Pragmatics Employee Reviews

Good Company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 23, 2018
Good company with caring managers
The government contracting jobs have limited life span and ou should be ready to change if there are no other contracts that needs your skills.
Contract work
Junior Java Development Contractor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 4, 2018
Typical consulting company - once a contract ends, your job ends.
Pay is low, there is no commitment to career development beyond access to Skillpoint (which is a good resource).
Great Company to work for
Software Quality Assurance Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa FLJune 19, 2018
Great people, good company, excellent opportunity, love that they invest in their people and create a friendly corporate culture. Management is great and I love that nobody is micromanaging you.
An average contracting agent
Web-Based Application IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 22, 2018
Work place culture diverse. Pragmatic Management allowed an employee to have his own subcontract with the employees working under him. This caused a conflict of interest and unfair decisions. The employee would show favoritism to his employees. In spite of the favoritism the team did what was needed to complete the task at hand.
always interesting
Customer Technical Support Rep/SDA (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDMay 4, 2018
Great place to work, and get experience. Always able to get experience in all sorts of troubleshooting and technology issues, along with the customer service experience.
Good Company
Senior Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 19, 2018
Worked there 20 years ago, it might have changed. It has grown a great deal in that time. Always had good employees to work with and fun projects. Good workplace culture.
Its a Job
Architect (Current Employee) –  Northern VirginiaSeptember 24, 2017
If you are seeking a job its ok. However, if you seek a career look elsewhere. Company is headed in the wrong direction and it starts with management. People quitting every week.
Supporting 250 Servers and 400 Databases.
SQL DBA (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 13, 2014
Check up on servers on a day to day basis.
Checking logs and keeping tabs on the SQL Server Agents.
Check my most important mission critical servers daily and then 'cycle' through semi-daily or weekly reviews of non-essential servers based on priority

Testing and Validating Backups AND the Ability to Restore Them

Performance Analysis and Tuning

Coordinating Data Pushes and Changes

Code Reviews and Interactions with Developers

Self-Improvement
OK, but won't promote within. Or reward for career achievments
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  reston, vaOctober 22, 2013
I appeciate the company for selecting me as an employee. After a few years of working with them, and accomplishing several career goals during the time there, the company was not willing to promote within. Instead, the company traded myself along with other employees to another company where the treatment is no better and in some aspects worse than this one. The remaining employees are still asking for competitive wages or a promotion within, and the company won't budge. Not sure why, when the work being done is rewarded often by the customers being served. I do like that the company participates to help those that are in need and less fortunate.
Very poor management. Benefits leave a lot to be desired
Principal Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 11, 2013
Business development is very limited. Benefits are poor. Starting salaries are acceptable, high employee contribution to medical. 6 year vesting in 401k, with employer match announced once a year. Bonus's require 1 year tenure from date of last award. Very poor technical support.

would never work here again.
Cons
benefits, management, business development, company direction

Want to know more about Pragmatics?

Ask a question
Hiring of junior staff and billing them as seniors to customers, to increase profit margins.
Enterprise Security (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJanuary 2, 2014
Willing to hire junior analysts, bill them as senior analysts and let them go when they can't do the work.
Pros
Worked at customer's site, Customer holiday's meant we were off and paid for days the company didn't consider holidays
Cons
Offers competitive benefits and flexible work schedule.
Security Specialist, Senior Principal (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 21, 2013
Pragmatics is a company that is on the move and diversifies into many areas of expertise. It is a family oriented company that helps its employees grow and improve their skills in their chosen area of concern.
Pros
family oriented and flexible hours.
Cons
management could be more involved in supporting employees working at offsite locations.
Professional, fast-paced environment
Program Management Office Support/Exec Asst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 17, 2014
From the very first day, I was able to strengthen my multi-tasking skills in this fast-paced environment. There was always something new to learn while the deadlines for contractual deliverables were rapidly approaching. However, my excellent organization skills turned this coul-be-stressful position into a pleasant one.

I enjoy working with such a professional team of people. Skillfull and willing to cooperate in getting things done.

As a government contractor, being the liason between the corporate office and the government agency gives me great exposure to work together with high-level executives both in the contractor and government side. It gives me more responsibilities and challenges that I enjoy and learn from.
Very Professional Company
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 6, 2017
Established excellent working relationship with this company as a contractor. Worked from home. Conducted research and acted as sponsor at meetings. Would work with them again!
Pros
Swift hiring process, paid as negotiated
Happy to help Pragmatics develop its Proposal Development Center
Director of Proposal Development Center (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 12, 2015
In a relatively short period of time, I developed the Proposal Development Center. I hired several junior grade professionals and taught each individual how capture management and proposal management works.
Good
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tampa FloridaDecember 22, 2014
it's a good company. I really enjoy working here. I love the area and the job location is great. The management and people are friendly and make it great to come to work everyday. I have learned a lot about system engineering and system admin since I have come on board from the senior leadership.
Excellent Work/Life Balance
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 26, 2016
Pragmatics is an excellent company to work for. The benefits are above average, including an excellent 401k program with matching every quarter. The work/life balance is also better than most companies and you receive plenty of PTO and holidays.
Good Strong company
desktop support (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 10, 2016
The people I work with are like family, some of the most fun times I have had was working with my co-workers getting the job done. The hardest part of the job was all of the policy changes that would happen rapidly. over all a good supportive company.
Client client client
Software Engineer Associate Principal (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 13, 2017
It is hard for me to review Pragmatics because I spent all my time working at the client site. based on that I think it just depends on the client culture.
Caring and professional community.
Security Engineer (IA Analyst) (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILMay 23, 2013
As a contractor working for Pragmatics at Scott AFB, our team was very close knit, proud of what we accomplished and motivated to do more!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pragmatics. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about