PrairieCare Employee Reviews

Good place to work, no issues
Professionally Licensed therapist (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJanuary 1, 2019
Excellent place to work. My experience has been very positive, very fair and reciprocal working relationship. Very well managed and well staffed. Very professional company. I have been very impressed.
This the most Disorganize organization I have ever worked for.
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNDecember 13, 2018
I stated working there some mouths back, When I walked in this Edina work place you can feel the tension between employees. The lead Tech over there is a big joke. There was not traning beside the two week training they provided you when you start. After that You basically on your own. Also at the edina location they don’t tell you about parking it cost because it connected with Fairview hospital you do in fact do get discount parking I think the cost was about six dollars a day.
Pros
Cons
No brakes, no lunch, stressful work environment.
Terrible
Inpatient Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNSeptember 28, 2018
This company seems to be more worried about being in a clique and the dress code rather than patients assaulting staff and other patients. They need to focus on better training.
Great place to start a medical career.
Environmental services worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNSeptember 2, 2018
It's a good place to work. The plus side is its fast paced. The down side is it's a newer company so their tends to be a few kinks here and there. Meaning if theirs a issue you usually have to just figure it out.
Pros
Room to grow
Fun
Group Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJuly 24, 2018
Working here definitely has to be something that you want to be involved with and gain knowledge in. Must be able to work with little children and adolescents struggling with mental health disorders. Fun place to work, the staff are friendly, but it is fast-paced and requires a lot of patience, making sure every detail is correct and turned in when asked to, and allowing for the patients to be themselves.
Client-Centered Care
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNJuly 23, 2018
My experience at PrairiaCare in their Chaska Partial Hospitalization Program was a good one. Very flexible hours and a supervisor with an open-door policy. Staff retention could have been higher, but the overall atmosphere was pleasant. Many like-minded people with experience and commitment to client-centered care.
Fantastic Place To Work
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 11, 2018
There is nothing bad I could say about PrairieCare. They are fantastic people and you should consider yourself lucky if you get the chance to work there!
Great training ground for therapists, very stressful however
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMarch 25, 2018
The environment keeps growing to serve more patients, but that also means the same amount of employees are stretched thinner--even though it seems like they are hiring new people all the time! It is very VERY fast paced and there is no time for reflection or breathing sometimes.
Productive and fun work place
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNFebruary 4, 2018
I really enjoy working at Prairie Care. The management is always looking for good, hard working professionals with in the mental health field. It is always a changing world with in mental health and Prairie Care does their best to adaptive to these changes.
Pros
team atmosphere
Cons
medical insurance for families is a little high.
Every changing environment
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 20, 2017
This is a very chaotic environment. It's a startup and they are still going through growing pains. Employees are constantly spinning their wheels and changes are made without thorough consideration.
Little to no advancement opportunities
Inpatient Staff member (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNNovember 11, 2017
Pretty on the outside but lacks substance is how I would sum this employer up. They offer low pay and only if they like you can you advance. They only care about the money - how much can they make or charge patients. It seems like they often create or manifest things in order for the patients to "need" inpatient care. They are routinely understaffed and it shows. They mandate all the time. If management doesn't like you, you'll get pushed to your breaking point and out the door. Not great benefits unless you're salaried I assume. Only get PTO so it's not great either when you factor in holidays.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Barely time for breaks, patients often get aggressive towards staff, no advancement or raises
Great place to work!
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJuly 18, 2017
PrairieCare has given me the opportunities I need to learn and grow since the day I started. While often times they are opportunities i have sought out myself, management approves of growth within and supports promotion and lateral movements to ensure employees are in a position that best serves themselves and the company as a whole.
Pros
Great culture, friendly faces
Productive and great workplace
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNMay 31, 2017
PrairieCare Medical Group is a wonderful place to grow and learn. The diverse colleagues and leaders are so rewarding to work with daily! The culture and enthusiasm here is phenomenal. Everyone always collaborates with one another in a really respectful and professional way, no matter what scope of expertise we all may bring. I have seen many growth here with everyone who comes through the door, whether it's the patients staff; and we make such a positive impact on the community of mental health!
Great place to work!
Psychiatric Technician Two (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMay 24, 2017
All of the people I have worked with have been great and everyone is really passionate about caring for the children. It is fast paced which makes the days fly by. The hardest part of the job is working every other weekend and holidays. I felt like I was missing out on family/friend time. The compensation is wonderful though with time and half paid for anything over 8 hours and holidays. On the weekends a person gets paid more per hour as well. Pto also accrues really fast so you get plenty of days off.
Pros
Great co-workers, compensation
Cons
Hours
New Company who had alot to learn.
Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNOctober 28, 2016
I enjoyed my job at PC. I was able to help out many staff members from being physcially abused by patients and was able to help patients by my calm demeanor.

A needed type of company. Just not prepared to open.
Pros
Some excellent staff. Few trained properly
Cons
5 managers in a year, none had experience in the field I was in.
Completely disorganized
Pysch tech (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNAugust 31, 2016
Immature attitudes, unorganized staff and schedules, worried about making money instead of patients
Training is out of date and not helpful for the job duties
Pros
Tough population, pretty nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJune 24, 2016
Still a young company, so kinks are being worked out constantly, but overall, I feel as though I work for a company who does care about it's employees. Coworkers are amazing, and I do appreciate the overall mission PrairieCare is going for with creating a more positive mental health hospital experience. I would recommend working here if you know that you want to work with kids with traumatic backgrounds struggling with mental health issues.
Pros
Awesome team. Making a difference.
Cons
Not always the best hours. Difficult population at times.
Do NOT work here or send your kids here!!!
Needs Assessment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNOctober 1, 2015
The needs assessment dept had the worst training program or absence of a training program I should say. They didn't even have a finished and printed training manual when I started. The training was almost nonexistent and then they let me go after 6 weeks for not being competent at the job yet. What?! I have never worked at a company that was so disorganized. They expect people to just have the skills necessary before even starting the job. Completely unprofessional. Their idea of training was following someone around. There is little to no work/life balance which is fairly typical of a mental health organization. They guilted me for taking scheduled breaks even because they were understaffed and so disorganized. I would not recommend working at this company to anyone. I would not recommend sending your child to PrairieCare either. It was a big moneymaking scheme where they get kids and their parents to come in for what they call "free needs assessment" when it's really just a marketing ploy to get more kids and money in the door. Hard to believe this place is growing at the rate it is.
PrairieCare
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNApril 24, 2015
Hands down the best job i have ever had and if i weren't moving i would make this company a career placement for myself. Children really get helped here. The therapeutic approach is phenomenal and is always progressing.
Pros
Family oriented environment, free food, everyone has a voice
Cons
Company is still in its infancy
Great management and culture of excellence, difficult work/life balance
Psychiatric Technician II (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMay 5, 2013
PrairieCare works hard to make all employees no matter what their level feel heard and appreciated through many different programs.
Pros
Many employee rewards programs