PRA Group Employee Reviews

Call Center
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 16, 2019
PRA is a great company to work for but once your 90 days are up the training wheels are kicked off and all on you at this point , this companyis very money driven, don’t bring in the coins they could care less about you , you basically in a situation where it’s really based off luck majority of your day is spent getting cussed out by customers that don’t want to pay their debt or mangers hounding down on you to get money don’t talk and focus ! If your money is not right than we are not right is their motto ! Be careful what you sign up for because easy money is not always good money
Pros
The pay the free lunch
Cons
The whole job itself employees drama
Cut throat IT department
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 26, 2019
The entire department is a disaster. Lackadaisical staff and incompetent managers. For every one person that actually does something expect 4 managers or more. You will be punished with more work than you can handle if you show you are not lazy/incompetent. Complete lack of compassion for customers and staff alike.

You've been warned.
Pros
Gross turkey sandwich once a month
Cons
Harrassment/rude/lacking of compassion
Company overall
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 28, 2019
PRA is a great company for experience and to get out what you put in. If you are not focused and willing to do the work than you will have a problem. If you cannot stay focused and start off being self motivated, then this may not be for you. Many people have developed careers to financially stablize them to be home owners and send their kids to private schools off their bonus incentives alone, so anything is possible. They are still small in the capacity that changes are constant and can come one day and change again the next. So adaptation is a must. You have to be your own leader no matter where you go. Great place to start and finish a career.
Pros
Bonuses, promotions, co. Events, rewards, benefits, training
Cons
Changes with the economy and nature of the business
These reviews are ALLLL FALSE
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 12, 2018
This used to be a good job. I honestly used to love it! Then they changed everything. The changed how much we receive from commission, what they want us to say on the phone, and even how much we get for raises. They dont pay well for all that we go through and the job is very stressful! PRA wants you to be their minion. You are treated and talked to like children!
Pros
free lunch once a month, 1 hour break, and benefits
Cons
everything else including management
Demanding with many opportunities to make lots of money.
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 26, 2018
Working at Portfolio Recovery Associate allowed to me to "get back on my feet". The pay and raises were very swift. There are a number of ways to make money and bonus there. There are also a number of ways to excel in the company. Though things are constantly changing with this company they try their best to keep all employees informed. Though the attendance policy was a little strict when I first started, over the past 4 years management have revisited the attendance policy to work better for the employees. Overall great company.
Pros
Benifits, Full-Time. Bonus Checks, Free Lunch, Free Gym and trainer.
Cons
Scheduling
This job literally changed my life
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 30, 2018
I love working for PRA, I love being able to give back to our community with all the different fundraisers and charity events. I enjoy being able to help other repair their credit by making it easy for them to do so. This is a very rewarding job, financially, mentally, and emotionally!
Pros
Charity, Helping ppl get debts resolved, Monthly Bonus, Paid Time Off
Dysfunctional Environment
Bankruptcy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 19, 2018
If you work here, be prepared to follow the money by any means necessary. Management closely tracks your productivity to the minute and micromanages your decisions. The job is stressful, and the company culture dysfunctional. Management tends to play favorites and promotes a needlessly competitive environment. If you need legal experience for your resume you will learn a great deal about bankruptcy. However, unless you thrive under pressure and can deftly sidestep office politics, I would make any tenure here a short one.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Micromanagement, Office Politics, Little Independence
Productive and fun place to work. Goal driven and competitive.
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAFebruary 7, 2019
PRA is a great company to work for. They care about their employees and offer good incentives. They offer awesome training classes that help their employees meet and exceed goals even those starting with little to no experience.
Pros
Positive environment, competitive, good benefits, Pto
Cons
No on site cafeteria
The bad outweigh the good.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXDecember 14, 2018
The company as a whole is not bad, the Dallas site needs MAJOR reconstruction! Managers fire you whenever they want. There is no confidentiality in HR. They hire ANYBODY! Too much work restrictions and requirements, not enough pay.
Pros
Bonus opportunity
Cons
Management comes and goes, schedules, having to make up time, not allowed to fall under 40hrs a week
Productive and it’s a great place to learn if it’s your first time working in a Call Center
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXNovember 4, 2018
I’ve had a okay experience working at PRA, This was my first call center job and I must say that I have actually learned a lot working here, there are a couple of things I would change. But for the most part it’s a ok place
Pros
Free, lunch once a month, gym, great benefits, great opportunity if it’s your first call center job
Cons
