PracticeMax Employee Reviews

Seasoned leadership, strong growth potential, employees learn cutting edge/best practices
Chief Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 18, 2018
PracticeMax is one of the largest privately-held healthcare revenue cycle and practice management companies in the country with a very aggressive and successful growth strategy. While I was employed, the company acquired and successfully integrated four billing companies and one technology firm.

PracticeMax utilizes proprietary data analytics and dynamic reporting to analyze key metrics, identify trends, and enhance physician practice performance. The platform includes a robust denial monitoring feature that analyzes denials by payer, denial reasons, number of denied claims and percentage of total claims.

Its leadership consists of a seasoned group of industry experts that collaboratively work with employees to ensure customers receive seamless turn-key practice management services.

Employees are valued, well-trained, and mentored with best industry practices. There is considerable opportunity for career growth for dedicated employees that demonstrate a solid work ethic, including advancement into senior positions.

I have learned a great deal while working at this company, and have leveraged the lessons learned to advance my career outside the company.

I strongly recommend PracticeMax for hard working individuals that are looking to learn best practices, advance their career, and increase their marketability within the industry.
Good Company
Auditor (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 9, 2018
Good Company to work for. Worked remotely with flexible schedule. Great benefits offered. Management was good. Communication could be improved among management and supervisors. Was given laid off notice without warning due to organizational restructure and position was eliminated. Did not offer any position within company to replace eliminated one.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
laid off without notice
CEO knows little on how to treat employees or clients. Terrible health insurance.
Medical biller (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 5, 2018
CEO does not care about employees or clients. Only cares about bottom dollar. Outsourcing to Philippines and India.
Terrible place to work. Would not recommend this company.
Pros
Cons
Terrible benefits
Don't waste your time
Accounts Receivable Representative (Current Employee) –  Brewster, NYJuly 3, 2018
When the Brewster, NY office of MMCOA merged into Practicemax it seemed like a great fit but within months it started going down hill, more like running down hill. We were told on multiple occasions that our jobs weren't being replaced just that they need people & couldn't find any locally. Only a few months after that did people start to get "laid off for restructuring of the company." They implement changes with no notice & you're just expected to make it work. They are no longer a client-based company. That's the saddest part of it all. In summary, don't apply.
Pros
the nice people i met
Cons
everything
steady job with no room for advancement
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 1, 2018
As long as you are productive you will have a job, however you will more than likely never get a promotion. This is a smaller office with little room to grow.
Excellent team environment
Full Time Coding Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 17, 2018
I gave two stars to job security/advancement. I received a phone call Thursday that my position was eliminated in the organizational restructuring (outsourced positions to overseas company) and my last day was next day after the call. No warning. No heads up that there was major changes undergoing in our company.

Otherwise, this has been a great company to work for. Great benefit packages. Managers are friendly and very knowledgable in their positions but can go incommunicado for days so you were pretty much on your own in your responsibilities and duties.
Pros
benefits package, incentives, knowledgable staff
Cons
pink slip without warning
Bad place to work
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 15, 2018
Upper management lies constantly to their employees. Would not recommend this as a place to work ever. Send jobs overseas to call centers that know nothing about the business and do not advise clients of what they are doing.
Pros
Cons
Really bad run business. Owners do not know the business and lie.
I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone! Including clients and employees
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 11, 2018
This company treats employees horribly, they don’t care about the clients either. There is no room for growth and advancement within this company. Upper management has no clue on how to actually manage employees. Employee are constantly leaving because they’re unhappy. Very low morale within the company. Very disorganized and unprofessional company to work for. They lied and told employees that their jobs were secure and then laid off half of the people left in the office
Pros
My coworkers were very nice
Lesson Learned
Administrator (Former Employee) –  AZFebruary 16, 2018
Just not a good work environment. This is a privately held company and the leadership team has very little say in how it is run. The CEO runs this company with an iron fist and makes every decision for better or worse. This is his prerogative but the results are often unfortunate for many of the people that work for him. As a result, there is a very high turn over of talented people who are attracted by fair wages but are stymied by the autocratic nature of the organization and leave.

Additionally, most of the jobs including IT, Accounting, HR and much more are being outsourced. The labor force here in the US is being eliminated and soon only a skeleton crew will be left to promote and run the company. Not important to everyone, some jobs will be safe, but I think this is unfortunate. Ultimately, to be fair, some people do have success here, but I would say before going to work here explore your options and make sure you know what you are getting yourself into.
Pros
Good Pay, Opportunity to grow if you can tolerate the culture
Cons
Culture of the Organization, Outsourcing of Jobs
Management simply does not care
Director Healthcare Consulting (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 12, 2017
In my experience at PMax, management was under the assumption that employees should be pleased to see the company succeed and that is all the motivation needed. NO commissions, incentives or bonuses of any kind are easily earned here.

