Precision CastParts
57Below average

Precision CastParts Employee Reviews

United States264 reviews
like i said. Work environment is okay but the management can be all over the place and its easy to get swept up at their pace. Just make sure you do your job good and right and you'll be fine
Pros
good pay
Cons
healthcare, can be moved shifts a lot
Company will be sold if there profits stay flat miserable place too work unless you’re close to retirement or don’t care like l didn’t.they need to promote within or place will continue to decline.inexperienced people Only causes frustration so happy to be working for a stress less company now
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managers
Definitely a company where you have to be thick skinned, but if you work hard it's a great place to have a career and the pay is good. Been here for one year.
Pros
Pay, advancement opportunity
Cons
Could use culture development
Any and every hourly employee is treated very expendable, no matter how long you’ve worked there. Management is comprised of some of the worst people I’ve ever met in my life. Higher ups use favoritism to Promote the workers they like outside of work and demote the worker that doesn’t participate in their clique culture, regardless of results. Not worth the pay, if you value your sanity.
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
Terrible management, terrible HR reps, sad people.
Worked at precision for 2 years on all shifts. I watched people that have been employeed there for years sit on parts while the new people had to keep their efficiency and quality up. Laid off due to covid.
Pros
pay
Cons
seniority
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Members of the team made me feel ostracized and not part of the team
Was ignored and not believed when I brought up tissues that were serious.no corrective action was taken for harassing employees
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
The people act clique ish
Precision CastParts has a cultural problem. They are run by anxious managers who believe that with enough data and enough monitoring, they can arbitrage their way to profits. The reality is that turns into micromanagement, demotivating meetings and requirements, and a complete loss of agency on the part of employees. Generally they want high performers on their team but they fail to recognize they need to attract them.

I would not say the current economic climate (Q2 2020) has made things absolutely worse, but they are failing to recognize that extraordinary times cannot just be met with layoffs, and that will solve all problems. In my own role, the biggest issue is that I am left reporting the same numbers several times because people are more focused on collecting data for themselves, rather than using the data they have to achieve results.
Pros
Actively tries to get the best out of its business
Cons
Cares absolutely little for employees
Good hourly jobs available. Very demanding on supervisors and managers. Very demanding goals always increased demand. Many hourly employees have worked there 40 plus years.
Not a good place to work if you value your career, personal growth, family or self worth because you will sell your soul for average pay and benefits.
My time at PCC Structurals was spent at the Steel facility. I worked with tenured employees in finance and benefits, who made it clear that they did not have to answer to anyone. They did not like to be told no or for anyone to suggest any efficiencies could be made for their productivity. They know all the right people, or just enough people that they can complain to or do favors for, in order to get them on their side.

Tenured steel plant employees on the production floor griped about everything and would threaten to retire or take down anyone in their way. It was like working with toddlers who didn't have a nap or missed their snack time.

I would imagine that PCC is a good place to work for those that want to just go in and do a job with their earbuds in and head down. In my experience, whether its on the production floor or in an office setting, if you have any thoughts about improving productivity or any other kind of suggestion, this is not the place for you.
Poor planning for the future. Does not care for employees. Management by decree not team. Does not appreciate suggestions. Culture is all about making money not customer service.
Liked working where. People were nice.good bonus program. Management could use some held. Over time most of the time. Clean work environment.benifits are pretty good
Great place to work, great group of guys to work with. Learned to work with a lot of new types of equipment. Wide variety of skills required, keeps things interesting. Easy to stay busy.
When my work life balance changed after starting a family and my spouse was having issues- There were times I was late to work, could not be at work, even with a Dr Note and was fired.
Don't get hurt, they'll try and make you do the job you got hurt doing while your workers comp case is open. Management does not care. You probably won't get properly trained and expected to do things you don't know how to do. When you make mistakes management won't tell you until quality decides to write you off. That nice pay isn't worth it when everyone works against you.
I love Pcc they are off weekends and only work 8 hours a day Monday thru Friday you can do as much overtime as you need to they have 3 different shifts
I worked there a few years ago and a few of the managers had some issues with me and eventually it led me to quit. I road my bike there and got off at 1am and road home 6 miles a night for my family. I hit my numbers, but was a little slow with grind for weld because of the material and working titanium. The overall company is great for someone looking for their first job or don’t care to be underpaid.
It worked into my life style, days and hours. For me, it was good until the major lay off. Danger type of work due to acid and automated equipment. If you are lucky enough to have a deadman to train you, all will be good. For the most part, the department looked out for you and was reasonably safe. Except for weekend night work, lots of events.
The job is exciting, fun, and easy learning. The people though, i wouldnt work there again. They dont care about u as a person and they dont care about building that company. I tried to help them and me as a good worker was under appreciated.
Difficult place to work. Corporate american is a challenge for anyone. More is required with less. It makes it difficult to have a good work life balance.
Horrible culture. Management was aggressive, unsupportive, and felt sabotaging at times. There was no work life balance and the compensation was below average.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Precision CastParts. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
2.3Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight