Pratt & Whitney Employee Reviews

Project Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTFebruary 12, 2019
I loved working for this company. They gave me opportunity to develop and grow skills I didn't realize I had.

The work force was awesome, I was assigned a mentor...very cool.
Overall great place to work
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTFebruary 10, 2019
I don't have any complaints about the overall culture of the business. This is your typical corporate environment, in which jobs are somewhat competitive and fast-paced. There is room for growth within the business. My recent experience with management has been satisfactory. They are focusing more on development and collaboration more than years past. Company culture is evolving with the modern times but still has a ways to go.
It all depends on the department and the location. Micromanagement is gaining force slowly.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoFebruary 7, 2019
Great place to gain experience. Teamwork is excellent. In general, people address you with respect.

It is overcharging and exploding it's employees. As I said, it all depends on the location and department.

Non engineering departments do not have much opportunities to grow professionally and are often overlooked.
Pros
Great co workers and teamwork.
Cons
Not so good on management. Need to work on empowering and trust their employees.
Great Company
CNC precision ceramic grinding operator (Former Employee) –  North Berwick, MeFebruary 5, 2019
Pratt and Whitney is a great company. Everyone was friendly and career advancements galore. My only complaints were required overtime, as well as the shop floor would reach 105 degrees in the summer
Professional and friendly working place
Senior JAVA Developer (Current Employee) –  CTFebruary 3, 2019
Team oriented, mutual repspection. flexible hours,
Professional environment. Stay on top of new technology,
Product and customer service oriented. Positive.
Good place to work.
Test,assembly, packing (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJanuary 31, 2019
Clean and safe work environment. Pay on time. Very good wages. Always busy ,stressful,and tireing! Have to be knowledgeable and quick. Accurate and speedy!
Not enough pay for the stress you have to put up with.
Working Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 31, 2019
Columbus GA plant was once a great place to work. That is no longer th case. Safety procedures overlooked by management then the guilty management parties try to blame and fire employees. The workplace has become cutthroat where no one looks out for the employees...no one! I worked there for 20 years and still have many friends that work there. They all just try to get through the day as they can no longer stand working there. If you are a yes man that doesn’t mind getting stepped on and push around then this is the job for you. If you are looking for a career to advance in and be proud of then look somewhere else.
Pros
Good vacation time off. Ok pay
Cons
Cutthroat, stressful, medical insurance, just a number
Good Job Security
Plasma Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 31, 2019
I chose to learn different departments to always have OT to work. There was always work. Financial wise, I want more. They do pay for school which is a huge plus.
fast paced stressful environment, culture varies per group
Enginer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 29, 2019
fast paced stressful environment, culture varies per group. overall a good company to work for, most people are willing to help you advance in your knowledge and career.
Demanding but flexible and good benefits
F135 Support Equipment Fleet Management (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJanuary 29, 2019
Culture varies from business unit to unit. Management direction and support is 50% good, 50% poor, based on business unit. Can get very political at times (more than it needs to be). Inconsistencies on corporate, organization, and business unit strategies (somewhat silo'd). Change is challenging and difficult. Corporate flexibility (remote or working from home) and benefits are very good. Have a lot of opportunity to travel.
Harsh Management
NDT Level II Technician (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARJanuary 29, 2019
If you are wanting lots of hours and no social life this place is for you. Management is always pushing for parts, and do not care about the workers. Culture is not good at all.
A great company with a collaborative cultrue
Digital Strategy Engineer (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJanuary 28, 2019
Pratt & Whitney is a good company to work for, with decent benefits and a culture that's collaborative,as well as more recently going through in my opinion, a positive transformation, in an effort to remain competitive in the fast paced Digital Era.

While here, it is important to take charge of your own career advancement, and not wait for opportunities to fall on your lap. If you seek after them, you will find them.
Company production
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 22, 2019
Most of the employees fill unappreciated for all of the work that they put in so that production goals are meet. This is something that should be addressed.
Pros
The benefits and pay are ok.
Cons
Employees should be treated with respect.
Pratt & Whitney is great company to work for.
Quality Engineer, Lead (Former Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJJanuary 21, 2019
Pratt & Whitney is great company to work for.
Work starts at 7 am and ends at 4:00 pm
Management is very supportive
Work life balance if acceptable
I learned about the Aerospace regulation
Turbine Engine Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 21, 2019
There were a couple of guys there that made life tough but mostly everybody else was great. The work itself was great. Easy enough but had challenges along the way. Opportunities for advancement were there... I mean, they will pay for you to go to school. That's pretty great I think. Not a smoker friendly environment
Pros
Steady work
Cons
pay is not amazing to start
productive
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, GAJanuary 15, 2019
pratt and whitney on a typical day is relaxed. the work environment is very friendly workers help each other...what I learned is that every part has to be signed off on by every employee that handle the parts
Average Company
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 13, 2019
Management is rotating their plans. The plan is changed every day. There is no schedule. Only a few people do any work they are exploited till they get tired of it and leave.
Be Nice
Master Scheduler - Engineering (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 12, 2019
It's a positive support type company. No being grumpy allowed. Management mainly provides flow down info. and leaves you to do you job. Up to you to press the envelope. The feedback on how to improve and grow is limited.
Pros
Lots of nice folks.
Cons
Have to change orgs. to move up. Lots of family members work there.
You learn a lot about engines
Senior Export Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRJanuary 11, 2019
Great collaboration but the payment is not very good. Just 10 vacation days. Too many last minute changes on every project. It gets boring after a while.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Low pay
Professional Enviroment
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 7, 2019
Typical work day is slow paced until the last week and a half when were trying to meet company goals and shipment deadlines for our customers. While here at P&W I've learned how to communicate better, how to work in a manufacturing environment. I have learned how to treat co-workers from other departments with the same respect we treat our customers. I've learned how to inspect parts, and how to handle them based on blue prints and instructions from engineers. My most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with the least amount of supervision. I feel its an empowering thing when my company can trust my integrity to be a productive asset to the company without having to lean over my shoulder every 45 minutes.
Pros
Suggestion Box, Very nice campus with good landscaping and courtyard
Cons
Lacking to influence innovation from all employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pratt & Whitney. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Pratt & Whitney.

Powered by Comparably