Clocking out for restroom breaks, nothing is confidential when going to HR
Productive & Poor Management
Dispute Specialist (Former Employee) –  5425 Robin Hood Rd #100 Norfolk, VaOctober 30, 2018
PRA is great but has its moments. Typical day is pretty easy breezy. Just working on the computer. Day can get boring and you can become restless with the same old task daily. The pay and benefits are really good. Management could really use some leadership skills to help employees succeed. The work culture is diverse due to many different people and the music played on the overhead.
Pros
Lunches, Pay, Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, No Cellphones on floor
good place to get you started with admin work
Human Resources Legal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 26, 2019
a typical work day is from 8am-5pm with a 1hr lunch break.
i typical do the same thing every day at work but that can be boring.
i have a great manager which helps.
its a great friendly workplace.
the hardest part of my job is the commute.
the most enjoyable part of my job are my coworkers.
Cons
short breaks
Run and run fast
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 28, 2018
This place is an absolute joke. Management constantly stress you out about collecting, there are days where people constantly hang up in your face. It's kind of hard to collect when you get hung up during the mini miranda, but they don't care one bit. As long as you are collecting well, you will not have a worry in the world, but as soon as you start having a bad month watch out it doesn't take much to get fired, and believe you me it does not take long for you to be replaced. That is the reason for all the training classes, it is like revolving doors. QC finds any and every way to take your hard earned money from your ICP bonus. This place sucks!!
Pros
It's a job that's about it.
Cons
Everything else
Low stress low expectation job
Paralegal/Legal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 7, 2019
Pra group is low stress where you are left alone to do your job. There is no talk of career advancement and no way to measure success. Easy job but paralegals are underpaid commensurate to what work you are expected to do.
Pros
Free lunch once a month, flexible schedule
Cons
No career development
Very solid job
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSNovember 24, 2018
The pay was cut two years ago or i would give them 5 stars
I had extreme reservations about entering this business. First several months were very intimidating. After that it has been smooth sailing. great opportunity to develop or hone your customer service skills. There is allot of room to personally increase your take home pay every minute of every day. How self motivated you are, has a direct correlation to your monthly bonus. I've worked for several different companies in a few fields, and PRA is by far the best at updating procedures and software, that i have worked for. If anything, almost too much. You have to be able to come in every day, ready for the newest updates to almost every aspect of the job
Pros
Low impact on the body, with the ability to make a decent amount of money
Cons
The need to providing excellent service to some extreme personality types/situations
Pra
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXOctober 3, 2018
Cool place to work when are young, and if you are an amazing collector. I learned few new things about people and how to get them to respond in professional manner during the collection process, the hardest part of the job is finding your own talk-off ensuring its golden and with company regulations. I love the team and the energy of the people when had fun it was fun, and we still took care of business.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
You have to collect
Excellence in all areas is expected
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 12, 2018
If you dont do your job perfect you are penalized for every mistake you make from the smallest word that did not collect a dollar. Its all about the money if you dont collect you dont get stay employed there long they will terminate you
Pros
One hour lunch, Benefits
Cons
Harsh job guidelines
Lively Call Center Environment
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 17, 2018
The Operations department is high energy and results driven. There are a lot of opportunities for career growth and a lot of opportunities for bonuses and prizes.
Pros
Free Monthly lunch, 2 gyms, Personal trainer, Cafe, Annual picnic and Gala
Cons
Fluctuating Bonuses, Penalties and Rules
Great place for earning monthly bonuses
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 8, 2018
PRA is new to Henderson, so the culture that has been established for many years in other places is still being developed in Henderson. If you don't have a background in collection, it can be stressful. The supervisors and management are very supportive and are vested in your success. The pay is very competitive, especially for a Call Center. I think one benefit is direct hire as oppose to 3rd party hire. There is room for upward growth and the bonus structure is complicated but amazing, in other words your earning potentials are limitless. The benefits are great, from vacation time to 401k, and much more.

I'd recommend PRA Group.
Pros
fair income, great benefits and superb upper management
Cons
Stressful environment trying to collected and stay within quota
Productive and fun place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSDecember 3, 2018
At PRA you will be part of a team that is there to hold you achieve your goals. There are always fun contests and way to get you motivated. The upper management is knowledgeable and will not let you fail.
Pros
monthly free lunch and lots of contests
Cons
most benefits do not begin til after a yr of employment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PRA Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at PRA Group.

Powered by Comparably