PRAIRIE FARMS DAIRY Employee Reviews

Good
Turner Farms Dairy - Shipping Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 5, 2017
The pay should be better. If there were more hourly employees your job would be a lot better as a member of management. Their benefit package is second to none.
High paying and productive
Robot/ Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 22, 2017
Great place to work, high paying job, always work to do. Great group of people to work with always opportunities to move up in facility. Can sometimes be a little cold.
Management could use a revamping
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 21, 2017
Management could use a revamping. Its a very grey work environment, especially when it comes to the policies and procedures. Being ex military, I'm used to very black and white.
One of the greatest companies in history.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAFebruary 17, 2017
Loved the place. Best people you could ever ask for. Hard work but was compensated well. Great company with great opportunity.
Pros
Good pay home time.
Cons
Swapped roles a lot.
Poorly managed warehouse working model was "Crisis management".
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIFebruary 17, 2017
Constant problems with drivers spilling products, missing delivery of product at route locations. Warehouse was in constant chaos arguing about workload issues, workers sleeping over night in the warehouse because of not having a ride home, spilling products, running lift trucks into the warehouse structure.
Pros
Can't think of any pros
Cons
Gained insight on how "not" to run a warehouse.
wonderful, physical work
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 24, 2017
I was in the best shape of my life working for them. Unfortunately, having small children at home, it did not provide a good work/home balance, and seniority plays no factor
Good Company
Truck and Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 19, 2016
The people here were hard working individuals. The shop left much to be desired. To much work for two mechanics.

The management was good, but they did not focus on the maintenance of their fleet very well.
Pros
Great benefits package.
Cons
Had to provide own tools. Hard for a first, or second year technician that doesn't want debt.
Very easy going and co-workers are very friendly
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 21, 2016
You get a chance to understand the customers who buy your product.
Receive knowledge of warehouse management and the inflow and outflow or product
great company.enjoyed my years with them
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  757 n. morgan st decatur,Il 62521March 2, 2016
excellent managers
good quality products
wide customer base
great team to work with
working in cold freezers
being outside traveling to
variety of store locations
Pros
working out of home, flexable schedule
Cons
working in freezers. a negative after 36 years
Horrible place to work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Carlinville, ILFebruary 17, 2016
Constantly forced to work doubles on jobs that you have never been trained on. Dangerous working conditions in cooler.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor training, supervisors like to show their power a little to much
productive and fun work place
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILFebruary 10, 2016
enjoy all aspects of the job learn lot of new skills very helpful co workers good pay good hours very productive place learn to drive spotter truck
Pros
good hours good pay very challenging
Cons
no advancement
Good place to work, great home time.
I was a Wholesale Delivery Driver. (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IllinoisJanuary 23, 2016
Prairie Farms was a great place to work and I was usually off work by 3:00 in the afternoon. I had good pay and great home time. I never worked week ends. I would recommend Prairie Farms to anyone.
Very stressful job
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 18, 2015
Company kept getting bigger with no help with the work load.
No communication between departments.
Always was getting calls or texts while on vacation even though I was not management.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No lunches or breaks
A great work enviroment. High quality leadership.
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 26, 2015
As Key Account Manager it is my responsibility to ensure that the customer has approved product and Out-of-Stocks are kept at a minimum. Handle miscommunication, personality differences and policy adherence of delivery personnel and Retail Store Mgrs. Work close with Distribution to increase sales while keeping returns at a minimum.
Very supportive Management Team and colleagues. Solid company to work for.
Pros
Company car, expense allowence and Pension Plan.
Cons
No personal days.
Oppressive
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILJuly 31, 2015
Forced overtime and ineffectual management. The CEO is the only executive who is on point. Equipment failures abound. Most of the floor supervisors don't bother to learn the dynamics of processing.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
Too much overtime and lackluster training
Excellent company to work for
Wholesale delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Stayed within the state of IllinoisJuly 8, 2015
Prairie Farms Dairy Inc. was an excellent company to drive for. I was home early most days of the week. I usually had a 3 day weekend. The pay and benefits were excellent and the people I worked with were very friendly.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits, very friendly work environment
Cons
?????
Great people,
Industrial Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOMarch 23, 2015
Troubleshooting processing equipment. I have done this work for over 33 years and I still learn new things all the time. That's the great thing about being a industrial mechanic, it's something new all the time. I've worked with most of the people here for 20 years or more. We have a real bond.
The management at Prairie Farms, for the most part let you do your thing. Which I really appreciated.
The hardest part of my job was troubleshooting. Figuring out why a piece of equipment isn't working right is a real challenge.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the people who worked there. A lot of GREAT people!
Pros
Doing what I love
Cons
Closing the dairy...Being out of work after 33 years
Great Job
Swingman (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMarch 16, 2015
Great job with great benefits and retirement. Advancement and training was the best part of working here. Management was poor as well as leadership.
A great company to work for, but they are closing our office in Traverse City.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MI 49684March 2, 2015
I start at 7:00 am and am the only one in the office until 8:00 when the other girls arrive. I get all equipment up and running, collect all the paper work from the day before from our drivers. Of course make coffee. The phones typically start ringing at 8:00 am and settle down around 2:00 pm. Customers are called by the other girls, I am overflow for the phones. Orders are entered and processed. I am busy doing the route reconciliations, they can take from 3 hours to 6 hours to complete each day depending on how well the driver did his paperwork. We have 2 salesmen that aren't in the office the entire day, but when they are we help them with reports, etc as needed. I'm not really sure that there is a hardest part of my job. I enjoy pretty much the whole process of everyday. There isn't any task that I don't like, except the once in a while grumpy customer, but usually by the end of the conversation they are a little happier. I usually work while eating my lunch at my desk and go home at 4:00 pm, sometimes at 3:00 depending on the work load for the day.
Pros
Good benefits, great pay
plant closed
Machine Operator/Load-out Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOOctober 16, 2014
plant closed. nothing more to say about this employer. Management was horrible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PRAIRIE FARMS DAIRY. Our community is ready to answer.