Praxair
Information from Praxair:

Praxair Employee Reviews

United States759 reviews
Featured review
Praxair selected this as a representative review
Worked there for two years, wouldn't leave except because of the long commute.
Safety is the most important thing

Learning new things every day

Great benefits
No job security. Lots of training but management doesn't want you to follow training protocols but instead get the job done as quickly as possible. They push you around unless you're you're part of a certain group of people.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No job security, pushy managers, jealousy amoug co-workers
I really enjoy what I do there I'm just not so happy about working 3rd shift while others with less seniority are working 1st shift. Outside the hours I can't complain at all about this job.
Worked for Praxair for about 1 year and I learned alot,with this kind of job you have to want to learn. I always asked questions and always wanted to try things myself in order to get hands on experience. I wanted to learn as much as could. The problem was ,this company has major management problems, I mean this in no disrespect but there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians! Safety wasn't the issue,they do very well with assuring you know even though they do need to work on social distancing and mandatory face mask wear.
Pros
Benefits, overtime from time to time, provides materials do do your job
Cons
Mangement, trainors not engaged and not fully knowledgeable, communication needed desperately between companys
Praxair has been flexible with life circumstances. They do try and have a competitive wage structure. They definitely promote safety. They treat employees equally when it comes to benefits.
Pros
Paid lunch break for drivers
Cons
The hours allowed to work have been cut
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Working for this company is like a revolving door. Your job security is 0 to none.
Must co-workers are haters, and don't want you to succeed. Interacting with them is like interacting with inmates at a prison, you have to watch over your shoulde all the time.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
jealousy among co-workers, Bad management, no team work. They talk about safety and want you to do everything by the book, bu twhen you take longer to complete your route you get penalized for it.
With some customers on a weekly basis, it was a different route everyday. It was a union job with a global parent company. As I was told when I started there, "...you won't get rich, but you can earn a decent living in an in-demand industry." The hardest part of the job was, of course, the physical demands. The most enjoyable part was being outside, not tied down to a desk.
Pros
Early start and end time. M - F work week.
Cons
Physical demands, with liquid containers weighing 600 to 800 pounds, and high-pressure tanks weighing 200 pounds each.
My management chain was great, very supportive. Nice office space in Danbury. Compensation is very competitive for the work. Upper leadership is very communicative to the rank and file.
Pros
Compensation
Horribly Unsafe! Company will buy you a brand new pair of metatarsal work boots, even the temp workers!! Sooo, take the boots and go work in a safer environment.
Cons
You name it...
needs more teamwork and communication. Co workers should be better team players. Environment should 1 family. Seniority should not be base on years of experience. Drivers do the same work assignment and a drivers should not have priority over less experience drivers
Pros
Good experience
Cons
more cleaner drivers
Overall good experience. Office culture encouraged professional and intellectual growth, but not a lot of flexibility in terms of work schedule or work processes
Former employee 12 years that was surplused with no advanced warning. If you have under a 4 year degree, chances are your the lesser candidate for a particular position. Very cliquey environment.
If you want the opportunity to learn new skills this is a good place to receive training. The benefits are OK and good place to grow as a individual. Many opportunities to grow.
Management diva culture rules. Employees are pawns used to allow management to make their annual bonuses. Dedicated employees have been told “if your project fails it’s on you”, translated : management takes credit for your success, but you are the fall guy if it fails. Praxair Surf Tech Speedway culture is toxic to say the least. If youre the right demographic your performance doesnt really matter. horrible mgmt...stay away its not worth the money.
To much politics. You are expected to know everything, and do everything, but they don't want to pay you for it. There should be a apprentice time frame, and then once educated, it should be more, but it's not!
During my time with Praxair, I learned that Praxair is a team environment. No one can be successful without the team around them. As a cost analyst, I depended on the maintenance team and other departments to provide the data I needed on the daily basis to be successful in my position.

My only regret is, even though my position is critical, it was expendable.
Work place was good to work in for an individual. Mostly self-instruction and trial by error training. On shift by your-self as soon as you qualify and expectations to climb distilla6 towers.
Pros
7 on 7 off schedule, good pay
Cons
No shift support on site
Senior management in the southern region is only interested in their own advancement. The level of bureaucracy, favoritism, and backstabbing is beyond any I could have imagined. When I started in 2017 I was not surprised as it is an international company. Since the current director of operations was promoted, (not because of his ability but because it was his turn), the region has devolved in to a nightmare of butt kissing and finger pointing. There is no room for advancement by ability, and no hope of help when assigned new tasks.
Only care about the margins not employees or customers.
Rules that are pointless and if you like to see customers get screwed then it’s the place for you
The expectation at Praxair is to put the company need above all else. This is not an unusual position for many companies but the compensation is not very competitive. Continuous 60-80 hour weeks for years is just too much to expect without just hiring more people to do the required jobs in the first place. Overall long term compensation is good, but at a price.
Enjoy working for the company and serving customers. The schedule I have is also ideal for me. The company offers great benefits. I also like having weekends off.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Praxair. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Praxair.