Pratt & Whitney Employee Reviews

Very demanding yet rewarding work
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTNovember 7, 2018
Within supply chain, you have the ability to learn multiple facets within the job. There may be some monotony within daily operations but it's interesting to learn about the entire value stream within supply chain.
Very good company
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTNovember 4, 2018
Great company to work for with very good/competent people. They pay their employees well and empower their employees to do what is right for the company and their own careers
Good place to be staring off
Amt (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 3, 2018
Great people and get learn as much as you want it are allowed to. Keep your nose clean and eye on the ball anythinv is possible. Maybe your last job if you are willing to relocate
productive work place
Forklift Operator Licence (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 1, 2018
i have learned alot from pratt and whitney as far as logistics. Its a great place to work and learn. i highly recommend it to anyone that is in logistics
Pros
30 min lunches
Cons
short breaks
Productive and professional
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTOctober 31, 2018
It was a fun place to work. They have flexible hours, with sick pay, paternity leave, advancement programs, company outings, and a host of other things.
Corporate life
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTOctober 30, 2018
Great large company that hinges upon government contracts. Group culture oriented. Long term aggregate work and projects. Mostly continuous process improvement in the budgetary review.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
large culture- just another number. CYA culture
Fast paced growing company
IT Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYOctober 28, 2018
Great place to work.

All the the employees are diverse and friendly. Good place for advancement. Great benefits. Opportunity to continue your education.
Pros
All employees have the last week of the year closed
Great environment to work at. Just need to have a college degrees to advance.
Lead Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 27, 2018
I work with an elite group of people. The company is worldwide and has excellent competitive benefits. I would recommend anyone to join the team. To be hired beyond the quality inspector position they require a bachelors degree.
Pros
Flexible hours when needed for family or personal time.
Cons
N/a
always interesting
Training Coordinator, Instructional Development (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTOctober 25, 2018
I found working at Pratt very rewarding, no two days was the same and always learning something new. Overall culture was fun and friendly. I regret leaving that job and working the personnel there
Pros
the people
Cons
leaving my job
Busy working place
Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTOctober 24, 2018
I worked at Pratt & Whitney shortly out of high school. I started out as a clerk for a Buyer or Buyers in the purchasing dept. I typed out quotes to other companies for the Buyer. Then got promoted to a clerk for the Chief Buyer. Then I got promoted to a Purchasing Clerk. And was sending quotes out and buying manuals to Repair and Replace engines for a certain model engine. I was there for 10 and a half years and left for Maternity reasons.
Benefits
Cons
There were no Cons for me in this job.
Manufacturing Technical Leader (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTOctober 23, 2018
Pratt & Whitney is a great place to work. It's a diversify company and employees have the opportunity to move to different job function within the company.
Productive and fun. Many after work events and activities.
Electrical Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTOctober 22, 2018
Great place to work. Flex time allows you to select a convenient start and stop time as long as you are present during core hours (9 am to 3 pm for first shift). Nice work / life balance and good benefits.
Pros
Great culture and people
Cons
Long commute
Great Place to Work
Production hardware control account manager (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTOctober 22, 2018
Fast paced environment with supportive management. Great opportunity for those willing to take on new challenges. Diversity is valued and part of the culture.
People woth easy job
CNC VTL machinist (Former Employee) –  Springdale, AROctober 20, 2018
People like cmm, in front building would go in early and sit on clock doing nothing for 1 or 2 hrs. Which company didn't know cause paycheck comes from main company which is in another state.
Pros
Pay, benefitd
Cons
Front end and backstabbers
Good place to work at.
Procurement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Isabela, PROctober 10, 2018
Its an ok place to work at. You have the flexibility to select your schedule. Like every employment there are areas of improvement and they are working on it.
Good company
TECHNICAL FELLOW (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 8, 2018
Excellent technical base. Management structure optimum to the extent that there is not an overabundance of managers who have little or no staff. Company very interested in developing solutions that are on the cutting edge of technology.
Great Company
Bench Mechanic (Former Employee) –  North Berwick, MESeptember 30, 2018
Pratt & Whitney was a great place to work. Located at the North Berwick location, I started in the summer of 2017. They hired me, even while being pregnant. Plus, gave me 8 weeks PAID maternity leave, PLUS 4 weeks PAID Paternity Leave. I loved the coworkers, and my supervisor. Down falls? Management is lacking, chain of command is too long and confusing. sometimes when there's a problem, you have no idea who to talk to about it. Can't find your Working Leader 85% of the time. New hires get paid more than you, even when they do half the work, and don't care about the quality of their work. Most enjoyable part for me would be my co-workers, and the job I did. I'm very precise and picky, and have very good attention to detail, so the work I did was perfect, and it gave me a feeling of satisfaction. Human Resources is a nightmare, though.
Pros
flexible lunch breaks, paid time off, fmla, insurance, safe work enviroment
Cons
management, Human Resources
Busy, Busy, Busy
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 30, 2018
Pratt & Whitney is full of opportunities for growth as a business and as as individuals. Pratt & Whitney is a hard working company for hard working people.
good company
Engineer (Current Employee) –  variousSeptember 29, 2018
Good company to work for. Growing too fast right now, culture is changing. Pay and benefits are reasonable. Top management cares about their people.
Job is okay but management could use some help
Jet Engine Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 23, 2018
Days are very long and slow
Advancement is tough unless you know the right people or have the right supervisor
You really have to watch yourself because people will throw you under the bus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pratt & Whitney. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Pratt & Whitney.

Powered by Comparably