Praxair Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 1,070 reviews
This is where i retained mostly all of my experience
Dispatcher and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cudahy, CAJuly 10, 2019
Praxair was and still is by far the best company i have yet to work for. I gained a significant amount of experience in many different aspects as well as job settings. I learned the buisness in and out and was backed by a great group of managers and team leaders that discovered my abilities to hel0 shape me into the hard worker that i am today.
Fun dynamic work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 11, 2018
Super fun place to work. Learned so much about durable medical equipment and medical field in general. Management was fair and easy to talk to. Coworkers were fun and energetic and really enjoyed helping patients.
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Wish company would have stayed in business
Good Educational Environment
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Willis, TXMay 15, 2018
Praxair was a great place to work, there were many educational opportunities.

The management staff supported the staff, including the support staff and provided opportunities for all positions to be involved in the business.
Not a good place to work
Customer service representative for welding gases (Current Employee) –  Cahokia, ILDecember 1, 2017
Horrible management. Working here is like being in high school still, management picks and chooses who can do what they want and who can't. The attendance policy is a joke
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
management
Tied to a phone
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cahokia, ILSeptember 28, 2017
Tied to a phone and had scheduled breaks and lunch. had to find co workers to cover your shift if you wanted to take a vacation day. breaks and lunches are timed only have half hour lunch and customer service management is terrible. but advancement in company is good
Pros
compensation
Cons
timed breaks and only allowed half hour lunch poor management
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 5, 2017
Laid back work environment. As long as your work was being done and jobs being dispatched, you did not have any issues. All of the tools needed for the job were provided.
A good place to learn about the packaged gas industry
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILMarch 10, 2017
The contact center hours are between 6:30AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. This is a good place to learn about the packaged gas industry and help users from welders, restaurants or medical professionals.
Pros
Day hours with weekends off
Cons
Must work on call about every 3 months
friendly and professional environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 4, 2016
Praxair is a great company to work for offering great wages and benefits. They offer good training for any positions and set you up for success with the company.
Self knowledge, and growth within company.
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahAugust 22, 2016
This job contained a high volume of calls and top quality customer service within a day to day routine. I have gained self knowledge and growth as well as a global industry for welding gases, medical gases to specialty gases, welding equipment and computer skills as far as data entry to spreadsheets. This job had me maintain a positive outlook in future growth within a career and myself. This was a team oriented position where open communication was key and that sales can be all what you make it. Hardest part of the job is the difficulty of not being in the physical state that your customer is in. The most enjoyable part is every day is different and there is forever growth in knowledge, product, and awareness.
Pros
Benefits, Trainings, Luncheons.
Cons
Short lunches, Micro-managing.
Overall Great Company to work for
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/ INSIDE SALES (Current Employee) –  Compton, CAMarch 18, 2016
Great company with benefits with some unfair treatment to the employess great retirement plan, etc. always mentioning room for growth except we never saw it and no appreciation given except they were always flexible with our schedule
Praxair use to be a nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OhJanuary 1, 2016
lot of changes were made, company sold to another company and things changed, no longer a medical company, great interacting with customers and employees were like family
Pros
great bosses
Cons
To many changes
fast-paced
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAFebruary 2, 2015
I have learned many things these past few years with Praxair and Apria. With Praxair I became the change of insurance representative which allowed me to learn the guidelines for may insurance providers on the east coast. When we were acquired by Apria Healthcare, I learned the acquisition process, billing/coding and collections guidelines for Medicare, as well as many other insurances
Pros
competitive
Work safety place, with excellent co workers
Costumer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Gurabo PRJune 3, 2014
Work early in the morning , With different Types of Medical and Industrial Gases , Fabricate Metal parts for installations and Certified medical welder
Customer service / DME
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 12, 2014
the company is no loner in the DME operation. They were a good company to work for / they still handle O2 only
Good company to work with.
Customer Service Liaison/Sales and Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2014
Very busy days and great satisfaction. Great safety and quality programs. My co workers have been there for 25 years.
Good, solid, reliable workplace
Accounting and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2014
Praxair is a company that I would recommend to anyone looking for a good solid company to work for. Safety is there number one priority. They are very organized, have excellant management and pay competitive wages.

Your days are full and you must be able to multitask.

Most everyone is friendly and helpful making your day very enjoyable.
Pros
Opportunities, wages and benefits
Cons
Policy changes with employment
Excellent salary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 29, 2013
Performed account payable/received duties; answered phones from customers and staff. I learned how to calculate time sheets. Wonderful co-workers, but the hardest part was dealing with management. I enjoyed to fast paced environment.
Pros
Fast paced work environment
Cons
Poor management
Productive and professional work place with option for advancement
cylinder processor/production/customer service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2013
A typical workday began with a daily safety meeting consisting from any mistakes made the day before and a plan to fix them. Also a stategized plan for the days job requirements. I learned how to work well with others and bring out the best job orriented attitude in co workers to effectively get the job done in a timely manner. The co-workers also believed in helping one another and emplementing the concept of team work. The managent was professional and believed in treating all employees equally and fair and listened to any employess concern. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with co-workers and supervisors that all had the same agenda in mind. Which was working together to get the job completed and a safe and timely manner.
Pros
Management was willing to listen, team work, tools for the job were provided, concerns were met and taken care and resolved
Always alot to do and new things to learn and take on. I enjoyed being able to contribute
Sales Administrator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg New YorkOctober 25, 2013
Was a good place to work. Learned many things and contributed very much to selling our products.
Huge company with good benefits but do not seem to care about employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2013
the company has great benefits and good chances for advancement. A typical work day is very busy and hectic and there are a lot of things going on at once.

my coworkers for the most part are great people to work with.
Management is not always accessible as they have a lot of meetings.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
30 minute lunches and ther run very lean on personnel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Praxair. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss