Prairie Band Casino & Resort Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mayetta, KSNovember 15, 2017
Working with guests was exciting. Benefits were fair and the 401k was great. Created work schedules for security officers and also conducted interviews.
Pros
Reseasonable lunch cost
Cons
No holiday pay
Food server
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Mayetta, KSSeptember 29, 2017
Great guests in a friendly manner. Up-sale food. Provide excellent customer service. Ring food in in timely manner. Bring food out in a timely manner. Get check cashed out in a timely manner. Fast paced during summer and slow during the winter. Great coworkers!
Pros
Employee discount on food.
Cons
Poor management.
Great place to work at.
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  12305 150th rd mayetta,ks 66509September 21, 2017
I loved my job great benefits,great working environment.I worked the graveyard shift,so I'd rarely cleaned rooms,unless there were early outs and they really needed the room,other then that,i would deliver newspapers to all the rooms,answer calls from the front desk,pertaining to the guest,take amenities,like towels,soda etc to the room that's asking for it.more room attendant than housekeeping.
Pros
Bonus at the end of the year
Cons
No free lunches
Best Place to Work!
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Mayetta, KSSeptember 1, 2017
I worked for Prairie Band for 15 years. The management is great and coworkers were the best! For being a Casino in the middle of a field it is a beautiful resort property with an awesome golf course.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mayetta, KSJune 26, 2017
This place has a great enviorment to work, the people are great, it is and easy going job as long as you are a competent worker and do your job, the managment is great.
Pros
cheap cafeteria, the people
Cons
distance
Exciting and fun workplace
Busser (Former Employee) –  Mayetta, KSMay 3, 2017
Work environment was busy but the staff always kept it professional and fun! The most enjoyable part of my job was probably when the buffet would close. The way we all cleaned and moped everything was peaceful.
Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Mayetta, KSJanuary 30, 2017
A great placed to be, a different culture being a Tribal Casino, different policies and state laws. I was also responsible for the ball room which would be for weddings, meetings boat shows etc. All of the set up and preparation including meals, decorations etc. Was a great and rewarding experience.
Pros
Employees were allowed to gamble
Cons
No time for breaks during busy times
run survailence of customers and employees
Surveillance Officer (Former Employee) –  Mayetta, KSDecember 19, 2016
very enjoyable and interesting job. Good supervisors
check equipment and do daily assignments. Training on the varies casino games. Co-workers will to help if you had questions. Hardest part was following radio traffic. Most enjoyable was the investigation and determining if any improper activity occurred
Cons
none except for the amount of pay
casino
Casino Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mayetta, KSDecember 18, 2016
working at a casino is rough hours and days you are worked if you have a family or any other responsibilities. when starting here you will most likely work swing or grave and will always work weekends and major holidays such as Christmas, new years, etc..
eh
Casino Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mayetta, KSNovember 9, 2016
If you have a family, this is not the best place to work for. The casino pretty much owns you. It is a fun place to work at though. Its always a party every busy day.

Want to know more about Prairie Band Casino & Resort?

Ask a question
Great Company to work for.
Information Technology Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Mayetta, KSMarch 28, 2016
I really love working here and would love to stay but would like to move near family if possible. The management is great and dedicated to their employees and guests.
Very Fun working with customers
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Mayetta, KS 66509March 2, 2016
A typical day was preping for upcoming events and dinnners for big partys. I enjoyed the atmosphere the people whom I worked for also the customers talking with them. The hardest part of the day was the end of the day but lots of team work made it possible to get the job done.
Pros
Sometimes we got free lunch
Cons
limtied hours
prairie band casino
Security Officer/EMT (Former Employee) –  Mayetta, KSJanuary 19, 2016
The typical shift includes insuring that there are no underage customers that enter the casino, and patrolling both the casino and all other property to include hotel rv park and golf course.
Pros
there is always a shift avaliable
Cons
the hours can interupt the day
I wish it was better.
No answer (Former Employee) –  Mayetta, KSJanuary 12, 2016
So the company from what I saw is only looking for people to snitch to management. And the lazy people who don't wanna work. If I would have been able to transfer Dept like I put in from the beginning I would have loved it better. Drive is l9ng pay isn't worth it.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Short breaks, fake managers, brown nosers
Great place to grow and mature as a employee
Casino Marketing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mayetta, KSJanuary 4, 2016
While working as an Casino Marketing Administrator I would start the day by making phone calls to guest to promote upcoming promotions and events. Then i would open up the Premiere Lounge. I would provide Guest Service to top tiered guest, such as fixing any problems they had, Taking complaints, Contacting Casino Host for them. I would do this all the while assisting the Casino Host. by making reservation, by making comps for the host, or whatever else the would need. Occasionally I would provide assistance our Players Club and Hotel Front Desk and i would also assist at events as well as promotions. Slot tournaments, Concerts, Golf tournaments.
Pros
Being a well rounded Job
Cons
Hours are not always the best
Great employees, just don't plan on having any holidays
Busser- Three Fires Steakhouse (Current Employee) –  Mayetta, KsAugust 17, 2015
The day would start in the steakhouse by going to "buzz" or whats going on that day in the casino, we would open the doors to anyone who came in, even the couples who decide to show up a few minutes before closing, but that's just business
I learned things from cleaning the floors, to garnishing food
Management was good, sometimes a little overstaffed, but that just made the night easier
Hardest part of the job would be definitely restocking during business hours, just you cant maintain tables and restock at the same time, time management skills are needed
Most enjoyable part would be the employees, they are just some people that you can talk too and easy to get along witj
Pros
Employees and tips
Cons
Short breaks, low hours
Nice environment, must be able to deal with people
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Mayetta, KSMay 29, 2014
Working in the Table Games department is a great opportunity! You never really know what game you will be dealing, day-to-day, and being able to meet so many different people is very exciting.
Great place to work!
Housekeeping/EVS Supervisor & Lead Steward (Former Employee) –  Mayetta, KSJanuary 7, 2014
PBC&R is very family oriented and cares genuinely about their employees. The people that work together create a family of their own. It is a unique place to work and I would go back in a heartbeat.
Beverage Server
Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Mayetta, KSJune 23, 2013
On a regular work day I would serve drinks to any guests that were on the casino floor. I learned not to rush to fast and also how to count money back. The management was great. Everybody I worked with was really nice, I enjoyed it a lot. The hardest part of the job was probably having to know all of the alcohol that they served. The most enjoyable part was getting to interact with so many people in one night.
Productive and Fun workplace with amazing benefits
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mayetta, KSJuly 17, 2012
Absolutely the best facility I have worked in. Plenty to do, lots of fun and outgoing people, and various ways to advance in your career.
Pros
discounts on food, retail as well as discounts on various places in topeka.
Cons
not able to gamble at our facility.