommend.
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 26, 2018
PPR is an amazing travel company. From the start my recruiter Heather impressed me with her kind spirit, knowledge of my field, and desire to answer all the questions I could possibly think of. She works hard to get me the travel assignments I'm looking for and is always available. I have never had a problem with payroll or anything else. I would definitely recommend PPR to anyone looking to be a travel nurse!
PPR travel
Registered PACU Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 10, 2018
From the start, I had great support from my recruiter, Stephani R., who still checks in on me from time to time. I really enjoyed working with her the most and knew she always had my back. If I ever had issues or concerns within the company, such as payroll, she took matters into her own hands. I appreciated that. My job in travel nursing was pretty great as the team was amazing that I had the pleasure of working with, however, the hours were a little challenging for me. I did know what I was getting into though. I learned so much more about my specialty area and feel like I became a better nurse from the experience. I would definitely travel again with this company if and when the time is right :)
Travel Nurse
RN (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 8, 2018
Great Travel Nursing Agency. My recruiter is very personable. They are efficient and timely. They were very helpful in picking assignments. I would recommend them to any new or experienced travel nurse.
Concerns addressed
Registered Nurse Medical Surgery/Trauma (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 23, 2018
Hospital I referred to was fast paced, but friendly. Concerns to recruiter of PPR addressed in a timely fashion. No big overall complaints. Limited availability for positions at different hospitals hard to find.
PPR Travel Nursing Gets Me
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 26, 2018
PPR is expertly proactive, reimburses me for required certifications, they send out snail-mail thank you notes and gift cards, and they work reasonably within my full-time schedule. My recruiter is easy to get a hold of, she is aware of my job desires, and she is personable. PPR wants to be your partner, a very helpful and supportive partner, in the nursing travel job market.
Pros
supportive, proactive
Cons
no paid time off
For a travel nursing company they weren't bad...
Step-Down/Telemetry and Progressive Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLJanuary 12, 2018
I had a good recruiter and that is key in the travel nursing business, I kept three recruiters working for me but only ended working with PPR every time. The first time it was a big hassle getting them every document they needed, as it felt really disorganized but once they had everything it was easier with each contract so I didn't leave. The pay they offered was the same as everyone else and I felt like my recruiter actually cared and she listened so that is a plus. I just didn't really like travel nursing which is why I left.
Temporary
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 5, 2018
This company was employee focused and fun. This was a temporary travel company that offered competitive pay, included housing, benefits and a friendly and helpful recruiter.
Good company to work for
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32250December 28, 2017
As a travel agency this company is very good to work for. My recruiter was friendly and helpful. I never felt like just an employee but also a friend.
Pros
gift cards
Cares about their Nurses and staff
Travel ER Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 25, 2017
Best travel company ever! My recruiter is amazing and focused on my needs as a traveler. I have referred many nurses and they'd all agree its a great company to work for.
They have the best recruiters around
Travel Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2017
I started traveling almost a year ago. I put a lot of research into what company I wanted to go with. I talked to friends who had done some traveling, I looked on websites, I read all the reviews, looked into locations each company offered, the benefits each company offered. It was overwhelming to say the least. But I stuck with my gut and reached out to PPR when I was ready to begin the adventure. I thought I would use 2 maybe 3 different companies when I started out, as some travelers advise, but I really only needed PPR. They have positions all across the US and when I met a friend who also wanted to travel they helped us find locations that fit our criteria. My recruiter, Heather, is amazing. She didn't push me into any decision, she offered up all sorts of help and advice along the way, and she helped me find housing when I thought I wouldn't be able to. After talking with other travel nurses I have met along the way, I found that there is a common theme. There are a lot of good companies, but it's the recruiters who make all the difference. I have talked with other PPR travel nurses, who love their recruiters as much as I love mine. So, in my opinion, PPR has some of the best recruiters out there.
My recruiter is awesome
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 12, 2017
Have enjoyed my relationship with PPR. My recruiter worked well with my and helped and supported me in all areas of my assignments. Could. Not ask for a better group to work for and with.
Pros
Good working relationship
opportunity
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plains, MTJuly 7, 2017
Recruiters are constantly communicating with staff and making sure their nurses have a job lined up. Pay is weekly, pay is more than sufficient, and travel range isn't too ridiculous.
Pros
facilities, pay, benefits, bonuses
Cons
travel
Rn
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  HawaiiDecember 29, 2016
Great company to work for. Competitive pay and benefits. Recruiters work hard to find contracts in your preferred locations.
Pros
Very flexible, friendly staff
Cons
Not many contracts available in Hawaii where I live
Good
Travel Nurse (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 21, 2016
Great communication, great recruiters, great benefits, great company. They really have my best interests in mind. Also one of the highest rated by travel nurses.
Traveler's Opinion
Traveler (Current Employee) –  BoiseApril 28, 2016
I've been a traveler for over 15 years and this is one of the best companies out there. They are always there when I need something, my recruiter is quick to respond. They also pay attention to small details that make a big difference
Pros
Pay attention to small details, available when needed
Cons
Smaller company-assignment may be subbed out result is less pay for assignment
Not communicative at all with the nurses
RN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLAugust 5, 2015
The recruiters don't communicate with their nurses. Once they set you up with an assignment, you won't hear from them again until it's time for another assignment. When something comes up at night, nobody is available to help. You're basically on you own. I had paperwork that PPR hadn't sent over and nobody was there to send them over for me. It was a nightmare. I asked for a copy of a physical that I paid for and they refused to send it to me. The recruiters aren't nurses and know nothing about what we do. I'm pretty sure they set their favorite travelers up with the best jobs because you'll see on their website jobs that are open and that you want, but they won't offer them to you. All in all it was a horrible experience and once they found out I was leaving the company, everyone was rude to me. Basically, don't go with PPR.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Recruiters, job assignments, not available when you need them most
Organized and supportive
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 31, 2015
Organized management that was supportive of staff. Requirements and credentials were many except that only indicated they cared about the quality of their employees.
Tough place to work
Allied Healthcare Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Too many cliques, not enough room for advancement. Numerous top level managers, poor pay.
Caring and supportive of staff
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, CAJuly 19, 2013
PPR is very helpful. The support their staff in whatever situation might arise. They keep in contact throughout a contract to make sure the assignment is going well and that there are no concerns/issues. They provide excellent benefits and often send "just because" cards (birthday, Christmas) with gift cards. They seem to truly want to make every assignment the best experiences for their travelers.
Pros
Communication, respect, work ethics
Cons
no paid time off