Praxair Employee Review

A some times high paced job with many personal responsibilities and freedoms.
Standard Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYJune 3, 2019
I maintained and operated a number of air separation plants in central and western NY. I drove about 40k miles per year in this position. My personal management was always top shelf and the work culture was excellent with help always available by phone or computer. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for work. The one drawback in my position was that no job is permanent as all jobs depend on keeping the contracts with the customers in a very competitive field.
Pros
Company vehicle, flexible schedule and a ton of personal responsibilities.
Cons
On call 24/7 (but this is expected)

Other Praxair Employee Reviews

Good Place to work if you like being a number.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJuly 13, 2019
No room for advancement for drivers. Buddy buddy culture is alive and well!. Really enjoyed job until company installed cameras in trucks which Is good looking ahead, but not looking at the driver. Many drivers have been fired because they were monitored by camaras.
Good pay but a lot of responsibility
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJuly 11, 2019
Management was nice but never around (I got hired at the time of managerial change)

Though, it was a good place to start within the "industrial" stage. A good amount of perks - they fed us from time to time, and the salary was fair (overtime). But staff is scarce! And because of this, you'd be doing a lot more work than initially told; one main factor why I left.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Praxair. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Praxair.

Powered by Comparably