Precision Aerospace Corp. Employee Reviews

great company but extremely demanding
Production Scheduler/Planner (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 15, 2019
wonderful pay, benefits, clean facility, and friendly staff. Management is/was less-experienced than desired and the work and life balance was extremely unbalanced. Almost felt deceived when the offered me more time off during my interviewing process once I started there. time off at PAC is something they do not favor.
Great people
Quality control inspection and machine operatore (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 19, 2018
The people working here were great to work with. I held a temporary assignment there and wish I could have stayed there but it did not work out for the skill set that I had at the time.
It was fast passed, but fun.
CNC Machinist Setup/Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 29, 2018
I liked working here because it was clean and I was able to move up fairly quick and learn a lot about machining and setting up mills. The people were mostly nice, but the management was kind of bad.
Review
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI 49512October 2, 2018
I have enjoyed working here but feel that the advancements are not available like I had thought. The people that I work with on an everyday basis are great to work with and interact.
High Quality focused and very supportive of both internal and external customers. Great team mentality.
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 6, 2018
Very strong opportunity to serve others and be supported by all members of the team. Leadership is very world class focused and helping with career advancement and knowledgeable growth per staff member.
Pros
Educational support and offers.
Cons
Working at Precision Aerospace Corporation with great people and hard-working dedicated individual in every Department with great high performance
Bench man grinder Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Rancho CucamongaAugust 20, 2018
This is a great company and they always help people and doing better at what they Supply for any opportunity to grow and to always push us to accomplish anything.
Pros
30 minutes to an hour lunch depending on the activity participating
Cons
Providing benefits breaks 10 minutes
Awesome work place
Chemical Miller (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 11, 2018
I liked working there just the commute became too much .friendly environment /paid fairly treated fairly flexible worked with you on family emergency always
Productive and fast paced
CNC Programmer/Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 7, 2018
I have worked here for 17 years I have learned a great deal and I have had extensive training. They have state of the art equipment and its well maintained. All and all a great place to work
Productive, but negative workplace
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 23, 2018
I always had work to do and worked with many people there. A lot of the people there have a negative attitude and are lazy workers. Besides that it was an alright place to work.
friendly place to work
CNC Machinist Setup/Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 22, 2018
I met some very good people. The work was fast paced and a little stressful because of the need for quality control. Precision Aerospace did a great job implementing Continuous improvement techniques and were extremely organized.
Pros
organized and clean
Cons
fast passed and stessfull
Very relaxed atmosphere
Shift Supervisor, Second Shift (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 25, 2017
Good place for hourly employees that enjoy a very non demanding career. Undisciplined and partiality shown in application of the rules depending on job / supervisor / shift.
Pros
no enforced attendance policy
Cons
unfair application of discipline, if any
Offered Stability but...
Machine Operator/Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cascade, MIJanuary 20, 2017
- I gave this company a 3 star rating. Coming in to work was a pleasure for sure, the employees working there are some of the best people I have ever had the chance to work with.

- I had an excellent work experience here and learned AS 9100 specs which almost translate to ISO standards for quality. Taking experience away from this company was the best thing I have ever done, excellent learning experience for sure.

- Management needs work, this was the reason why I left the company. I guess the typical "hair is on fire at the end of the month" scenario comes to mind being the nature of this business is small batch production. Scheduling department could use work.

-This workplace culture is sensitive, employees are always on edge and have doubts about what is being told or promised to them. Lots of broken promises and a lot of heartache, I truly loved working here but benefits were almost non-existent and holidays were few and far between, vacation time allotted was mediocre at best. We might have had 5 observed holidays plus 4 floating holidays. For example, Christmas was guaranteed but Christmas eve was a floating holiday for which you would have to use much like a vacation day.

- The learning curve here is pretty extreme, shop floor work was not bad. It was tough and there was a lot of paperwork involved but the office work was tough. From floor worker to Quality Technician was a hit in the face, 0 experience to Class C PPAP work and First article inspection reports. Establishing traceable paperwork trails and clarity was challenging but i'm glad i had the experience.
  more... It was tough but manageable.

- I'd say the best part of the job and the hardest thing to leave was the fine people that work here. Pure hearts and good intentions. I was sad to leave but I needed a change and better benefits.
Pros
Good stepping stone for careers.
Cons
Almost non-existent bebefits.
Excellent Workplace
Quality Engineer/CI Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 31, 2015
The high paced atmosphere at Precision promotes a unique and challenging environment. This company provides educational compensation benefits and relatively competitive health coverage. The pay is in line with the job market. Management is young, but knowledgeable, approachable and humble. The people at Precision are the best part about the job, although the high stress environment can be tasking to some.
Great Environment, filled with great people!
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  californiaJune 5, 2014
All around great place to work, couldn't ask for a better job!
so many lies and broken promises
Quality technician (Former Employee) –  Wyoming MichiganMay 4, 2014
They tell you one thing and do another. Promise you this, and give you that. So stressful and ridiculous the way everyone always chased their tails! Hair on fire! Do or die! It is so laughable they way no-one knew how to do their job! Now I work for a Christian based company, not a hypocritical one, as a quality tech/ document specialist doing 1st articles, PPAP's, developing new improved quality reports. Whole different world! Some days at Precision as I watched everyone running about, and into each other, I swear I could here carnival music amongst the panic. LOL!
Pros
the hilarious people!
Cons
Managment knowingly, willingly lying to you about issues you knew were true
deburring
Deburring (Former Employee) –  Seymour, CTApril 27, 2014
Responsible for the last step in the manufacturing process. Worked with parts for the aerospace field. Had to be very detail orientated.
Great work place,
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 2, 2014
fast days, great coworkers, great pay, good career, great customers
very stressful
Quality technician responsible for all final (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids MichiganNovember 23, 2013
It used to be a good, fun place to work. Everything changed. We all took a 10% pay cut for 10 months to save anyone from being laid off. The President, Bill Hoyer, decided to fire his 30 year long time VP, and that's when everything changed. He hired Sigred Valk Feeney, who was promptly fired after 8 months. There were just too many bad decisions for business. Then, after buying a new building, which was a good decision since we had two buildings 5 miles apart, we were all excited and on board. Bill never gave us our 401k match back, but he did re-instate the 10% cut. After buying the building the banks wanted to know exactly where every penny was being earned on a DAILY basis. They decided to do a lay-off. So now, after 5 years of blood sweat and tears starting from ground zero in the non-rotational division, I'm laid off. It was challenging and I loved that. But a lot of people are bitter and hurting looking for work else where. I'm confident that with my credentials, I'll be fine :)
Just a job to punch in and out of
Raw Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 4, 2012
Upper management lacks the communication skills to keep employees in the loop. Every year the benefit and compensation package is cut down, with more and more out of pocket expenses for the employees. Profits have been increasing exponentially, yet nothing is passed on to the employees. The facility is in horrible shape, and in a very bad location: in a high crime area and down the street from a late night drinking establishment. Several times vehicles have been broken into in the parking lot, and employees harassed and assulted on break outside.
Pros
n/a
Cons
bad facilities, upper management lacking skills, ownership not vested in employees, unsafe work environment. high rate of turnover.
company offer some stability but the work is hard and the enviroment is heavy
Painter (Former Employee) –  rancho cucamonga, caSeptember 11, 2012
I did work temporaly, but the work I did was hard and the environment is heavy, the company offer overtime without this the job could be no good remunerate. I was laid off doing a good job, and all campanies that I work I did like general labor and the supervisors never know who work or not that is not good when you try to do your best
Pros
stability
Cons
no good benefits and enviroment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Precision Aerospace Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.