Praxair Employee Reviews

Praxair Distribution Manager
Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CAJanuary 21, 2019
Work life/home balance is an area of opportunity for Praxair. Overall management is very knowledgeable about product and taking care of customer needs.

Compensation should be more aligned with other comparable companies. They are on the lower end of the spectrum.
good place to start your work
Sr. Development Specialist/Programs Manager, R&D (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 16, 2019
good place to learn, reasonable pay, friendly colleagues, can learn a lot of things! toward to the conservative side from cooperate strategy standpoint.
quite, intensed
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 12, 2019
The training was not good there was a lot of favoritism or should i say if you was not in the click kinda reminded you of high school. people was put in management that didn't know what they was doing.
HSE (Current Employee) –  LAJanuary 5, 2019
Long days, great people in the plant, company is great to work for and the healthcare they provide is great. Plant is a bit on the young side as far as personal.
Stressful most of the time due to the extreme changes that took place my last year I was there
Operations Assistant/MB (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2019
The change in management was very stressful. It was a difficult environment to work in. The hardest part of the job was the drive to and from work. and also, the changes in management constantly. The management not knowing what the department did.
Field Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  United States & india , mexicoJanuary 2, 2019
long time ago, but fun. Good field personnel to work with. Had a great and productive time overseas and also loved working out of Buffalo, NY. But not in the winter time.
Pros
full control of field
Cons
to many office meetings with brass
It was ok
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXDecember 29, 2018
Got to work 8-5 mon through friday. they werent necassarily excited for overt time hours. Getting to converse with people and get to know the customers was the best part.
Job
Senior Operator, Computer Operations (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 27, 2018
I worked a 12 hour shift, 6am-6:30pm. I was responsible for daily backups, rack and stack, Iron Mountain vaulting processes, shipping and receiving, and more
Happy to have worked there
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 21, 2018
Happy to be employed. Was a relaxed environment. Benefits that were offered were very fair. Shop was very clean and organized. The shop was always in order and in order. Easy access in and out of work. Managers were professional and very well equipped for most situations.
good
driver (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORDecember 17, 2018
pretty good new management. health insurance is ok. pay is ok. Really heavy work moving liquid containers and cylinders. first raise worked out to be 1% and health insurance went up more than my raise
Pros
nice trucks
Cons
poor raises
Its very repetitive and exhausting no family barely
Cylinder handler (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDDecember 12, 2018
I work minimal 63 hrs a week very tired dont get to see my family that much we told them we need more people but they refused to give us some one to help us so
Very fast paced and demanding
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  KansasDecember 12, 2018
Customer demands are always changing and it can be very difficult to properly take care of customers without the much needed assets to complete orders. Creative planning and brain storming with department heads is a must.
Pros
Upper management helps when needed
Cons
Not having the freedom to acquire assets as needded
Sales Perspective
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 11, 2018
Too many reps in one target market. Very little inside support to reps. I was the last rep to be hired (other two were very tenured) and my territory was a waste. It could have been split between the other two reps.
Productive Place to learn
Electrical & Mechanical Scholarship Intern (Former Employee) –  New York,December 10, 2018
I received my first internship with Praxair when I was a high-school student. I had the ability to work in a number of positions while there. I'm very happy I had the opportunity
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 2, 2018
Praxair is a great place to work and can be very flexible. Put your head down and work hard and there will never be any problems. Dont be one to stick your head out of the gopher hole! You get a compnany computer, cell, company truck, and lots of freedom compared to other companies. Need to be a self motivated individual for sure.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
On call or rotating on call.
To much work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WINovember 29, 2018
Workers not appreciated, pay is low for the job expected on a daily and not enough workers. micromanaging is horrible and not much opportunity to grow into company. No bonuses.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Underpaid, Lazy people
Poor Management
Maintenance Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LANovember 28, 2018
Personnel at the technician/supervisory level were great to work with. Upper management were very bad with micromanagement. Not well diversed company in the southern areas.
Work environment
Production (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 28, 2018
Praxair is committed to safety of its employees and to customer satisfaction, however does not hold very high regard for employee workload. A typical work week consists of Monday-Saturday with every other Sunday off, which does not make for a very good work-life balance.
Pros
Decent pay, available overtime
Cons
Pay(with regards to time worked), no employee stock options
Extremely harsh Environment
New Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IANovember 28, 2018
Poor Managementpoor training. you are screamed at by customers on every call over 8 hours a day. VERY STRESSFUL JOB. someall days ot allowed breaks due to high call volume.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Very poorly run company
Ok job
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 25, 2018
It’s an ok job and I’ve made many friends. I feel I have more knowledge than most of the management so it gets frustrating. Because you handle a lot of hazardous materials there is lots of training
Pros
Not micromanaged
Cons
Pay too little for what we do and know

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Praxair. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight