PRA Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great work environment
Litigations Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 18, 2018
PRA is a great company to work for. At this time in my life I am looking for a company and environment that helps me balance work and family and in the collection environment that is usually not very easy.
Productive, Fun, Competitive
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSJuly 16, 2018
I had a call from a customer who was struggling financially because she had so many debts out there to get paid but didn't know how financially to do so. I gave the customer a couple options on how to resolve the debt and she agreed to pay the account off if I gave her a settlement amount. Explained to the customer that I can set her up on a payment plan with a small settlement if she could resolve the account today. Customer agreed to pay the account off with a one time settlement offer. Customer was very happy that I went the extra mile to make sure that I helped her resolve this debt so that it wasn't hanging over her shoulder anymore.
Pros
Food at your desks, breaks
Cons
Short breaks
Overall
Disputes Specialist & Disputes Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  NorfolkJuly 16, 2018
Working in the disputes department was cool but the company is ran by inexperienced women who allow their personal feelings come between work. With getting representatives terminated if you run them incorrectly.
Pros
Monthly lunch. Can advance.
Cons
No one knows what they’re doing or talking about.
Ok company but needs work
Legal II/E-filing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 16, 2018
Company is overall a good place to work if you are new in town or just getting out in the work force but it does need work. Managers are sometimes unapproachable. Staff is untrained. Pay could be better. Location is good. Benefits are ok but high for the amount of money you make.

Comment – July 17, 2018

overtime has been cut until next year...looking for a new job asap!!!

fun workplace
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 8, 2018
company is awesome overall! it was a great experience and an open door to opportunities to grow. I enjoyed the events and everything that came with the company.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
breaks
Great place with great benefits
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 6, 2018
I loved working at Portfolio Recovery Associates. I went from an account executive to account manager within six months. I also love the competitions we used to have for the wonderful benefits their.
Great Place to work
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJune 30, 2018
Always a informative and eager to help others. Promotions and awards are great for a job well done, elite trips to wonderful places for top employees.
Job
Disputes Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 30, 2018
It is a good place to work if you are looking for a challenging fast paced environment. There are different departments throughout the company so your not stuck doing just one particular job or task.
Pros
Monthly lunches and awards fleible scheduling
Cons
short breaks and no actual vaction days just paid time off
It’s productive
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 8, 2018
You’ll be able to growth with that company and learn the skills and what it takes to be a collector . You’ll always be proud with the bonus you’ll make from being the best collector you can .
Pros
Free lunch at the end of the month
Benefits
Productive and unprofessional.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 8, 2018
Working for this company was stressful on phone calls to debtors. It did not show a lot of professionalism in the workplace. Days off was not an advantage.
Pros
Needed employment at the time
Cons
Healthcare and bonus
Media Scanner (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 7, 2018
Good company to work for. I learned a lot. Beautiful coworkers and bosses. Very busy work day always get the job done. enjoyed every work day to the end.
Good job
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJune 4, 2018
I enjoyed my co worker always ready to learn. Great staff! Always room to grow and move with the company! Easy to learn. Very young company room for growth
productive workplace with a gym
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 4, 2018
Productive fun workplace with great opportunities if you're lucky to get one because they hire a lot of outside management that doesn't know anything about how the system works but they know how to collect so I guess that makes up for it.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
The management is horrible
About p.r.a group
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSJune 4, 2018
Pra group I would recommend it to anyone to work their it would change your life and help good with your income this job if you are struggling and just moved into town pra job will have you on your feet in no time
Pros
Awsome work place
Cons
Really don't have anything
Good starter company
Human Resource Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 4, 2018
Great starter company if your getting started in the hr field or call center industry. Opportunities are available and also and excellent incentive plan
Pros
Recognition and bonus
Cons
Management knowledge
A productive place to work
CUSTOMER DISPUTES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 30, 2018
They have great hours great pay and it’s it a great experience the employees welcome u with open arms it a comfortable place to work it not loud it’s enjoyable u will enjoy working around the people u around this job also have fun activity as U work
Summary
Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 27, 2018
I was promoted twice within seven years while working for Portfolio Recovery Associates. Collections was a tough environment, then I made a lateral move to Quality Control and Compliance. This was a good move for me.
fun place to work at!
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TN 38305May 26, 2018
i really enjoyed working at portfolio recovery associates. i came in with a new team and new manager and we manage to achieve our goals daily although it is very competitive and hard work it was well worth it and rewarding
Pros
food vendors and promotions
Cons
short breaks
Pra
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 22, 2018
This job was the perfect job at first . then they start hiring ppl that kept stuff going and it was always drama . i had never worked at a call center before this so the experience was terrible . I recently got fired from there because they fired someone and she waited and hour and a half for me to come outside on break and she atracked me . i got fired for defending myself against an attack when there was no one else to help me or save me from the attack .
the people
collecter (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 21, 2018
I enjoy work because of the people i work with not the job its self. the job needs work on the attendance policy that we have. To show there workers that they care about them.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
policy changes alot