PRAIRIE FARMS DAIRY Employee Review

View all PRAIRIE FARMS DAIRY reviews

A great company to work for, but they are closing our office in Traverse City.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MI 49684March 2, 2015
I start at 7:00 am and am the only one in the office until 8:00 when the other girls arrive. I get all equipment up and running, collect all the paper work from the day before from our drivers. Of course make coffee. The phones typically start ringing at 8:00 am and settle down around 2:00 pm. Customers are called by the other girls, I am overflow for the phones. Orders are entered and processed. I am busy doing the route reconciliations, they can take from 3 hours to 6 hours to complete each day depending on how well the driver did his paperwork. We have 2 salesmen that aren't in the office the entire day, but when they are we help them with reports, etc as needed. I'm not really sure that there is a hardest part of my job. I enjoy pretty much the whole process of everyday. There isn't any task that I don't like, except the once in a while grumpy customer, but usually by the end of the conversation they are a little happier. I usually work while eating my lunch at my desk and go home at 4:00 pm, sometimes at 3:00 depending on the work load for the day.
Pros
Good benefits, great pay

Other PRAIRIE FARMS DAIRY Employee Reviews

Very nice place to work
Electrical Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Luana, IAOctober 10, 2019
Great employees, very relaxed. Highly recommend coming and working here. There are a few people that need to be let go from management to better improve the plant.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, and fellow employees
Cons
Some bad management
Good management at branch
Driver/Salesman (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, MIOctober 3, 2019
Excellent management at my branch. They do not bother you at all as long as no customers are complaining about running out of product. If you make a mistake and someone does run out once in a while, it's not a huge deal, just don't make it a regular thing. Day-to-day is what you make it, earlier you get up, easier it is typically. Hours are pretty flexible, again, if customers aren't complaining, you can do what you want. It's not hourly, it's a day rate +commission. If you like to move fast, it's not bad. It'll keep you fit. But you can also take as long as you like, so long as you keep it within DOT limits (salesmen get 14 hours before they have to go off duty).

Overall, not bad. I'd recommend them. Pretty laid back, just don't ruin it by being a lazy slacker.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PRAIRIE FARMS DAIRY. Our community is ready to answer.