Prairie Field Services
50Below average

Prairie Field Services Employee Reviews

The people I worked with daily where wonderful and we where friends I hope to keep. However upper management was less desirable and things happened that just where not proper
Pros
Family friendly with fellow employees
Cons
Management not so good
Prairiel is a competitive company in the oil & gas industry with great benefits and great compensation plans. The company and it's teams are like a family and the morale is high. The owners are so knowledgeable and provide exceptional honest leadership. Whenever there is a problem, management reacts quickly to find a solution and employee feedback/concerns are taken seriously. This company is going places!!!!Pros
Pros
great support team
Cons
declining industry
Always watch your back, they hire people that bankrupt their own company ruined water side slept with the coo to keep her job. Drivers run the roost they don’t listen do what they want come in an start whenever.
Great coworkers just a horrible company. Dispatch is all over the place, management doesn't care, and the trucks are barely maintained. they will have you work nights then call and ask if you can run in the day. they do not care
Pros
coworkers
Cons
all the bs from the top on down
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
While the average employee is pretty great to work with, the management team has been poisoned beyond hope in my opinion. They do not listen to their boots on the ground in regards to how to make the company work better and more effectively, regardless of oil prices, and will come down hard on said employees as if they are the entire problem they face. The systemic breakdown in management can be summarized in one experience I had. We had a massive blizzard come in and before I hit, I chained both drive axles. I notified dispatch that I most likely could not get to my first load. They told me to press on and keep going. I became stuck in what would be a 50-hour ordeal. I got rescued by a grader and was able to get my first load. Then sent to my second load. On route, I became stuck, and over the 14-hour wait for help, my truck drifted, in some places over five feet deep. After sleeping in my truck, I was rescued and then had to get that load to have the weight to get home. I got to the disposal and called dispatch to tell them I was going to head home. I was informed that I would be written up if I did not complete the new loads because my hours had reset and it would be a waste of resources for me to come home. So with that gun to my head, I agreed and went on to these loads with zero food or water left in my lunch bag. Literally 30 minutes later, I was stuck again, and waiting on the road crew to rescue me. 18 hours later, I had one load. in 50 hours, I made THREE loads. Every time I called dispatch for help or a supervisor it felt like I was annoying them. There - more...
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
horrible work/life balance, management, lack of truck maintenance
From the COO down this is the most incompetent management I have ever seen in my entire working career. They are oblivious to how to build a cohesive team. It's team management vs team drivers there. Management treats the drivers like garbage and a burden instead of an asset. Yet they're perplexed when everyone hates it there. If they'd make change in leadership it would be a great place to work.
It's a great company and a word for the hardier work in the Maurier noticed whereas some companies that's not a factor, Great dispatch team paid housing health insurance Goodman of its
Pros
Good pay flexible hours
Cons
Long hours away from home, it's the oil fields
There are 4 managers that have been worse for Prairie drivers than covid 19 and low oil prices. The management is an oppressive team and treats the drivers like the enemy. The management alienates the drivers by by not allowing them in the shop or office and in general treats them like lesser people. Every meeting, email, driver audit, review, and management interaction is about what the drivers do wrong and how everything is their fault. They don't know how to build a team!
The work day had a minimum they needed you to accomplish, but pay was based on production so that wasn't a problem for me. Management was supportive and willing to help.
Management lies. Went from a good company to one of the worst I've worked at. you can not trust the management. The management is good at blaming the wrong people for problems in the company caused by poor management.
The management ran this company into the ground and points the fingers everywhere but at themselves. Every meeting, email and conversation was about what everyone was doing wrong beneath them. The rest of the employees were great though!
This was a great place to work for a bit! The trucks we're taken care of well and the people were awesome!!!!....The latter half of my time the management cracked down hard on the drivers, creating an unwelcoming work environment. Constantly looking over your shoulder worried about you're own "team"trying to bust you breaking the many policies is no way to spend your time at work.
Pros
Money was ok, decent equipment
Cons
If you show up to work and do what is expected you will easily succeed. Never had any of my incentives pulled for no reason the whole time I've worked here. The "bonus" you get is for going above and beyond and following the companies polices. If you do your job you will never lose this. It is earned, not an entitlement. No company is perfect. Almost 10 years oilfield experience. Definitely is one of the better jobs and can easily make a decent living working here
This place is filled with secrets. You cant trust anyone!! There is never a solid wave of work since the water manager started. She fired or pushed away anyone willing to work with her
Pros
Cons
The urge to throw up goes away on your time off.
Management is horribly flawed. All suggestions or problems fall on deaf ears. Most of management have zero experience in the field. They'll watch you with spotting scopes and try to catch you "breaking policy". Rules, rules, policy, policy, policy...... the management creates more policy's to follow than you can remember... so that they can write you up and take away the extortion bonus. Which, without that you're underpaid. Write up's are handed out daily. There's always a catch...they offer bonuses but take them, pto but at a fraction of what you make, if you take time off they take the bonus do the pto means almost nothing.
One of Under pay company in Watford city. Will force you to work under bad weather conditions. Even if DOT notify to closed the road, trust me you on your own.
Great place to work, 2nd family atmosphere. Truly a team effort at Prairie, it's all about everyone succeeding individually, not just the company. The management team truly cares and treats all employees on an individual basis,not just a number. Close nit group of people, if you want to feel needed and part of a team, Prairie is the place for you! Always changing for the better!
Prairie treats employees good and many have been here several years. I hear a lot of negativity from past employees that were let go because they were not good employees. However, Prairie is a better paying truck driving job than you can find in other areas. You are home every night and get benefits. They were forced to implement lay-offs like many others in the industry, but met with employees to explain changes. I notice most people that complain about prairie are those that don't cut it anywhere else; they want a check to do nothing. Management has our back.
Pros
Field supervisors, dispatchers work hard to help drivers succeed
Cons
Oilfield is volatile industry, very competative
Prairie is one of the few companies that treats it's employees like part of the family. While we are employees, no decisions are made without a lot of thought about what those decisions mean to those who work here and the their families. This place wants everyone to succeed and to not only get the work performed, but to have perspective, making sure we take care of what's important along with our jobs. This is unusual in a society that has become more and more likely to believe that employees are disposable and that only shareholder profit is important.
Company with long term contracts. Great management team that always listens and does everything it can to make it a better place to work. You get to work with the best dispatch team in the industry. Hardest part is the long hours and constant phone calls. Best part of the job is seeing the drivers come in happy after a successful day of moving product.
Pros
Great team, good pay, benefits
Cons
This company has sacrificed over 30 drivers, 4 supervisors, HR director, and 2 major contracts at the expense of the newly hired Water Manager who is a bi-polar, narcissist. This managers reputation proceeds her in the field. Went from a good company to digging themselves out just to find water to haul. Total freakin joke.