Praxair Employee Reviews in Ankeny, IA

Found 13 reviews matching the search See all 1,070 reviews
More of the same
Software Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJune 7, 2019
Don't expect much. Profit comes first, employees and customers come last. Way behind the curve on tech, only recently upgraded to Outlook. Management was a joke, openly black listing folks from promotion or job opportunities. HR was a joke. Benifits weren't great and they cut them back when I was there. Your coworkers are good though, even though they refuse to leave.
Pros
Set hours, decent pay.
Cons
Benifits, management, customer comes last
Extremely harsh Environment
New Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IANovember 28, 2018
Poor Managementpoor training. you are screamed at by customers on every call over 8 hours a day. VERY STRESSFUL JOB. someall days ot allowed breaks due to high call volume.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Very poorly run company
Involved
BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAFebruary 15, 2018
It was great to see the amount of work that we did daily. It always seemed to be new and exciting. My coworkers are helpful and good at communicating.
Hard place to work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IANovember 16, 2017
Its a good place to work but its hard work and got to deal with the weather and lifting. Fast pace environmental but you can get use to it and the day goes by fast.
Workload was far from equal.
Hardgoods Buyer (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJuly 17, 2017
Three work was enjoyable as were the people. Little chance of promotion or pay increases unless you move departments. Management is so buried they don't notice those not productive, therefore, strong employees get burnt out.
Pros
Benefits were great, pay was decent.
Cons
Management to busy to manage.
They're like middle schoolers
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJanuary 31, 2017
They treat the temps horribly. Management is a joke. People walk around just to find things to tattle tale on others about. The only way to last there is to show up, ignore everyone (except make sure you're always auto in) and do not point out anything that's incorrect. Even then, if a supervisor dislikes you for whatever reason, they will set you up to get fired. And the branch, they make commission off sales then don't care if the customers ever pay. And they cry and whine if collections tries to get them to do their job. And collections takes so long to get invoices to people that they over charge in finance fees. Yet, don't try to write them off or you'll get a rude email. In fact, you'll get 2 rude email a week just for doing your job and maybe a third because your supervisor is having a power trip. And don't even think about talking to HR or anyone at work about your concerns or there will be retaliation. This is a terrible place to work, especially in Iowa. And the branch employees in California are the laziest ever.
Pros
Lots of free food and paid meetings
Cons
Loud, rude supervisors, cold, strong smoke smell, lazy employees, rude branch employees
Shared Service Center
Driver Compliance (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAMay 21, 2016
A lean approach to employement regarding the philosiphy of hiring tems and a high rate of turn over. Services provided were needed and essential but staff lacked leadership
Not the best job
Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJune 30, 2015
I loved the daily duties I had to do. I also loved fix things & work on quality. I also worked really hard to get my daily numbers up & I did meet quantity standards quite often, but the manager only focused on the days I didn't. I also didn't get monthly reviews & when I finally did I got 3 or 4 months worth at once. Never once did anyone come to me when they found an error I made, so they could show me & help me fix the error or keep from making another error. There was not consistency or structure with the team or the rules or procedure changes that the supervisor tried to put into place. I have worked with much better supervisors.
Pros
Close to home & early work hours
Cons
Bad Managment, No consistency or structure
Great company and great people!
Account Manager / Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAOctober 31, 2014
It was a sad day when I left Praxair. You won't find a better corporate culture. Working with field reps can be difficult since they seem to have a negative opinion of corporate employees, but support is great.
Productive and Quiet Environment
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAMarch 15, 2014
Performed clerical duties and called accountants to confirm if payment was sent or an estimated timeframe when to expect payment. If companies don't have enough credit to purchase items ran credit report to see if credit limit can be raised.
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
Job Security
relaxed atmospher
Supervisor - Tom Negrete (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJune 15, 2012
great place to work with excellent hours
managment treats you with respect
co-workers are very dedicated and helpfull
Pros
treated with respect
Cons
overtime
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Ankeny, IAFebruary 27, 2012
A highly motivated worker seeking a job position a sales associate full of opportunity for career advancement & challenges, which allows utilization of my educational skills and unique experience to prove my ability to handle advertisement sales and contribute to the organization with excellent growth.
Pros
great management
Cons
limited breaks, short vacation time