PRA Health Sciences
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100

PRA Health Sciences Employee Reviews

United States404 reviews

crocrasclinicalstudybalancetrialsponsorscience

Great training, laser focus on process

It’s a great place to learn how things should be done. However the laser focus on process kills innovation in this ever evolving field. Advice to leadership

Going Downhill

This used to be a good company to work for . Everything is going downhill. Turn over is worse than ever and support from management and HR is lacking. They are not loyal to their employees . The only thing they have are employees that care about each other . The work environment has become toxic . Most people are not satisfied and are looking for other work.

PRA Health Sciences insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

A great company to work with

I enjoyed working at PRA. The managers are helpful and have good work ethics. Although I disagree with the opinion of the HR policies for job termination, I respect the decision and appreciate the help and assistance of the immediate supervisors. I would recommend my friends to work with PRA to enhance their knowledge and professional carrier goals since the zero-tolerance policy related to work ethics and keeping up with the current industry rules and guidelines along with subject knowledge puts the employees among the high performers' list.

Amazing workplace, little growth.

Working at PRA was fun! You meet a lot of great people and you get a lot of downtime. This is an amazing job if you're in school. It's very repetitive work. You always get stuck with extra work when people call in. Which kind of leads to no break.

Nice place to work

Pros: I work exclusively with the client which is a big pharma company so no interaction with icon colleagues .Cons: too new to tell but in overall I can say that work environment is not bad.

Good role shame about the benefits

Given the new acquisition I was expecting big developments in terms of benefits, but so far they have kept pretty standard similar to other CRO's. It would be nice to have time off during the holidays and to have bonuses given how busy the workload like so many pharmaceutical companies.

Tedious but Worth it

The day to day tasks are tedious. You’re not going to be challenged. Time management is key. They’re trying to be inclusive I guess but it’s performative

Work life balance is why I stayed

Work life balance and the autonomy I was given kept me there for so long. Unfortunately, in my position there wasn't anymore room to grow financially. Great place to start your career.

Pros

Wk/life balance, 5 weeks vacation/PTO + holidays

Cons

Limited growth financially. Always “budget issues”

Pretty good work/life balance

Overall good place to work, but probably depends also on the team and direct management. Benefits could be little bit better, no vacation/sick days - all in PTO bucket without rollover (this depends on state as well). HDV decent. There was ESP plan, but after being acquired by ICON, not anymore. 401K match decent. Worked previously at the place with much better benefits, so I could be spoiled.

Pros

Supportive management (depends on department), life/work balance

Cons

PTO (4 weeks all in one bucket)

Insufficient Training

Training is insufficient. Reading work instructions and SOP's for three weeks does not prepare you for the work you'll actually be doing. Not bad for people who don't require directions and aren't afraid to tackle tasks when it isn't clear exactly what you're supposed to be doing.

Pros

Decent pay for the job

Cons

Training

Lied about DoS, pay is low, and turnover is at an 11.

Got hired under the agreement of 8 days on site. 10 months in they're telling me I need at least 12 now. 8 was already on the higher side of competitors, and 12 is just absurd. My MCO couldn't care less, and complains about other CRAs.Don't know if the turnover is due to things like the DoS, or if the DoS is because of the turnover, but either way when your competitors are offering 30% increased salaries, less DoS... people are going to leave. Turnover seems to extend to CTMs as well.Training was poor, and they're in a hurry to shove everyone out the door, prepared or otherwise. Meeting these CRAs out of bridge, I feel so bad for them, they are so unprepared. MCOs are constantly whining about spending any money to train CRAs.

Pros

Job security, can't fire anyone because everyone is quitting.

Cons

Workload and pay couldn't be any more mismatched. Offer I just accepted was 25k higher, less DoS, additonal week of PTO, and a sign on bonus that was twice the retention bonus they were offering.

Great place except for HR leadership

Most of the people I worked with were positive and upbeat and hard workers and knew their practice well. I would work with the majority of the staff again.

Pros

Cons

Shrill Tina, Mensa Blackheart, Spam

Good enough

I was lucky and worked under one of the best bosses and managers I have ever had not only in the whole company but also in my adult life. They make it possible to train and gain skills that you can move up. The quickest way to move up in the company is to have a family member in management , family first is pretty much the motto in management when hiring leaders

Pros

I got paid

Cons

They cut my hourly pay when I went full time hours

The only thing keeping me here are my co-workers

Colleagues at my level are very dedicated to top quality work. They have high standards and are supportive of each other. The culture feels very inclusive.

Good work life balance

Too many employees to know if there is truly a path forward for growing. But lots of clients and a good work life balance Lots of training provides, perhaps too much.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Ultra large company

Great company

Great company, great resources, benefits, PTOCulture is good. Flexibility, no micromanaging Great people to work with. Long term employees, growth

Pros

Updated offices, Pto, benefits

Poorly Paid

The pay at PRA Heath Sciences is horrible. This needs to be addressed or everyone will leave the company. People who suck up to the manager gets the promotion leaving hardworking employees behind

Pros

Nothing I can think of

Cons

Pay, Advancement

The management team is very supportive and concern with your success.

In my opinion, PRA has the right elements which gives each employees the feeling that they are an extension of their family feel. In today's society, many employees are not looking for money, titles but want the experience of job security, transparency, and that feeling of them embracing a family experience company sense which gains true loyalty from all employees making them all roll up a sleeve individuals to move the company's mission forward. I am not sure with recent merge if this CRO who worked hard to establish this within their mission will still posses this as it is different from ICON's mission. PRA has a great workplace culture.

Pros

Cons

Uncertainty of outcome from recent merger with ICON

Stressful workplace with no opportunity for advancement

Corporate reorganization is a constant. Pay is lower than standard. Advancement is nearly impossible. There is lack of support from management and technical systems required for job tasks.

Pros

hybrid work from home allowed

Cons

Job insecurity due to acquisition in progress.

Amazing work environment

Very supportive work culture with kind employees that will always thank you and recognize you for a job well done. Many other companies offer bonuses but PRA does not. Other than that, benefits are great, work culture is wonderful, and I enjoy working here.

Pros

Positive environment

Cons

No bonus

Great company to work

PRA is great in every aspect an department. My recruitment team and manager is also great. Culture, work balance and communicacion really go. I recommend it.

Pros

Awesome company

Cons

Sometimes some decisions from NA are not quick

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PRA Health Sciences. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

83%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss