Pratt & Whitney Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
SR. Manufacturing Supervisor Advanced Coating (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJuly 15, 2018
Enjoyed working there, great benefits, pleseant atmosphere, lots of work. Great staff and management. Positive working environment, no discrimination.
Review
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midland, GAJuly 10, 2018
A day at pratt is a good day, might start off with a meeting tell us where we at and how far we have to got to put out the number of parts we have to do a day
Pros
Have a cafeteria for lunch
Cons
30Mins lunch breaks
Senior Project, learned a lot
University of Arkansas Senior Design Project (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJuly 10, 2018
We redesigned the floor layout for the production of one of the engine turbines. It helped me understand the value of time for the company and a whole lot more. Very helpful in the end. Thanks P&W
relaxed and focused
Material Handler / Polisher (Former Employee) –  Midland, GAJuly 9, 2018
Productive and relaxed environment.Do your the work require of you and keep up a positive attitude.There are some personalities that can be annoying,but try to avoid them and stay focus.
No-one is willing to make decisions or take ownership
Commodity Manager (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJuly 9, 2018
Typical day consists of many meetings. The culture is diverse. Women are encouraged to get involved in management. The company prefers to see people change positions/departments in the organization.

Due to the size of the company, the hardest part of the job is getting answers on many aspects of the business.

The people are the best part of the job.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
excessive meetings
Cell Operator
Cell Operator II (Current Employee) –  North Berwick, MEJuly 8, 2018
This is a good place to work, but difficult to move up. The pay is good, vacation time is stellar, benefits are average. Increases in pay are dependent on who your supervisor is, some are fair, some are extra generous, and some are downright cheap. Those who lie about their experience get a lot more coming in the front door with no repercussions for lying on their resume. Frustrating for those of us who where honest, but we move up the pay scale faster once management catches on to who is a worker and who is not.

They will pay for your college education, but you may have to take the diploma elsewhere before you get the job you want. Most positions open for advancement are already destined for someone known to the supervisor or manager. The trick is to become that someone without resorting to brown-nosing.

Once you work here and get a taste of the vacation time, you will have a hard time moving on to someplace else. I looked at a CNC programming job that was twice as much work and responsibility as my current job; and they only offered me 75% of my current base pay and 15% of my current vacation time.
Pros
Good pay, LOTS of vacation time.
Cons
Management is a 'gool old boys club'.
N/a
Team Lead / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  East Hartford,CTJuly 2, 2018
Dont want to say anything
since I was a contractor not the full time employee of Pratt
worked for a key contractor called Cyient INC fro Pratt as my customer
Sr Fellow Discipline Lead (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 28, 2018
Spent my 34 year career in Florida. First on military jets and helicopter engines then on rocket engines programs. Worked through UTC purchase of Rocketdyne. At one time, P&W provided all liquid rocket engines on US space vehicles including co-ownership of Russian RD-170. P&W was always cutting edge. Looking for advances and improvements on performance, safety and fuel economy.
Pros
good management. great work atmosphere
Cons
Sold off rocket programs
Good benefits
Technical Writing Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJune 24, 2018
Company has very good benefits. Good mix of working independently and as a team. Interesting, challenging work. Management need to deal in facts and not perceptions when handling personnel issues
OK Entry Level Job/No Room for Advancement
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJune 24, 2018
An OK place for an entry level job if you are just starting out. The union environment is toxic and affects everyone there. Management sides with union operators every time. No room for advancement and is discouraged by everyone. If you are interested in learning new processes then there is a lot to learn there. The UTC benefits are probably the best part of working at Pratt.
Benefits
Cons
Union Operators, Clueless Management, Zero Communication
Company is growing
Senior Supervisor Middletown, CT (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 22, 2018
This company is growing again. It is going through some challenges now and trying to balance hiring employees and capital improvements. If you are looking for a company that will be around for the next 40+ years this is where you'll want to start. You can set some roots here and be well off for the rest of your life.
Good workplace culture
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 14, 2018
Healthy environment, overall excellent place to work. Management engaged. Learned god strategic thinking and analysis. Typical day involved meetings, schedule and shop floor control review, active participation in short and long term planning.
A great place to work
Director and Program Manager www.pw.utc.com (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJune 14, 2018
Pratt & Whitney is a great place to work with talents growth, training, and mentoring to succeed. Salary is very nice and retirement funding is great.
Pros
Cons
long hours of service
Good place for a young engineer to begin career
Structures Engineer (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJune 10, 2018
Pratt & Whitney is a good company for a young engineer to come early in his/her career. The company offers good pay and benefits, and the projects are interesting. Overall, I've enjoyed my time at the company and feel that I have developed several skills that will be valuable throughout my career.
Pros
Pay, Work-Life Balance, Benefits, Interesting Projects
Cons
Project funding is volatile, sometimes necessary work is not funded, deadlines are sometimes unreasonable
Competitive and Educational
Cyient Intern (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 4, 2018
Pratt and Whitney is a great place to work. The company and compounds are so big that there is a lot of room to change positions but its also possible to stay put for a long time. You learn a lot from working there and there is no way to describe how important the work is that is being done there. All of the people I met and worked with were very pleasant and helpful, I would rate Pratt and Whitney 10/10.
Great experience
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 31, 2018
Pratt is a great company to work for. Lots of opportunities for advanced and growth. Communication definitely needs and management is a bit of a mess though.
Pros
Money, Crosstraining, Benefits
Cons
Communication
Great Place to Work
Materials & Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 29, 2018
I had an Operations Manager take me under his wing and mentor me, and I couldn't be more happy. I learned so much working here and improved on skills I already knew.
Pros
Compensation, ability to mentor other employees, ability to advance
Cons
Stressful, work-life balance
Good place to work and leanrt a lot on Migration
Manager Tech Arch- Accenture (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutMay 28, 2018
It was great place to work with relaxed Management and hardest part was the landscape was huge and had to deal with lots of vendors on hardware and architect new changes which constantly client wanted to change .
a bad place to work
Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTMay 22, 2018
constant layoffs, bad corporate culture, hard to move within the organization, nice experience to put on resume but hard to stay for a long time. you might want to consider twice before joining.
Good Place if you can get a permanent position
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Berwick, MEMay 15, 2018
Unfortunately i was on a non renewable contract, however this is a wonderful place to work if you can get a permanent position, great pay and benefits as well as career advancement opportunities, these are not afforded to contract employees.
Pros
once you are in, you're set for life
Cons
it is extremely hard to get in

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pratt & Whitney. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

54out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Pratt & Whitney.

Powered by Comparably