Prairie State Bank & Trust

Prairie State Bank & Trust Employee Reviews

The job was easy to catch on and very informative. They taught me a lot in the time of working with them and helped me with a lot of things in my personal life as well .
Promotion opportunities were brought to me but then there was no follow through. It was a passive aggressive environment. The work schedule is very inconsistent.
Good place to work. Always felt welcome and enjoyed coming to work. My boss was very easy to get along with and would go back to this job in a heartbeat!
Working at Prairie State Bank and Trust has been like a breath of fresh air! They care about having work/life balance, they truly listen to their employees, and they also truly care about their customers and their communities!! This is a GREAT place to work!!
Extraordinary wonderful staff and inspiring work environment. Kind supportive managerial staff and superior HR team! Staff members are very helpful and team oriented!
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Overall, I enjoyed my experience with PS&T was an amazing learning environment. All coworkers were always welcoming and helpful. I was accepted by all employees of the company and miss everyone I encounter while working for the bank. Everyone believed in me and my goals to pursue more than Charleston/Mattoon area.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
leaving
Counting money and balancing/managing a cash drawer and in the vault was a good lesson. Dealing with customers and answering phones was part of the daily job.
basic teller work, long training period, some of management cares while others do not, great clientele, coworkers can be an amazing team depending on the branch you're at
Pros
build great relationships
Cons
cliques when it comes to management
While working their for a few years, I applied for a couple positions and was told that they are going elsewhere and didn't promote within the company. The pay isn't that great either for all the time and work that you put into it. They don't want to pay for overtime either.
Fellow employees are friendly. Management and pay could be better. The bank as a whole is successful with its stringent lending policies. Retail side is courteous to the customers.
Great place to work, great environment. Kind of feel I was used for months. was doing management work and then hired someone off the streets to do management. after he was hired I was still doing the work.
Typical banking environmet. Large turnover rate on the teller side. Often asked to do more than your position description without compensation.
Pros
incentives
I love the people I work with they make working here feel like a family. Part time doesn't get alot of off time due to most of the full time have already request off.
Pros
great work environment
I help customers with whatever tasks they present me with. If there are no customers, then trying to find work to do is the next step.
Cash handling, making deposits, liked the other employees and customers
This is a small town bank where you got to know your customers very well. The management and co-workers were great to work with. I wouldn't say there was anything hard about working at the bank. At times we would have "secret shoppers" which seemed a little silly to me. The best part of the job was getting to know the customers.
Pros
super friendly place to work
Cons
were expected to meet high quotas