Prairie Council on Aging Employee Reviews

2.8Job Security & Advancement
Fast paced, but rewarding and flexible
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville ILMay 16, 2018
A typical day at Prairie Council on Aging consisted of going on home visits and assessing the elderly population for in-home services, setting up the services and then monitoring services. After returning to the office it was time to return phone calls, complete paperwork. and review cases with Supervisors. My coworkers were extremely helpful and encouraging. This helped to create a positive work environment where we worked together to get the job done. Great flexibility and good time off. Supervisors were always available and willing to assist when needed and were very supportive. Time management and organizational skills are a must to succeed in this job.
Pros
Good for family life
Cons
No benefits
Coworkers are great. Boss is awful.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILMay 6, 2018
I personally enjoyed the clients and coworkers. It was rewarding to help the elderly population apply for benefits and ensuring quality of life while staying at home longer. However, management was very poor. Management discourages communication among coworkers, encourages falsifying paperwork for more funds, and discourages helping the elderly above specific job duties per executive director.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Poor Management
to each their own
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILMarch 16, 2018
Loved the job itself, the clients and the day to day tasks. There was disruption among the ranks and micromanaging from the boss among other things. Hopefully things have changed since my time there.
Fast paced, over worked and underpaid.
APS Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, ILOctober 21, 2015
Co-workers and management staff are great and easy to work with. The nature of this work is very stressful as you are working with individuals who are victims of abuse. You never know what each day has in store. It is fast paced. I enjoy this job because I like working directly with others and making a difference in the lives of others. The most difficult part of the job is balancing time in order to get all tasks done. This job required me to put in many hours of work on my own time. As I was considered salary exempt I was not compensated for these extra hours of work.
Pros
make own schedule
Cons
poor compensation and benefits
Social Work
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILFebruary 26, 2015
Typical day is tested by how one can be flexible while being able to multi-task. Clients may show up unexpected while case workers are in constant communication with the involved providers.
Pros
work experience
benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prairie Council on Aging. Our community is ready to answer.

Prairie Council on Aging Reviews by Job Title