Pratt Industries Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Long hours,too much leniency on co-workers. Not enough supervision
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OhioAugust 15, 2018
12 hour shifts.Was tpld i would be on 1st shift,and i was put on 3rd, and lied to about that. Training was short-lived, basically had to learn on my own.
Pros
Cons
12 hour shift, poor training.
Temp
Packer (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCAugust 13, 2018
Temp job that didn't pay much money but wanted you to work fast paced in the heat the management was stuck up and really didn't want to help if you didn't know something about the job
fun place
Clamp/ Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2018
It was a fun place to work, I enjoyed my co-workers, but management had little knowledge of what each associate function was on a daily basis.
too many chiefs
Pros
good work hours
Cons
dis- organized
Overall good place
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 8, 2018
Fast paced, Swing shift, lack of schedule and shift work disorder, steady work, always will make your hours, Job security, not a lack of communication from bosses and supervisor to employees, In house promotions.
It was ok
Hot melt (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 7, 2018
They just fired me for no reason never call me.back
and also people Well still your lunch Also it's pretty hot in there I think you should get air conditioner
Pros
Just free power range
Cons
Short breaks
Production
Logistics Lead and Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Corrugation Division Conyers, GAAugust 3, 2018
Started at entry level and worked up to Logistics Lead and Dispatcher in the Corrugation Division
Also attended college
Bachelor of Science
No opportunities from the management at the time

The Cola Cola Co. made me an offer and i had to resign
Brotherhood makes you feel like u don't belong.
Maintenence Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNAugust 1, 2018
I was hired as a temp there on overnights for maintenance and there was this guy that they stuck me with and he straight up from the beginning tried sabotaging my employment there because for what the reason I have no idea I tried to tell people on days like my supervisor other co-workers about this and they all just looked at me like I was crazy and soon enough and I gotten bad enough where this passive-aggressive individual he convinced my boss our boss that I was just wasting time or screwing things up or something because one day I got to call not to go to work because of time management they said. And the stuff we will the guy that you cannot work with literally he won't even talk to you and they just don't believe anything you say because they're all over the whole brotherhood and you're just an outsider that doesn't mean squat to them they treat you like garbage and someone who does not belong.
Pros
Cons
Hostile work environment, shady pepole, poor management., unfair in every category.
fairly decent place of employment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCAugust 1, 2018
Fast paced work environment. Good bunch of people to work with. Relatively clean working conditions, but be prepared to sweat. Very loud areas, but luckily safety seems of high importance.
Cons
understaffed in maintenance
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2018
Pratt Industries is a strong, solid company. Pratt strives to achieve complete customers satisfaction through high standards like ISO compliance. The office environment is friendly - staff members know each other well. The GM was very flexible with time off needed for appointments, etc. Department members worked as a team both inside their department but also across the other departments. Excellent place to work.
I dislike working here.
Scale House Clerk (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 26, 2018
The management was very poor. They acted very childish. They picked favorites. There was a few office workers there who didn’t even talk to each other. When they seen each other the would fuss.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
Good
Automatan labeler operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 22, 2018
It really good place to work they got they take cash out on a company luncheon want to you're at like one of the zoos or something like that we have microwave luncheons to go over numbers and to see how we're doing
Pros
Monthly luncheons
not honest employers
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJuly 21, 2018
most everything regarding drivers pay is a lie. you wont receive any bonuses or raises as they publish in their manual when hired. They have donald trump syndromes. Everything is ...your fired. Just read their employee manual.
Pros
good equipment
Cons
poor pay
Keep looking bro
Operator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 20, 2018
Machines rigged to run then break down and supervisors expect you to pull a rabbit out the hat. They don't pay workman's comp so Id advise you to be careful working there cause they fire the wounded soldiers
would not go back
3rd Shift Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIJuly 18, 2018
pratt don't hire within/nor do they stand bye there supervisor unless they like you.they don't let there supervisors write there own reviews on shifts employees
Pros
loco
Cons
employees don't know how to work or be on time
long hours not enough pay for your job skills
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 17, 2018
I was at pratt for 3 years long hot hours not enough pay for your skills
to many steps to get parts
they want machine to run but don't want to spend money on parts
they preach safety but will run machines in unsafe conditions to meet production needs
Pros
one
Cons
not enough pay
Ok work enviorment
ASSEMBLY LEAD PERSONNEL (Former Employee) –  Walton, KYJuly 13, 2018
Pratt started out to be a good place to work but didn't end up that way.. very disorganized, communication wasn't there at times needed most. unorganized with job set up.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Disorganizzed
Job
Stacker Operator8 (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 13, 2018
It's too hot for the pay they only start you off with $10 an hour and the break room does not have air in it it's really sitting on the outside and the work area nothing surrounding it the manager would go and tell one of his favorite employees about hoovering to get fired and for the type of work that you do you would think that they will pay you at least $12 an hour to start off you cannot get ahead by working at this company because the paycheck will be show some week because they let you out very early it's not 12 hour job every week you may bring home 250 a week so do not expect to make more money it is to hot in the GREENVILLE building
ok
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJuly 13, 2018
ok I guess wish there was more money to be made wish there was better working conditions in the cold or heat and the management doesn't care so much about what happens
A family work place
Machine Operator and Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJuly 10, 2018
It was one of the best jobs I had.I learned alot while I was there. My boss was great but it was hot in there no brakes we had to rotate each other out when we could.
Cons
No brakes
This should be a last resort option!
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCJune 26, 2018
Temporary services can't fill these positions. Most people leave at or before the first break on the first day. I lasted 3 weeks. That was too long. It was, to say the least, the most demeaning and disgusting job I have ever had and management wouldn't provide coveralls, though the temp service told me they would. They also discouraged me buying my own. It's so hot in the building they were afraid of the liability if I had a heat related complication like heat stroke.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pratt Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.1Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight