Precision Drilling
Happiness rating is 70 out of 100

Precision Drilling Employee Reviews

United States281 reviews

Oilfield

It's typical oilfield. Show up work hard maybe you will advance, maybe you won't. I like the schedule. I enjoy this work. Management needs to step it up. Turnover rate is ridiculous.

Pros

Schedule, pay

Cons

Turnover rate, management, favoritism

Don’t do it

You need a lot of money to even start working. You do ALOT of useless travel. I worked there for one week and in that week, I drove to three different states. They tell you to buy all this stuff but you never know if your hitch will be a day or a month.

Pros

Good pay eventually

Cons

Very poor HR and management

Precision Drilling insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things

Rig910

Great company great experience with rig 910 the environment was very good and safe. I have learned many things with grey wolf the crew was very helpful to each and every employee

Not the best

Can't afford nothing with the pay and travel. Only good thing was the schedule 28/14 but most rigs don't do that either anymore. Then like all oil field jobs just a matter of time til your laid off.

Decent job

A lot has changed. Some buddy-buddy working environments now. Really have to know someone to make sure you keep a job. Expect to keep your mouth shut and just work and do as you are told. Schedule is for some, others are forced to work extra or job will be threatened.

Pros

Good money, good schedule

Cons

Dirty job

Family based life work style. Oilfield life.

Amazing compny just need more understanding people and realize not everyone has the same skill set. Canadians. they treat Americams different p for first hitch. Good pay and nice camps. Old school way of the rigs. Good discipline and loves brake handle rigs with real tongs.

Pros

Per diem

Cons

No breaks

I was brand new to the whole oilfield thing. Everyone was super helpful and would have one on one talks helping me.

Best people in the world. Super helpful and caring. Management was always asking how I was. Gave me a mentor to help me every step of the way. Even off hours your crew helped you adjust to this new lifestyle.

Pros

Fun people Caring Good pay

Cons

No breaks or lunch

Safety standards are not adhered to.

This should be a very good company. but it's not. If you get injured, expect to get in trouble if you report it. There are policies in place to help protect employees and foster a safe work environment, but they are often not followed. If you speak up about it you'll have a target on your back.Also, it would help if you learned Spanish. Otherwise, you'll be unwelcome in the cliques.

Pros

Good work/life balance. Decent compensation.

Cons

Poor leadership at the rig manager and operations levels. So. much. drama.

Typical roughneckin'

I worked with this company for over 2 years at the floorhand position. Went in with absolutely no experience, learned a lot, made a few friends, had a great experience, made some decent money. It's hard to compete with the pay as an entry level job, and the time off, but for me after two years there was only so much I was willing to take after a while. Not a job for someone that isn't sure what they wanna do. You gotta want it to make it out there

Pros

man camps, work rotation, pay

Cons

job responsibilities

Good Money/ terrible culture

I’ve been working for PD for 7 years and honestly they are not good to work for. The advancement is very slow for people who just do their job and keep their nose clean. Just a dishonest back stabbing culture.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Dishonest management from top down

Cool place

Flexible, it was OK at first then I started at another location and it turned great the sense of team effort and working alone if needed made it pretty cool.

Extremely Physical Job, Not For the Faint of Heart

This job was the most physically demanding role I have ever had. Your chances for advancement are low and even if you do advance, your reward is more work. The company just mandated either the vaccine or weekly Covid testing. It seemed like we never had the stuff we needed to do a job properly. The rig I was on was junk and created so many headaches. If you want to bust your butt day in and day out and are mechanically inclined, this might be the place for you. Also, if you quit within 90 days of hire, they will charge you for everything even if you give it back. Drug test, coveralls, hard hat, etc.

Pros

Decent Pay, OK benefits

Cons

Basically everything else.

Great pay and great place to work and awesome opportunity and can’t wait for my first hitch. They have been so informative and helpful. Can’t wait to get started

Pros

Perdium

Cons

Long ways away from home

No time for family should have two weeks off a month to go home to family

Was in a great relationship it eneded due to not having time for family thought it was 1 week off 2 on and the dont care about families and how it affects you.

Pros

Coworkers help eachother

Cons

No family life you will die alone and destroy a marriage

I am so happy working two week on and two week off system

Presicion drilling give me the opportunity to learning more and getting training on there drilling equipment Also they send me to NOV training center to train me on their drilling equipment

Target Zero

I would recommend PD to any and all individuals with a great attitude, a put out work ethic to apply. They take care of their employees. You can move up the chain fast.

You are immediately judged

Upper management in Colorado is disguising, your either on the click or not. THEY HAVE UP FRONT JUDGEMENT. The field Superintendent gives little to no help & expects the world out of you. You work 18 to 24 hours a day and get no appreciation for anything you do. They expect 100% out of you and give 10%

Cons

Junk equipment and poor management

The management at PCPSL is a joke they can’t plan ahead for anything and lie to their hands. The equipment is old and not capable of working properly.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Inconsistent work lazy workers and managers

Long hours but its only 2 weeks then 2 weeks off

Only reason I'm no longer with the company is because of the slow down and covid 19 otherwise I would still be working for them. Good company to work for and you have a chance to move up

The safety programs

The safety culture starts from the top. The company try’s to make it the safest and most efficient place to work. You give up a lot of family time but it is self satisfaction of knowing that you can make a difference.

Pros

For the most part it is like one big family

Cons

Time of service doesn’t matter

Great money if you sacrifice the time away from home/family.

Roughnecking is not for everybody, great money, hard work, you work holidays, bdays, weekends, etc.. good people, I'd go back if I could, save your extra money, work safe, always remember this about the oil field, "if you wont put your dick in it, don't put your finger in it" this will help you keep all your fingers. enjoy!

Pros

one of the highest paid drilling companies

Cons

oil field life, sacrifice time away from home

Common questions about Precision Drilling

Answered by current and former employees at Precision Drilling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Precision Drilling. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Precision Drilling with

Precision Drilling reviews by popular job title

• Precision Drilling