PRA Health Sciences
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100

PRA Health Sciences Employee Reviews for Clinical Research Associate

Clinical Research Associate70 reviews

crocrasclinicalstudybalancetrialsponsorscience

The only thing keeping me here are my co-workers

Colleagues at my level are very dedicated to top quality work. They have high standards and are supportive of each other. The culture feels very inclusive.

A great company to work with

I enjoyed working at PRA. The managers are helpful and have good work ethics. Although I disagree with the opinion of the HR policies for job termination, I respect the decision and appreciate the help and assistance of the immediate supervisors. I would recommend my friends to work with PRA to enhance their knowledge and professional carrier goals since the zero-tolerance policy related to work ethics and keeping up with the current industry rules and guidelines along with subject knowledge puts the employees among the high performers' list.

PRA Health Sciences insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

Lied about DoS, pay is low, and turnover is at an 11.

Got hired under the agreement of 8 days on site. 10 months in they're telling me I need at least 12 now. 8 was already on the higher side of competitors, and 12 is just absurd. My MCO couldn't care less, and complains about other CRAs.Don't know if the turnover is due to things like the DoS, or if the DoS is because of the turnover, but either way when your competitors are offering 30% increased salaries, less DoS... people are going to leave. Turnover seems to extend to CTMs as well.Training was poor, and they're in a hurry to shove everyone out the door, prepared or otherwise. Meeting these CRAs out of bridge, I feel so bad for them, they are so unprepared. MCOs are constantly whining about spending any money to train CRAs.

Pros

Job security, can't fire anyone because everyone is quitting.

Cons

Workload and pay couldn't be any more mismatched. Offer I just accepted was 25k higher, less DoS, additonal week of PTO, and a sign on bonus that was twice the retention bonus they were offering.

Amazing work environment

Very supportive work culture with kind employees that will always thank you and recognize you for a job well done. Many other companies offer bonuses but PRA does not. Other than that, benefits are great, work culture is wonderful, and I enjoy working here.

Pros

Positive environment

Cons

No bonus

Management is very supportive. Task assignment should be re evaluated and monitoring metric is unrealistic. No bonus outside of regular annual salary.

Led to Bayer placement

Overall good management. Most people there were happy and approachable. My PRA job led to placement at Bayer. Paid decent. Corporate card. Okay benefits.

Excellent company to work for.

Excellent company to work for with great managers. Provided excellent training for job skills required. They made sure that I got my preferred assignments to sites I was responsible for

Go for it

Work for a cause Happy people Great benefits Great protocols Great travel Great advancement Great place to work Large bonuses Good food Happy people Local travel most the time

Travel was almost 100% which did not give time to complete required reports or other duties

There was not enough work life balance depending on the study you were assigned. The education offered was excellent. I did enjoy my employment at PRA and would probably would still there if not for the amount of travel.

PRA Health Sciences is a diverse company offering therapeutic alignment.

PRA Health Sciences is a diverse company offering therapeutic alignment. I loved working for PRA Health Sciences. I would recommend this company to anyone who is job searching.

Good company to work for

The company was all in all a good company to work for. I ran into some health problems for the last 3 months I worked there making it difficult to complete tasks in a timely manner. All in all it was a good company. I worked there twice

overall a good company to work for

multiple line managers in five years. Some with little experience. Company has an embedded CRA assignment program that keeps you assigned to one pharma company. This is a great approach as long as PRA keeps the CRO contract with the Client. However, if the contract is lost you are reassigned to another Client (hopefully).

Pros

They do try to keep you within three contigous states of home for travel.

Cons

line managers

Good Place to build career as they have a great training system

It will be a great place to work for those who care less about work-life balance. The people here are great and make a good team. PRA is a great place to prepare you beyond CRA.

Perfect place for growing

I really enjoyed working at PRA. As a home-based CRA I had really good life-work balance and professional management experience. I was fully assigned to a client but always had support from PRA team if needed.

Average work environment

Divided into different branches in clinical operations department where I work at. Recently going through lots of changes and restructuring which can be challenging for some employee's work-life balance.

Remote Employment

Remote employment a positive. Salary and benefits were adequate, but very little increase in salary. Line management was inadequate. Technology was state of the art.

A lot of work

There was a lot of work for 1 person to handle. However, this company helped me with a different type of organization style. I did like the personal time off benefit, however working from home on occasion would have been a lot more appealing.

Senior CRA at PRA

PRA was one of the worst jobs I've ever had in my 20+ years of working in Clinical Research. I was assigned to 5 studies which is way too much and i would have been working an 80 hour week every week. Also had terrible managers who were micromanagers--consistently were condescending and disrespectful to me on a daily basis. Low starting pay and no sign on bonus was offered.

Good company

Good company with great training. Must be comfortable traveling and working autonomously. Pay and benefits is good. Management can be hard on you when deadlines are near

Don't work for PRA

This company doesn't promote minorities. Management does not support the employees. This company does not care about the employees or their reputation.

Motivating and with good upper management communication

A nice place to work at, with a motivational approach and good for career development. Work loads can be a bit complicated but there is support when required.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PRA Health Sciences. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at PRA Health Sciences.
Powered byComparably

Compare PRA Health Sciences with

Career recommendations for Clinical Research Associate

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Popular locations for Clinical Research Associate in US

Explore similar careers
  • PRA Health Sciences
  • Clinical Research Associate
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?