Managers don't provide recognition, don't offer appreciation and routinely present their staffs' work as their own. They think it is the job of the staff to make the managers look good, with no recognition of staff contributions.

Getting a standard COLA at this company is like pulling teeth, Arduous. Contentious.
Pros
clueless management
Cons
clueless management
Hard work, dedication, and initiative is rewarded. Not for the lazy or entitled
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 2, 2017
PracticeMax's culture seems to be one of constant evolution towards finding the best way to serve their clients. There is always something new on the horizon which creates a continuous challenge, but also keeps the door open for growth opportunity for an employee willing to walk through.

Management keeps an open door policy. I can always walk into the boss's office with questions as needed and get what I need to move forward. Also, I have been pleasantly surprised with the openness of upper level management in the other offices to answer questions and /or provide education as needed.

A typical day at work is that there really isn't a typical day at work. The day passes before I know it. It Is very fast-paced. The hardest part of the job seems to be finding enough time to accomplish what we set out to do as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is the constant challenge to improve, combined with the ability to work with a team that shares the same goals.
Pros
constant learning, skill set development, strong support structure, challenging, promotion opportunities
Cons
benefits need improving
Profit reigns supreme
Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 31, 2017
While I initially enjoyed my time working with this company, my total view has soured over the course of my employment.

I have found that the VP's and CEO do not care or respect the ideas of the directors/managers and other staff. For our CEO, their profit reigns supreme.
Horrible
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 5, 2017
High turnover. Do not work here. Unprofessional yelling and blaming. Everyone is afraid. I should have read reviews before applied. Working here is a horrible
Pros
N/a
Cons
Difficult to succeed here. High turnover.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 4, 2017
Fast-paced, lots to learn, but never enough time to meet deadlines. Management takes most the credit for successes, but rarely any blame for passing the buck.
Pros
Opportunities to grow the hard way
Cons
No matching 401K, high health insurance, and not many days off
Unhappy
Assistant Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Brewster, NYMay 26, 2017
I don't have much to say about this company. Too many things have changed and not in a good way. I am once again facing possible loss of my job to outsourcing. When I first started here this company was Medical Management Association of America, and was soon acquired by Practiemax and things have never been the same.
Overall enjoyable experience
Healthcare Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 21, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working at PracticeMax and had a wonderful supervisor. He afforded me many opportunities to learn new skills and challenged me regularly. I was able to travel and work many diverse clients.
Pros
Great supervisor
Recent changes have made this place awesome!
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2016
I've read the past reviews and decided to come and work here anyway. I couldn't have made a better decision! There used to be some really negative people here (in management and not) and at first it brought everyone down and created a bad environment. Now it's been a few months and the haters have left - it's like a weight has been lifted and people are really happy now - me included. It's a nice place to work with nice people and opportunities to learn and advance into new jobs.
Pros
Opportunity to learn new things, advancement
Cons
None yet - I like it here!
Fun Team, but Lousy Compensation
A/R Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85008June 28, 2016
I have worked here for 4 years. The compensation sucks and the CEO doesn't appreciate any of his line level employees. You'll never get bonuses and you'll be lucky to get a .25 raise every year. Our benefits are ridiculously expensive and it doesn't get better even with more acquisitions. They are constantly piling more work but never any appreciation or more money. The only plus is the fun team I work with. Otherwise, this job sucks.
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 3, 2016
PracticeMax is a fun, comfortable, & productive place to work. Management is great and co workers are easy and nice to work with. They are always willing to help each other if needed.
Pros
Company lunches, thanksgiving, free lunches.
Cons
short breaks, not paid enough.
Not a good place to work for - it will drain all your energy
PracticeMax Employee never again (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LA 71105April 11, 2016
There is no employee morale and if one tries to give it, they are shut down immediately and called out and demoralized in front of their team. I have never experienced such horrible management skills among many of the managers. The way the management talks to the employees through email and face to face is humiliating and treats each individual as if they are in elementary or middle school. The employees are not treated like adults. This is probably because they pass out upper level titles like it is a candy store to individuals without any management skills under their belts.
There is not a single person that knows everyone's name in the call center which houses less than 60 employees, because they are not allowed to have any social activity. (outside the monthly birthdays, Thanksgiving and Christmas Pot Luck) God forbid if one suggest anything special for this place, and hope your not fired for doing so.
Pros
They celebrate monthly birthdays
Cons
Dont apply there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PracticeMax. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight