Pratt Industries Employee Reviews

productive
CUSTOMER SERVICE ANALYST (ECOMM) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2018
Very productive company and great to work at.great benefits and pay. management is great. will recommend to work at for any future employees. great location
A lot of work little pay.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, MINovember 18, 2018
I would not work here ever again. Training fails it's employees. Supervisors are not helpful. Most work is not done correctly. Poor pay for a lot of labor
Pros
It's a jo
Cons
It sucks the life from your soul.
Dead End
Sheeting Department Operator (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CANovember 18, 2018
Being Treated like a child and stalked on production floor
Nothing I didnt already know
managers stalk employees
awful
being there
Leaving
Very against any personal time off even for a death in your family
Pros
NonE
Cons
Not all the management teams make it out to be.
Emba operator (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MINovember 17, 2018
Good pay, but to much stress. Alot of covering up problems to keep doors open. Quick to say your problems but slow to give better advancement chances.
laid back, nice job to work for
Machine Helper (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, OHNovember 16, 2018
the only down fall was working 3rd shift. only cause i didnt have or see my youngest son cause i had to have his dad keep him for those 3 months i was there cause of not having a babysitter at night. when they had us working friday night into saturday morning.
Pros
discounts
Cons
only a 20 min lunch break
bad management
Feeder Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 14, 2018
this place is really horrible when it comes down to it. bad management. they all like to play favorites and those favorites would get extra benifits like longer breaks.
good hours
Packer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 14, 2018
very easy job if you can handle the heat and being on your feet. only problem was my hours was not adding up to what i was actually working. Safe work environment and multicultural.
Fast Pace physical job
Assistant Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, OHNovember 13, 2018
I loved the face pace competitiveness of Pratt industries. I learned about precise measurements to reading and correctly entering job starts. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with the 50 to 70 hour weeks for months at a time. I enjoyed the management, team work, and steady workflow.
Pros
treated as a family
Cons
lack of sleep
Old School
SALES PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 12, 2018
Pratt Industries is a large & growing company. Employees get lost in the shuffle. The Cincinnati office was plagued by a Manager who partied with his employees outside of work. Those who didn't attend the festivities were not given the same opportunities. It was also an office of 'men rule'. Cursing, sexual comments, etc were commonplace.
Pros
Good Pay & benefits
Cons
Bad environment - especially for women
Hardest part
Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 9, 2018
My Pratt experience was a difficult one. A lot of old equipment and machinery that would break down at any given moment. Also work schedules was out of control at certain times.
Wonderful worker experiences for an internship
Pratt Millugator Winder Operator/Intern (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GANovember 7, 2018
Wonderful place! The general manager is such a great guy especially when helping these college students. He pays incredibly well and has a focus on directing you with the engineers of the department.
Not bad for a short term
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2018
This company is good but not recommended for long term. The pay is horrible for the work. Work is hard and tough sometimes. Lunch is not paid. All for $8-$9 an hour. A grown man with a family can’t live off this. Absolutely no room to move up on the company either
not a good place to work
Forklift operator/material handler (Current Employee) –  Walton, KYNovember 3, 2018
i basically went to Pratt Industries because it's close to my home. I enjoyed working there when I first started there. Had to start as temp , takes to long to get hired . They also made changes to management that I and a lot of others don't agree with.
Pros
Good employees to work with
Cons
Bad Management
Employee (Current Employee) –  Fort WorthNovember 1, 2018
Teamwork from top management down. Monthly meetings for the entire plant. Sometimes meals are provided. My manager listens to my concerns and ideas. Have one on ones, interested in my growth.
Pros
Everyone works for the same goal
Cons
Non
great workers
Machine Operator and 2nd assistant (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYOctober 24, 2018
it's a very competitive job since is a manufacturing company. for people that live near Staten Island NY is great good money making. they speak English and Spanish.
Pros
lunch paid
Good place to work with good people.
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 22, 2018
Meet with Scheduling to discuss on time delivery management team and discuss customer deliveries, meet with Supervisors to discuss machine lineups and prioritize orders.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Old equipment.
Pratt Insdrustri
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 6, 2018
It was so nice at the beginning but the competions between 1 and 2 shift was getting out of control.

The Management was good really respectful individuals.
Pros
Management was great nice people.
Cons
they make us compete with the other shift.
They are trying to raise the hire on rate, but not giving anything to older drivers
Semi Driver for local and long haul deliveries (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INOctober 3, 2018
They are having a hard time find driver at 15.39 hrs so they raise the first and second yr drivers up to 18.40 hr. But there not giving older drives anything other then 3% cost of living raise. So what that means is that I make 18.95 hr and the second yr drivers make 50cents less than me.Ive been there for 5yrs .They raised them up from 15.39 to 17.65 that a 2.26 hr raise, then the next one will be 18.40 at .75 cent hr . I get 3% of 18.95 which is .56cent for 5yrs. Its unfair and its time to start looking for a better paying job.....
It's a watch your back company and knives are laying everywhere
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 29, 2018
It was a job you have insurance and vacation time but they wanted you to schedule your vacation time 2 weeks ahead of time drivers can only be off one driver at a time the atmosphere was just so stressful when you make a mistake it's the end of the world when they do you never hear it again. It's a little hard to know what you are doing right or wrong when you have 4 supervisors telling you different things to do but not communicating with each other.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Money
Tooling department is great
Tool & Die Repariman (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCSeptember 28, 2018
Personally, I believe that I got lucky with that job. They teach you a trade skill to perform in-house. You will work 6 days a week for 3 weeks out of every month. 8 hour regular shifts, 12 hour overtime shifts. It seems that every employee outside of the Tooling department and supervision/management resented their job. Department managers are awesome, upper management is the reason you will be working as much as you do. They also cannot work your work schedule around a class schedule, so advancement will become very difficult.
Pros
Great pay, departmental management, benefits
Cons
Bad upper-management, extremely humid environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pratt Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.1Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight