Praxair Employee Reviews in Indianapolis, IN

Found 45 reviews matching the search See all 1,073 reviews
Poor Management!
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 5, 2019
Working here is not the best but it's a job! Management is POOR, they expect you to do so much with not much/no training and without that many people! People are quitting everyday and we are currently, severely, understaffed but they keep telling the customer these unrealistic numbers of what we can produce. The pay is not the best for what they expect of you to do and the work load. They also play favorites! No incentives or bonuses. It's really not worth it, if you can avoid it.
Pros
Job
Cons
Long work hours, low wages, poor management.
Rough and not in a challenging way
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2019
Praxair as a company, as a whole, is a good company to work for. The culture at PST is not as good. Lots of rushing to get things done with less care about methods or consistency of product. Lots of concern for safety of the employees, which is very good. Less concern about their workforce or quality. The company can't and won't offer competitive pay rates to bring the workforce to aerospace standards.
Doing more with less
Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 20, 2019
Praxair Surface Technologies is a subsidiary or Linde PLC.
Business is growing rapidly, and PST is responding successfully, but a lean workforce is forcing employees to work long hours and morale is uneven day-to-day.
Lofty monthly goals are set every month, which sets the stage for exhausting marathons every month.
Pros
Productive and hardworking team. Great people. Safety first culture.
Cons
Unwilling to bring in the headcount necessary
Not the best place to work
Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2019
Not what I was told it would be, they pretty much lie to you to get you in, and then they will try to change your schedule, They'll tell you that they don't work much ot, because they believe in a work/life balance but as soon as the end of the Month gets here you can expect to be in there the whole weekend. Management has no clue what's going on and they don't care as long as you are putting out parts for their bonus, this place pays like trash for everything you do. it's under tge watch of the FAA and they pay you like you're a bag boy, this a a skilled trade job that doesn't pay like it.
Work environment
Production (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 28, 2018
Praxair is committed to safety of its employees and to customer satisfaction, however does not hold very high regard for employee workload. A typical work week consists of Monday-Saturday with every other Sunday off, which does not make for a very good work-life balance.
Pros
Decent pay, available overtime
Cons
Pay(with regards to time worked), no employee stock options
Tough Marketplace
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 22, 2018
Leader in their industry but touch marketplace and pricing is too high compared to competitiion. Competsation is very hard to achive. Benefits are good and work life balance is good.
worked a lot of overtime
Operation Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2018
Enjoyed working with my coworkers operating machines the hardest part was all of the overtime no time to spend with family, had good benefits and good location
Pros
good benefits
Cons
overtime
Overworked
Final Inspector/ Op-Tech (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 8, 2018
If you like having 2 days off a month this is the place to be. It's not all bad the vacation time is good... but at what cost? It's greed! Management, Safety & Engineering get weekends off because there are no issues on the weekends with any of that. RIGHT! Oh and you're expected to switch shifts every 3 months! What fun to shuffle your kids and family time around. So great.. This will be your life, forget about everything else.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Work over family
longer lunch breaks
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2018
having everyone there to do the jobs, always learning something nwe are different every day, Management needed to communicate better so that you wouldn't have to do there job for them. the culture was all walks of life people all seems to get along good, the hardest is understanding what the management was wanting to do for each shift on all 3 shift, Knowing that your shift did a great job every day, going home with out any complaints on your shift ,
Pros
working weekend they buy lunch
Bad Place
Operation Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 30, 2018
Big discrimination issues with this company. Majority of the time is spet freely doing nothing without any super vision. Very dysfunctional and unorganized.
very fast and productive work place
Processor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 21, 2018
A typical work day is very fast work on a coating line, and working with a helpful time assembly air plane parts together, the hardest part of my job was we received one day off a month.
Pros
they gave great benefits
Cons
long hours with short days off
My Praxair Review
Gun operator / Turn Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 24, 2018
Starting at Praxair was initially great. The pay to start for a 18 year old was great for most but as a mother and wife was not enough unless you worked overtime, which in EVPVD I rarely got more than 2 days off a month. Work VS Life balance was hard. The management was horrible. After verbally and written concerns of a particular employee clearly not working which in return was effecting our progress in work each day they thought it was a good idea to call me into the office with said employee which in return made that employee mad. This employee proceeded to get in face and threaten me with no repercussions. After this and many other problems I decided to leave. They have decent pay and had plenty of ways to work up in the company, great benefits as well but if you are a talkative person and don't like working alone I would not recommend this job for you.
Pros
pay, benifits
Cons
management, rotating shift change
Very productive but laxked in creativity
Furnace Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2018
The training for the job duties can get better. Not all employees are friendly or social and they don't have good communication between employees. Over all theyake me feel like I didn't belong there.
Read between the lines
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 16, 2018
Overall, the work isn't bad. I enjoy the work, as well as the employees I work beside. The pace is grueling(usually 6 or 7 days a week of work). For the amount of work everyone produces each week, I feel there should be more time off for everyone. But, management is concerned about receiving their bonuses throughout the year, so the more we produce, the better their bonuses will be. The pay is decent if you're on an off shift(2nd or 3rd), but 1st shift is where the pay drops off. If you need a job ASAP, I would apply.
Pros
Competent Team Leads, 401 K, benefits
Cons
Grueling pace, not much room for advancing career, poor management
Initially was a great opportunity, currently going through a merger. Too many management changes with unethical behavior in the end.
Product Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2018
Overall in my 7 years experience I have worked with great colleagues, managed hard working teams. It was a great company for the first 5+ years, due to the recent management changes and merger conversations the priority became the dollar value of the business which was done with poor management. There was an extreme lack of respect for employees by management and suspect business practices that was not aligned with ethical behavior I accept. I was preparing to leave Praxair but I was part of several layoffs across the business. I did leave on good terms and am eligible for rehire.
Pros
Flexibility in schedule when working long hours.
Cons
Ethics within management in last two years, sacrificed integrity for a dollar value.
Definitely better places to work out there
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 7, 2018
They do not value their employees at all, There is no appreciation. They want your loyalty to them but give none in return. Its a job but don't expect to grow your position thru hard work.
Very difficult place to work
Production Prep Worker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 27, 2018
Overall the work is not all that difficult to do. They can be very good at training if you are shadowing the right employee. Where the problems arise is what is expected of you. They have mandatory overtime, sometimes resulting in a six day work week. Usually you have a minimum of a 10 hour day, although some positions work on a 12 on 12 of rotating schedule. I even had a manager one time try to convince me to give up my one and only day off for the week in order to come in and work. They claim to be a company focused on safety, and that is true, until it becomes a burden on production. For the amount of time we work, the conditions we work in and the general area of the plant, they do not compensate their employees enough, in my opinion.
Pros
All the overtime you could want
Cons
short breaks, low pay, hazardous working conditions, mandatory overtime and 6 day weeks
Fast paced challenging work environment with lots of opportunity to learn and grow
Maintenance Technician / Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 29, 2017
Work schedule has driven me away along with poor management. I really like what I do and have learned a lot in my time here. The hiring in the last 3-4 years for maintenance technicians has been terrible. Enforcement of company policy has been poor and management has not followed up on some of the policies that are in place.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Work schedule, work life balance
low pay limit advancement
Operations Technician II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 12, 2017
work a lot of hours 7 days a week low pay almost no advancement but good vacation time off flexible with time off for personal reason and good benefits
Stressful
Applications Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 13, 2017
A lot of push to grow the business which means a lot of work for employees. Downsizing and increased growth means people wear multiple hats yet carry the same if not more workload than before.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Praxair. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss