Precision Drilling

Precision Drilling Employee Reviews

Only reason I'm no longer with the company is because of the slow down and covid 19 otherwise I would still be working for them. Good company to work for and you have a chance to move up
Was in a great relationship it eneded due to not having time for family thought it was 1 week off 2 on and the dont care about families and how it affects you.
Pros
Coworkers help eachother
Cons
No family life you will die alone and destroy a marriage
Presicion drilling give me the opportunity to learning more and getting training on there drilling equipment Also they send me to NOV training center to train me on their drilling equipment
I would recommend PD to any and all individuals with a great attitude, a put out work ethic to apply. They take care of their employees. You can move up the chain fast.
Upper management in Colorado is disguising, your either on the click or not. THEY HAVE UP FRONT JUDGEMENT. The field Superintendent gives little to no help & expects the world out of you. You work 18 to 24 hours a day and get no appreciation for anything you do. They expect 100% out of you and give 10%
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
The management at PCPSL is a joke they can’t plan ahead for anything and lie to their hands. The equipment is old and not capable of working properly.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Inconsistent work lazy workers and managers
The safety culture starts from the top. The company try’s to make it the safest and most efficient place to work. You give up a lot of family time but it is self satisfaction of knowing that you can make a difference.
Pros
For the most part it is like one big family
Cons
Time of service doesn’t matter
Roughnecking is not for everybody, great money, hard work, you work holidays, bdays, weekends, etc.. good people, I'd go back if I could, save your extra money, work safe, always remember this about the oil field, "if you wont put your dick in it, don't put your finger in it" this will help you keep all your fingers. enjoy!
Pros
one of the highest paid drilling companies
Cons
oil field life, sacrifice time away from home
Very safety oriented.Corporate office uninvolved and disconnected with employees.Compensation near top of field.Not loyal to longtime employees.Occasionally disregards placement of employees.
Pros
Pay, time off, benefits
Cons
Travel time, promotion, loyalty
Too far from home but overall good living quarters, will definitely put you to the test at starting positions. Would recommend being in good shape and getting good sleep.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Living on site, traveling.
PD was like my family. The pay was great, PTO, vacation, etc. When covid hit I got laid off due to no fault of Precision's. I would absolutely reccomend them!!!
Pros
Pay, pto, vacation
I enjoyed working with Precision Drilling, I worked with an awesome team but unfortunately because of the Coronavirus Pandemic. I and several people were laid off.
Pros
Great breakfast and lunches from vendors
Cons
No raises and bonuses
Company has good field level management and emphasis is on keeping workers safe. At senior level business is business. The stated Core Values are really nothing more than good bumper sticker material. The company use to value its employees and customers but the CEO is a poor Capitan of a sinking ship. Unfortunate that he has steered this once great company onto the reef and only a select few stand to make it to the lifeboat. The ground level supervisors and managers put their hearts into the job and perform well for the customers but are treated like expendable cogs rather than the breadwinners of the company. For shame Precision Drilling Board of directors and Senior Management.
Pros
Industry Par wages
Cons
Poor Benefits
If the company actually followed their own policies outside of the rig and into the maintenance department, this review would go differently. They have people in charge in areas that absolutely nobody has a clue why or how they became in charge. No direction, no support, no leadership.
Cons
Your hard work and dedication will be noticed and promotions are available. They are a fair company. Good pay all the hrs you want and very nice equipment
Precision is a great company to work for I had the CEO, CFO, V.P all the way downs phone numbers and email I could contact them at any point and time
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Precision is a good company to work for. Being a hard working individual I felt I was able to move through the ranks in a appropriate manner. I would work for the. Again.
I really enjoyed my 7 years with Precision Drilling and the family aspect of the company. However this is fully dependent on what crew you’re put on and if you get a crew of “old schoolers” get a transfer. I feel that the entire oilfield is trying to make a change and Pd for the most part has a great program. As far as corporate goes they do hold true to their employees and they do what they say. As far as what actually goes on out the rig it’s different, sometimes they do have your back and sometimes they stab you in the back. I would still be working at Precision, however I felt that it was getting very political and that the old schoolers need to be weeded out for the change to actually happen. The old schoolers are extremely irrational, unmotivating, and extremely dishonest. When the office staff comes out everything is by the book and safety is implemented greatly, as soon as they leave, it’s back to hurry hurry hurry. I found it very confusing and I don’t like dishonesty especially in someone who is supposed to be a leader.
the job is constantly changing, so the ability to learn and move up is all levered on the individual, the safety culture is great, its not far fetched and it is the type of safety skills one can take home and apply to your everyday personal life. The atmosphere is challenging and rewarding.
Precision is really average with other drilling companies out there. I feel they are too big a company to care for each and every individual employee. Although pay and benefits are good, it’s just not as family oriented as I would have hoped.
Very casual/oilfield work environment at some divisions. Pay is decent, good benefits and support from team. Room for advancement for most positions. Opportunity to take on different roles.
  1. Employee Reviews