PRA Health Sciences Employee Reviews

Very busy environment
CRA (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 17, 2018
This is a fast paced place to work. I had a great manager who was replaced shortly after I arrived. The next manager I had was stretched so thin that there was little time to meet.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Too much travel on weekends
Decent place to work but little to no mobility/investment in people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAAugust 7, 2018
Moderate stress environment, day-to-day workload is reasonable. Some opportunities for working remotely.

Very little interest from owners (private equity) and upper management in developing or retaining employees, as company's dominant concern seems to be reducing costs and minimizing overhead. Very high turnover due to above. In my group, the average tenure is about 18 months as there are many better options in the region.

An OK place to spend a few years during a volatile employment market, but a poor choice as a long-term option.
Pros
Telecommuting, not overly stressful day-to-day
Cons
Total lack of interest in employee retention/development
Not recommended. Very bad working culture
Associate Director, NA Biostatistics (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 2, 2018
Very bad working culture. They fire people left and right Or people resigned every now and then. They do not even spare person working there for more than 27 years.
Excellent company
Sr. Clinical Research Associate (Home-based) (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PA (Home-based)August 2, 2018
Line managers and project managers were excellent. Very few meetings. Being home-based was enjoyable. Travel was reasonable. One sponsor micro-managed which made the latter part of my employment at PRA more stressful. This was the main reason why I resigned from PRA.
Pros
Excellent line and project managers.
Cons
Micro-managing sponsor
Worst employer of my entire career
Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 31, 2018
Corporate culture is competitive, gossipy, insufficient number of employees to provide adequate oversight of assigned duties and responsibilities; inexperienced staff;
Pros
remote, home based
Cons
inexperienced, untrained management
Travel/Monitoring 3-4 days per week
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 26, 2018
Typical day at work is on-site monitoring. I am usually in my home office on Fridays for meetings and time spent writing my reports. I do work some weekends but am seeking more of a work/life balance. I am required to have 8-10 days on-site per month. The hardest part of the job is the workload across 5 protocols and 15 sites. The most enjoyable part of the job is the automony.
Would Recomment
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spring House, PAJuly 25, 2018
Very flexible work from home. Enjoyed client and staff at both companies. Interested in working with PRA Health Sciences again in the near future. Hope to be able to.
Pros
Good company.
Cons
No career path.
Wonderful Place to work
Lab Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 19, 2018
I was a contract employee and feel it was the best CRO of the two I have worked for. Flexible schedule, great benefits, and many chances for advancement through cross-training, etc. Could be hectic at times.
Associate Director - Global Performance (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2018
culture and environment are great and allow for many growth opportunities. Opportunities to switch between assignments can be difficult but not impossible.
Flexible hours, remote working options, minimal advancement
In-House CRA II- Study Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJuly 6, 2018
PRA offers flexible work schedules, and also work from home. The working environment is also a plus; however, there is little to no room for career advancement when locked into a contractor position with a sponsor.

Want to know more about PRA Health Sciences?

Ask a question
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 3, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working for PRA. It is a global company with a lot of learning opportunities. Good leadership and solid values. The best part of PRA is the team.
Family work environment
Clinical Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 1, 2018
The people are the best part of the job. The workplace culture is great, but it is also very political. If you aren't in the special inner circle, you don't get promoted or even really listened to,
Productive and Fun Workplace
Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 30, 2018
The company provides good resources for personal development.They take the suggestions of their employees into consideration and aim for a positive politics free work environment.
Pros
Good perks
Cons
Healthcare
Used to be great, now not so much
CLINICAL TEAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 20, 2018
I've worked at PRA for almost 10 years. Over the last year and a half, the workplace culture has plummeted - they no longer care about empowering employees (but they love to throw that word around like it means anything), but care solely about metrics and corporate goals. There is no balance between the two, and the level of top down micromanagement has made this a defeating place to work. Management is cornered into how they manage and support their employees to strictly support corporate goals, and no one benefits.

If you are looking for just a well paying job, and not looking for a supportive workplace culture, this is the place for you. PRA has some benefits such as great PTO and moderate work-life balance, but the bigger picture is suffering.
Pros
Good benefits and PTO, lots of resources and tools
Cons
Top-down micromanagement, poor workplace culture, lack of empowerment of employees
Lack of respectful management
Clinical Operations Manager-Finance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2018
Work life balance and always busy are the pros.
The cons are: Poor management direction, lack of communication and training, databases that don’t accurately report the information and affects your metrics.
PRA Review
Clinical Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 8, 2018
PRA was an average company to work for. Nothing really stands out great or bad. I learned more day to day parts of management. Culture was ok. Met some good people.
Productive and fun place to work
Home Based Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2018
Excellent place to work and Advance your career, metric driven, fast pace, data management, different clinical protocols, traveling regionally or nationally.
Pros
Communication
Cons
deadlines
Lab was filled with drama, due to manager in the lab
Lab Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 29, 2018
I learned a lot about working in a lab, but the manager made promises that should could not follow through with. She talked about her employees to other employees, and had she not been the manager, I would have stayed there for a very long time.
Great People who work there.
TMF Coordinator 1 (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 21, 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with,some really good people who just make it easy to work with. I think the hardest part of the job was the constant changing of our processes. I know things change and we should change with it, but things changed every month just about. Makes it hard to do your job. Management in my department was very poor 2 rating was being generous, the always changing things and not wanting to listen to their employees made it very difficult.
Pros
Pay was good and co workers were great.
Cons
Management and micro managing
Overall need to improve on managment certain department
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 20, 2018
The most enjoyable were the benefits & Friday free breakfast. Going into new direction in the workforce. The hardest part was to obatained metric goals managment required. They set a goals that was'nt base on work load. They were more instrested in metric not quality of the work .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PRA Health Sciences. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight