PRA Group Employee Reviews

stressful
Account Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 19, 2018
my manager was always screaming and that was the hardest part. Due to the fact I enjoy helping people I did not mind being on the phone. You will also have to endure sitting for a long period of time
Pros
free lunch
Cons
strick
Dallas Regional Office
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXSeptember 19, 2018
PRA as a company is great. The Dallas Regional Office in North Richland Hills? Another story. Let’s start with the training. They only train you for regular collections then pick a random amount of representatives to be in the Litigation Department (which is WAY different from regular collection dept). They literally “trained” us 2 days then pretty much sent us out of the floor for failure. Management is terrible. Their attitudes are bad, they talk about you to other reps/management, some come in smelling like marijuana—YES MANAGEMENT, favoritism is a big issue. Managers pick and choose when and who rules apply to. You go to HR with issues you’re having and they do nothing but hand you motivational papers that they found on google pics and tell you to suck it up. From my understanding THERE IS A CAP on your bonuses. They never come out adding up right, they take your bonuses for any and every reason. They promised us raises since the ending of April and received them at the beginning of September. Managers sleep around. It’s a mess! I would definitely do my research before applying to the DRO location.
Pros
Bonuses (If you get to keep them)
Cons
Pay, Management, Atmosphere.
It's a job
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 18, 2018
Each day something new changes. I don't think they really take into fact of all variables for the reps on the floor. They don't fully work with you. It's all money all the time. Its a job but could be terminated for almost any reason. Here today and gone tomorrow. Use to be a fun place now just a lot of stress.
Pros
pay check and bonus
Cons
stressful
Its okay
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 17, 2018
The jb is okay. The only thing good is the hourly pay and the bonuses. but the goals change from time to time which can actually have a negative impact on your bonus. They don't really care for who they hire. The environment isn't very professional.
Family Company, NOT!!!
Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 16, 2018
They train you on policies and as soon as training is over everything you learn you’re told to forget and do what your managers says....and don’t become sick or have a sick child because they don’t tolerate that....only have 2mut a month and 3 up to a month after that they will dismiss you...and The BRO SITE IS ALL CLICKED UP!!! Shows favoritism all the time..
Pros
But they at least feed you at the end of every month!!!
Cons
And the pay is Great
Little value placed on the entry level employees who make the company profitable
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 16, 2018
A typical day at work generally involves a high pressure production environment that is made fun with monetary awards. By the close of my career the commission payout had been cut so drastically and performance goals raised so high that it became nearly impossible to make bonus which resulted in a very tense and uncomfortable work atmosphere.
Pros
Good bonus for several years
Cons
Major cuts to company budget which started with employees salaries
not the best place to work
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXSeptember 12, 2018
although im grateful for the opportunity to have worked at pra there is so much more out there. this company has so much room t grow i think that the management is not the best thing about pra they could definitely use some revision on that part and the place feels like im back in high school to say the least
Pros
free monthly lunches
Cons
managers walk around and yell
Productive workplace with a variety of responsibilities
permanent employee (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CASeptember 8, 2018
A typical day of work consisted of coding incoming and outgoing mail into the CLS computer program and doing tasks like stamping and assembling legal documents while making the correct amount of copies. It was our job as Media Clerks to handle the mail to make sure documents were sent on time to courts, attorneys and debtors. I enjoyed always being on the move and never running out of work to do.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
very small breakroom
An environment for opportunity to grow.
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 7, 2018
My typical day at work is trying to assist customers on their outstanding balance and dealing with irate customers on a daily basis. Assisting manager on team building, organization and personal goals. Inform about state law regulation changes
Pros
Very active in giving back to the community, employees award ceremony, employee appreciation day.
Cons
No consistent. Constant change in schedule, high turnovers and constant change in bonus structure
Stressful work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCSeptember 7, 2018
stressful poor management hardest part is the customer on the phone or getting them on the phone learn something new everyday most enjoyable part of the job is some of the people you work with
Pros
once month free lunches, ICP money
Cons
Poor mangement, stressful work place
Great entry level job.
LEGAL CLERK II (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 6, 2018
This is a great job if you want to make a career in the legal field. My time there was fine. My experience was fairly pleasant but it’s because I had a manager who does not micromanage and is always available when needing help.
Pros
Free end of the month lunch, easy to advance
Cons
No real training, very high turnover
Productive and fun work place
DISPUTES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 6, 2018
My time at PRA I learned a lot about how a call center works and how productive you must be to reach your goal every month.
On a typical day I would average around 100 disputes a day and every month I was always #1 on my team.
The job itself was not hard.
The most enjoyable part of the job was answering the customers dispute accurately.
Don't care for employees personnel life
Dispute Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 5, 2018
This company has made it hard for people to miss work due to personel home life, They have made it to were if you mis more than three days for personel life you will get fired.
Pros
free lunch each month
Cons
their lack of following the policy
Fun, challenging job
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 31, 2018
I like working here! Money is decent and the days pass by quickly! Plenty of room for growth! It’s fast paced but at times there are computer glitches that cause customers to get extremely angry.
Pros
Free lunches, bonuses
Cons
Qc taking your bonus
productive and fun job
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 30, 2018
A typical day was calling customers and attempting to make right party contact and to close the call by setting up an arrangement of settling their debt.
Overall a good place to work.
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXAugust 30, 2018
Nice group of people . Management is very professional. they keep the place going and have fun and creative ideas each month to keep us motivated. The team engage in fun and playful competition to make the work fun.
Pros
bonus check, achievers point, you're treated like family
Cons
You HAVE to work 2 late nights a week and one Saturday a month
It’s been a fun journey, but collecting debts is NOT for me right no.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAAugust 28, 2018
Loved the time spent collecting debts , but unfortunately collecting debts is just not for anymore. I’ve learned a lot along the way although it has been an interesting journey.
Not for everyone
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXAugust 28, 2018
It's like working with toddlers. There is no real structure and employees are not held to PRA standards. The call center is loud and coworkers are unhygienic.
Easy relaxed environment
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 27, 2018
Basically you call people all day to collect debt. The managers at my location were not too familiar with all the companies policies we would learn new things all the time after just being taught one. They don’t feel they should ask for help when they are wrong. They do feed you at the end of the month and do gathers twice a year. The pay is good on top of bonuses and the starter pack they offer to help you learn how to collect more money. They are all about making money if you aren’t collecting enough you are at risk of being fired.
Pros
Benefits, bonuses, pay, attendance policy, trainers, your own desk
Cons
Management, all of their polices aren’t completely cover in training, and their money requirements
fun work place
operations coacj (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 26, 2018
fun work place
friendly, learned how to help people, value my credit, love the company as a whole. cant complain about the job, love the teams and the managers
Pros
friendly
Cons
can get sleepy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PRA Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about