Precision Door Service Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Unproductive, Subjective Metrics, Weak/Inexperienced Management
Business Operations Manager supposedly (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 10, 2018
Very ambiguous work environment, no one knew their titles and hierarchy is nonexistent. Formal training is nonexistent, its an ok job if you like sit around and collect a paycheck. Work week is six days a week minimum, with no vacation offered for the first year. Was told by multiple employees that they were originally hired as a manager and ended up on the phones as sales agent. Seemed to have very high turnover.
Pros
Cons
Weak/Untrained management
they need to stay out of the comercial door industry.
commercial door tech (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXMay 4, 2018
I've been in the commercial door and dock industry for about 6 years. The Dallas- Fort worth office doesn't know anything about the commercial field. I wouldn't work for them ever again. They truly need to stay as a residential door company.
Great company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 13, 2018
Excellent owner and business practices. Company dedicated to absolute customer satisfaction. Pleasure to work here. Highly recommend them as an employer or for service.
Owner of san luis obispo,was a liar
Sales represenative,installation (Former Employee) –  San luis obispo,caMarch 11, 2018
Promised to hire friend,said had accident,death in family instead of interviewing then next day was playing a sporting event the next morning and just lied,horrible place to work for.Lies about everything.
Pros
Cons
Alot, too much to mention
Great place to work, learn about sales, work with your hands
SALES/ LEAD TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 16, 2018
- Run 4-5 calls a day repairing garage doors
- Learn how to install a garage door
- Learn about sales and practice on a daily basis
- Work with your hands
- Practice troubleshooting different types of problems
- Work in refining your skills to lead to your own financial success
- Boss that does his best to take care of his employees
- Excellent in house training in sales and garage door repair
- Good culture
- Long days and shorter days
- A job to challenge you to work harder to become successful
- High income potential
Pros
High income potential, steady job, decent benefits
Cons
Occasional long days, hard labor on installations
a learning experience
Garage Door Sales/Technician (Current Employee) –  Redford, MIJanuary 3, 2018
They take the time to ensure that you have ample a quality training, challenges were laid out on a regular basis, at least twice a week. weekly meetings were held consistently to ensure everyone was on the same page
Terrible place to work,run the other way
Sales and Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INDecember 15, 2017
Cheaters and liars, worst experience of my life working for them. All they care about is the money you bring in and when your on call you work until the last call In is complete, they don’t care if that’s at 3-4 am or not. 20 hour days just mean more money for them. Do yourself a favor and go to another door company.
Pros
Cons
Working there
Great work environment, caring owners
Door division mgr (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 12, 2017
Great place to learn a career in the garage door industry, great working environment good pay and great benefits, lots to learn and to grow by, great sales program
Big office with a shop
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 8, 2017
Great place to work,the people there were good to work with.Easy to learn the system that they had from the office to the techs on there computer pads.
Negative
Customer Service Manager / Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 25, 2017
I refuse to complete this review. Please do not ask me to review any more employers. I see that it wants 150 characters, but this is completely rediculous.
It was a nice place, very family oriented.
Customer Service Repersentative (Former Employee) –  Memphis TNAugust 17, 2017
I enjoyed working with everyone. It's very fast paced with high call volume. My job was changed weekly and one time it was changed twice in one week. I didn't get much training but was trying my best to do everything that was delegated to the best of my ability. I asked for help when needed, and took notes when being trained to do anything. The hardest part of this job for me was being first to answer the phones along with my other duties I had to complete in a certain time frame. There were a lot of times I'd have to stop what I was doing to answer the phone and help customers. There were times as soon as I got off a call another would be coming in and I would take the second and third call as well. While I was taking calls my other duties included, accounts payable and receivable, following up with previous days customers for three locations, contacting technicians to complete work orders, correcting discrepancies in customer accounts, printing previous day commercial estimates for review and sending them to the customer, and lead management. They have high office turnover.The most enjoyable part of this job for myself was the customer interaction.
Pros
Customer interaction, family oriented.
Cons
Only 30 minutes for lunch, no other breaks, and minimal training.
Excellent place to work great opportunitys to Excell at life and offers challenging atmosphere and great opportunity
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 13, 2017
Excellent place to work great opportunitys to Excell at life lots of fun people as well as good opportunity to meet new people on the road staff is fanomanal
Pros
Work at your pace as long as your on time
Excellent workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 24, 2017
Great company to be employees at, fun and energetic atmosphere, caring employer and coworkers, management is very helpful, reliable, and available. Busy days
Pros
Great company all together to work for
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent Company to start a new career
Technician and Sales General Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 15, 2017
Precision Overhead Garage Door Service is excellent place to break into a new career. They provide weekly and quarterly training. Also provide one on one training.
One of the best jobs to be at
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLMay 3, 2017
Precision is a great job. You answer phones and schedule appointments for customers who are looking for repairs, estimates or new garage doors. I learned a lot about garage doors and customer service in general. The management is fair and loves to see advancement from their employees. I loved speaking to people all over the country and just enjoyed this job all around.
Highly Motivated to ensure a good customer experience.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Las VegasFebruary 14, 2017
Great teamwork, everyone helps each other. Owner attempts to make compensation fair for busy times. (does not always work)
Easy job to burn out at with the on call schedule. Small business environment so must be able to deal with a variety of extreme personalities.
Makes other jobs feel like you are not working.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Not at a good work / life balance
Nice work environment, work/life balance not ideal
Sales and Technician (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJanuary 18, 2017
Nice place to work for a "job" ideal job for a single person with no family. Get to work at 7:30am, i would get my schedule for the day. a job every 2 hours starting at 8,10,12, 2, 4, 6pm. We cover most of central to south eastern part of the state. Logistics could be better as you could have an hours drive between jobs.

I enjoy the fact the you have unlimited earning potential, but the 12-14 hours day can be difficult after a while. You miss out on the family life as you start work at 7:30 and don't get back to the shop until 8 sometimes 9pm.
Pros
unlimited earning potenial
Cons
pay does not equal the hours spent
Overall
Door Installer (Former Employee) –  PhoenixJanuary 14, 2017
Company was good every so often, a lot of nonsense you had to deal with to make a living. Always have to worry day by day if you will have a job after some random nonsense.
wonderful staff
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MIJanuary 11, 2017
love working with this crew, very fun to work for. grreat pay if you are a tech. alwyas willy to help, great hours and good benefits. hard working and wonderful ethics
Left During Training
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Las VegasOctober 21, 2016
I was hired to be an installer with the possibility of being a technician.. Technicians complain about everything. The guy training me would quit twice a day and blame the lady in the office. My fist day the lady who hired me had to tell the manager to train me.
The manager would make fun of me when I was in the office. The lady who hired me quit, I did not go back after . I did not want to work for the manager.
Pros
was not there long enough to find the pros.
Cons
The manager in charge of the techs will make fun of you.