PRA Group Employee Reviews

Dysfunctional Environment
Bankruptcy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 19, 2018
If you work here, be prepared to follow the money by any means necessary. Management closely tracks your productivity to the minute and micromanages your decisions. The job is stressful, and the company culture dysfunctional. Management tends to play favorites and promotes a needlessly competitive environment. If you need legal experience for your resume you will learn a great deal about bankruptcy. However, unless you thrive under pressure and can deftly sidestep office politics, I would make any tenure here a short one.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Micromanagement, Office Politics, Little Independence
pretty much you are your own business
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA 23605November 16, 2018
a great place to work if you can work independently,,great opportunity for advancement and the bonuses are wonderful they recognize hard work. dental,vision,health 401k and a lawyer if you need one who can beat that
Pros
free lunch end of month incentives
Cons
short breaks
Fun professional work environment
Account Representative/Collector (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 15, 2018
I definitely enjoyed my time working here. Along with gaining new experience in this job field, I was also able to make healthy friendships with some amazing people
Loved working here
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSNovember 8, 2018
the atmosphere was fun, and I loved the people I worked with. The job is tough but rewarding. You deal with a lot of grumpy people but you get used to it.
If im lying im dying
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXNovember 5, 2018
Let's start with them lying when u first apply. Was told they cld work with school schedule that was a lie. If u are one min short on your 80 hr u get written up. Gossip and favoritism in the whole call center. Some ppl who are Managers need to be back on the phone, they will write u up for anything and everything. If u fail a QC they will take you bonus at the end of the month. 200 each occurence. Let's say u need to take FMLA. Make u jump through hoops to get approved. but it's ok for a ho to file ADA bc she needs to go have an abortion. I have made over 100,000 for this company in less than a year. And they wanna take what little bonus they give u or mess up ur check. Ur only allowed makeup time 3x per quarter so every 3 most u can only make up ur time. They do not care if u were in the hospital, dying or family is sick. If u used your 3 make ups you cant have anymore and if u dont do ur 80 u get written up. Of let's talk about the raise.... lack there of. .29 cents... did I mention over 100,000 I earned for the company? Dont work here!
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Unprofesional, loud, pay is lousy, Favoritism immature
Productive and it’s a great place to learn if it’s your first time working in a Call Center
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXNovember 4, 2018
I’ve had a okay experience working at PRA, This was my first call center job and I must say that I have actually learned a lot working here, there are a couple of things I would change. But for the most part it’s a ok place
Pros
Free, lunch once a month, gym, great benefits, great opportunity if it’s your first call center job
Cons
Clocking out for restroom breaks, nothing is confidential when going to HR
Don’t believe the lies they tell
ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 31, 2018
I have never worked in company where the majority of management is related somehow and then they hire more family. Husbands and wives as supervisors. Management has no training, my supervisor was looking friends and if you were her friend you got special treatment. I worked in a hostile work environment everyday where I was bullied, harassed and picked on daily by members of my team as well as my supervisor and upper management and HR did nothing. Employees having sexual interactions in their vehicles during lunch hour. They make promises about a monthly incentive you will receive as well as a retention bonus that is tied to the monthly incentive to be taken away for some made up reason so as to not pay you. Management has no checks and balances in Place to make sure that they’re doing they’re job correctly. There’s lack of communication.
Pros
Healthcare, 1hr lunch, free lunch on Friday, pay
Cons
1 or 2 Night shift, split days every 3rd week, management, lack of communication
not a great place
DOCUMENT PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  norfolkOctober 31, 2018
horrible management especially in the document resources department. the avp was rude and showed favorites. the pay was terrible and we didnt even get a "thank you" for our hard work
Pros
free lunch once a montj
Cons
no option to work from home, management, pay, leave
Productive & Poor Management
Dispute Specialist (Former Employee) –  5425 Robin Hood Rd #100 Norfolk, VaOctober 30, 2018
PRA is great but has its moments. Typical day is pretty easy breezy. Just working on the computer. Day can get boring and you can become restless with the same old task daily. The pay and benefits are really good. Management could really use some leadership skills to help employees succeed. The work culture is diverse due to many different people and the music played on the overhead.
Pros
Lunches, Pay, Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, No Cellphones on floor
Run and run fast
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 28, 2018
This place is an absolute joke. Management constantly stress you out about collecting, there are days where people constantly hang up in your face. It's kind of hard to collect when you get hung up during the mini miranda, but they don't care one bit. As long as you are collecting well, you will not have a worry in the world, but as soon as you start having a bad month watch out it doesn't take much to get fired, and believe you me it does not take long for you to be replaced. That is the reason for all the training classes, it is like revolving doors. QC finds any and every way to take your hard earned money from your ICP bonus. This place sucks!!
Pros
It's a job that's about it.
Cons
Everything else
Productive and professional
Disputes Department Team Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 23, 2018
Great work life balance
Management great to work with
professional environment
Excellent team spirit
great opportunity for professional growth
excellent community outreach opportunities
Did not enjoy
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 22, 2018
This place was good for some but not me. This was a collections job. There was a lot of micro managing going on here. I just was not cut out for this type of job
You collect old debts on accounts
COLLECTIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 22, 2018
You pretty much stay on the phone all day long collecting old debts from people. They make payment arrangements. You have to meet a set goal every month or you lose money, after 3 times of not making goal you get fired.
Pros
They were friendly
Cons
The building was build on Porter Cable’s old toxic waste dump site.
Ever changing work atmosphere
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 20, 2018
This job is not for everyone. You must be able to be professional more than personal. You must be empathetic, shapeable to change, and driven to reach goals.
Location was great. Coworkers was great. I loved talking to customers helping them out of debt
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 17, 2018
Im very pleased to have worked for praying group.. I was very successful there and would suggest this career to anyone with patience, dignity, and love to see people smile at the end of the call.
Pros
Pay & bonuses
Cons
Communication
Horrible place to work
Just another fired worker (Former Employee) –  Richland Hills, TXOctober 17, 2018
The dallas regional office needs alot of discipline. When someone is wrote up or fired HR makes sure to tell everyone why and what happened like its their business. They take plates of food to their computers and eat all day long which is supposed to be prohibited. The managers and team members gossip about everyone and anyone to make someones job a living complete disaster. Reps are smoking substances in the bathrooms and not only reps but managers come in from breaks smelling of marijuana so drug testing doesnt seem to be inforced at all. BEWARE if any of the workers feel threatened by you or think for one second you could do a better job than them they team up on you to get you fired. Reps take pictures and talk on the cellphones on the call floors. Some reps even sleep at their desks and to the managers apparently its not a big deal. Everyone sleeps around with everyone to get advanced in their posistions. People stealing others purses, wallets, phones etc and gets away with it. Some reps even come in so messed up they are nodding on and off at their desk and slurring their words as they speak to customers and get a slap on the wrist and get told to come back the next day but if ur 5 mins late to work for car problems or a family member is sick that you have no control over... You either lose your entire bonus check or better yet lose your job. Theres illegal gambling on football games with money between the reps, managers and other employees. And just to add on this long list of things ive had issues with reguarded this poorly managed site dont ever bring your own food  more... and put it in the fridge because theres a 90% chance someone will steal it and ull be going hungry that day. Managers fridge also. Wouldnt recommend the DRO site to anyone who wants a steady long term job. If your a rep and dont make them money they will fire you with a quickness. But for the ones that do work hard they push them out the door faster than anyone and this is where u get ur issues concerning the poor managment. Good luck if you get a job working here.  less
Pros
1 Hour lunch, Pto
Cons
Managment, pay, hours, staff, not a secure job
Motivated and fun.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 9, 2018
This is the best job I ever had, hands down. If you’re willing to work hard, you can grow with the company. The company cares about the employees, including management.
Great place for earning monthly bonuses
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 8, 2018
PRA is new to Henderson, so the culture that has been established for many years in other places is still being developed in Henderson. If you don't have a background in collection, it can be stressful. The supervisors and management are very supportive and are vested in your success. The pay is very competitive, especially for a Call Center. I think one benefit is direct hire as oppose to 3rd party hire. There is room for upward growth and the bonus structure is complicated but amazing, in other words your earning potentials are limitless. The benefits are great, from vacation time to 401k, and much more.

I'd recommend PRA Group.
Pros
fair income, great benefits and superb upper management
Cons
Stressful environment trying to collected and stay within quota
Terrible work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCOctober 6, 2018
PRA in Burlington, NC is the worst call center to work for, they’re very message and the management is poor they only move up what they want to and the site... it’s a very stressful work environment
Pros
Free lunch at the end of the month and ICP
Cons
Everything else
busy call center work environment
Bill Collector (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXOctober 3, 2018
Typical day at work I took 200 or more calls per day. Inbound and outbound called customers on their bad debt answered questions regarding paying on a debt. And how it would help with their credit.
Pros
fee lunches flexible schedules
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PRA Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at PRA Group.

Powered by Comparably