Praxair Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 215 reviews matching the search See all 1,094 reviews
Featured review
Praxair selected this as a representative review
This is where i retained mostly all of my experience
Dispatcher and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cudahy, CAJuly 10, 2019
Praxair was and still is by far the best company i have yet to work for. I gained a significant amount of experience in many different aspects as well as job settings. I learned the buisness in and out and was backed by a great group of managers and team leaders that discovered my abilities to hel0 shape me into the hard worker that i am today.
Good family oriented workplace
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Ulysses, KSAugust 16, 2019
Shifts are tough at first but having a 7 on 7 off is worth it.
Some of the best upper management I have ever worked for.
You will never stop learning here.
Pros
Good pay, time off
Cons
Healthcare is lacking but its not the worst out there.
Good pay but a lot of responsibility
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJuly 11, 2019
Management was nice but never around (I got hired at the time of managerial change)

Though, it was a good place to start within the "industrial" stage. A good amount of perks - they fed us from time to time, and the salary was fair (overtime). But staff is scarce! And because of this, you'd be doing a lot more work than initially told; one main factor why I left.
great pay & benefits.. poor treatment
Process/Pipeline Operator (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJuly 7, 2019
money is good.. keeps you away from home 75% of the time. every worker is just another pawn on a chess board. Very decent starter job but expect nothing more than a good paycheck
Pros
good money
Cons
not great for a family oriented person for long
Poor Management!
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 5, 2019
Working here is not the best but it's a job! Management is POOR, they expect you to do so much with not much/no training and without that many people! People are quitting everyday and we are currently, severely, understaffed but they keep telling the customer these unrealistic numbers of what we can produce. The pay is not the best for what they expect of you to do and the work load. They also play favorites! No incentives or bonuses. It's really not worth it, if you can avoid it.
Pros
Job
Cons
Long work hours, low wages, poor management.
Top notch
Class A CDL driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2019
Best career I’ve ever had. Great work environment. Big on safety. Pay for everything we need to get our work done. Excellent retirement package. Newer equipment. Excellent pay compensation. Healthcare benefits could be better but I’ve seen worse. Opportunity to advance in many different careers with in the company. I would rate this company at an 8 out of 10. It’s not perfect but it certainly is reaching for perfection!
Pros
Very professional, great pay, always improving the work environment.
Cons
Health insurance benefits should be better in regards to the price.
Bad management
Production Tech II (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJune 11, 2019
Practically forced to work overtime. Manager would want employees to work 7 days a week. It's a very stressful at times. No matter what you do it seems like it's not good enough for them.
More of the same
Software Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJune 7, 2019
Don't expect much. Profit comes first, employees and customers come last. Way behind the curve on tech, only recently upgraded to Outlook. Management was a joke, openly black listing folks from promotion or job opportunities. HR was a joke. Benifits weren't great and they cut them back when I was there. Your coworkers are good though, even though they refuse to leave.
Pros
Set hours, decent pay.
Cons
Benifits, management, customer comes last
A place we loved to work for
Exploratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYMay 27, 2019
This was a great place to work. Management was great and they listened to its employees. Everyone worked extremely well with each other. They cared, pay and benefits were great.
Cons
They moved
To many haters work here and they are not team players and they dont help other drivers
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALMay 26, 2019
Would be a great job if they paid right like the other plants they have our bonus wasnt right. They took away from our raise to make a little 100 dollars bonus and try to convince us that we are making more when other plants get anywhere from 250 to 350 dollars a month bonus
Pros
Its local
Cons
Not enough pay
New and interesting place to work for
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 25, 2019
Customer service maintenance technician. Great starting pay, benefits, 401k, insurance and health care options, and discounts. Company provided vehicle, uniforms, tools, training, travel, education, cellphone and laptop. Interesting job with a lot of training and information to take in. Involves inspecting and servicing tanks and working with gases. Company is very big on safety and corporate has very black and white policies. Immediate manager and coworkers are good, but corporate is out of touch with most of the workforce. Would recommend for someone with maintenance experience.
Pros
Pay, vehicle, 401k, benefits, healthcare, uniforms, tools
Cons
Corporate culture, safety policies, procedures
Extremely low pay
Process Operator/ Board Operator (Current Employee) –  Norco, LAMay 18, 2019
Relaxed atmosphere but way too low on the pay scale. Good stepping stone for other plants. Praxair definitely need to increase the pay for the talent. Do NOT work here if you want respect and proper compensation. McDonald's would be better.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Maintenance runs the unit instead of operations. Extremely poor pay. Management is lacking.
Good
Specialty and Medical Gas Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 24, 2019
Praxair is a company that is driven by their culture and principles of exceeding and succeeding at your career. They provide a great deal of training to increase your skill level.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Too much computer input work for sales
Credit and Collections
Credit and Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 21, 2019
Calling Customers for Payment and setting up Payment Schedules

Good working atmosphere. Management always approachable.

hardest part of the job would be the phone call volume / incoming and outgoing.

most enjoyable part of the job was getting the days work completed.
Pros
Benefits / PTO / Vacation Policy / Etc
Cons
Phone Volume
Great place to work but to a certain extent..
Production Technician III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2019
Alot of favoritism going seems like only the poeple they want to move do so regardless of how much other people have worked harder for it..they (managment at all levels) praise the lazy and punish the hard worker...lack of communication..
Pros
Good place to Start
Cons
So many i can't write them all
Very honest and management with high levels of integrity.
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 9, 2019
Praxair motivates salespeople to achieve their full potential. Managers are available for assistance when needed. Our compensation increases as we bring in new business.

The company is extremely honorable and ethical.
Pros
A person can earn in accordance with production. Management is very supportive.
Cons
Many people will consider the work load to be excessive.
its decent
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTApril 6, 2019
no family time you have to do alot of overtime the pay and benefits are good and management is fair if you want overtime it is always there and required sometimes
manager showlow,az
TRUCK DRIVER,COUNTER HELP,DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Show Low, AZMarch 26, 2019
manager hard to work for turn over is a lot ( drivers, inside store) manager did not pay me 3 overtime hours that I work but payed me straight time. quit after that
Good workplace to develop and grow.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 25, 2019
Praxair Inc. allowed me to grow my skills for what is needed in the work place. I was allowed regular training to improve and focus on what I desired.
Pros
Good compensation. Room to grow
Cons
Old style of management. Very old fashioned work environment.
Not the best place to work
Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2019
Not what I was told it would be, they pretty much lie to you to get you in, and then they will try to change your schedule, They'll tell you that they don't work much ot, because they believe in a work/life balance but as soon as the end of the Month gets here you can expect to be in there the whole weekend. Management has no clue what's going on and they don't care as long as you are putting out parts for their bonus, this place pays like trash for everything you do. it's under tge watch of the FAA and they pay you like you're a bag boy, this a a skilled trade job that doesn't pay like it.
Good people in the welding and scientific communities
Sales Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 18, 2019
Typical day starts at 5:30 am and ends at 5:30 pm. I learned JDE and a multitude of other cheaply priced web based programs the company builds it's infrastructure on. The highest management tier is completely blind to ground floor operation and what is required to provide customer service, like trust, and integrity. Workplace culture is fair for over-strain people trying to be nice to each other. The hardest part of my job was the "more with less" syndrome and the countless disappointments suffered by good customers at a companies greedy whims. The best part of the customer service industry are the people you meet and get to know and build relationships with.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
The company is very fractured in it's business model

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Praxair. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss