PRAIRIE FARMS DAIRY Employee Reviews in Traverse City, MI

3.0Job Security & Advancement
Good People
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJanuary 2, 2018
Good place to work. Most routes are 4 days a week. Good benefits GREAT retirement. People get along and take care of each other. Lots of freedom to setup and run your route how you want.
A great company to work for, but they are closing our office in Traverse City.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MI 49684March 2, 2015
I start at 7:00 am and am the only one in the office until 8:00 when the other girls arrive. I get all equipment up and running, collect all the paper work from the day before from our drivers. Of course make coffee. The phones typically start ringing at 8:00 am and settle down around 2:00 pm. Customers are called by the other girls, I am overflow for the phones. Orders are entered and processed. I am busy doing the route reconciliations, they can take from 3 hours to 6 hours to complete each day depending on how well the driver did his paperwork. We have 2 salesmen that aren't in the office the entire day, but when they are we help them with reports, etc as needed. I'm not really sure that there is a hardest part of my job. I enjoy pretty much the whole process of everyday. There isn't any task that I don't like, except the once in a while grumpy customer, but usually by the end of the conversation they are a little happier. I usually work while eating my lunch at my desk and go home at 4:00 pm, sometimes at 3:00 depending on the work load for the day.
Pros
Good benefits, great pay