Precision Drilling Employee Reviews

Learning experience.
Class A CDL Driver / Driller / Estimator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, NJFebruary 22, 2018
It was an experience. I did learn about the drilling industry. Recieved a license i would not have had otherwise. There were no long term benefits . So leaving was good.
good company
Derrick Hand (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJanuary 31, 2018
I loved working for Precision. They are a very safe company. great benefits. Possibilities to move up quickly. I would recommend my friends to apply for this company
Quick passed always busy doing something
Floor Hand (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COJanuary 20, 2018
Not a bad place to work management is awsome. They understand that you have a life outside of work and will do there best to make sure you can be there for your famiky if you need to be.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Very productive. Easy to learn.
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 13, 2018
Great place to work. Sad to have left.
Fantastic management team. Hours were perfect.
Relaxed and efficient working environment!
Learned how to drive a forklift and also about drilling rigs!
Good place to work at
Derrickman (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXDecember 28, 2017
I wouldn’t mind going back to work for precision Drilling. I would recommend friends to work there. Good job schedule 14-14. Good Rigs to work on and precision drilling cares about their employees
pretty good place to work if your a single person.
floorhand (Former Employee) –  Eunice, LADecember 25, 2017
I didn't work at Precision Drilling for very long. I only worked there about a year & a few months in all. I guess it was a pretty decent place to work. It kind of seemed hard for advancement. I guess there was just too many competitive employees that worked around me! Too much "DOG EAT DOG" or "BACKSTAB THE OTHER MAN" issues going on inside the company. Besides all of the safety paperwork, that's about the only real problem I had with the company the whole time that I worked there.
Pros
you work around fairly nice people.
Cons
way too much paperwork even as a rig hand.
Great company for the drilling industry.
Electrical Foreman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2017
This was my favorite company to work for, until I went to work for my current employer. Were it not for the downturn in O&G, I'd probably still be there. They had a collaborative team environment, valued their employees and empowered them. Not many companies these days realize their employees are their most valuable asset.
Pros
Great workplace culture, safety culture and strong leadership.
Cons
Occasional long hours; but that's oil and gas.
FLOOR HAND (Former Employee) –  Cresson, TXDecember 11, 2017
The company was and is a great company to work for and the pay was great for the work we did I mena its the oilfield and your working on a drilling rig and they stress safety to the max . Be safe go home to your family.
Awesome Company
Floor/Derrick Hand, Driller/Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 17, 2017
This is a great company to work for! There was nothing about this job that i didn't like. I wish i could have stayed working with this company. Management team was awesome!
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
Good money but not a stable job
Derrick Hand/Floor Hand (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAOctober 29, 2017
This company provides great money and benefits but the fact that you never know if you are going to have work one day or be laid off the next is the bad part of this company. Overall descent company to work for.
Great company. They arnt afraid to move someone up of they think hes ready.
Derrick Hand/Floor Hand (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 27, 2017
8 months went from floors to derricks. Never been moved this fast at nabor,nomac,Trinidad, or savanna. Best drill company iv worked for in my 5 years in this beautiful mess.
Pros
Off half the year, good pay, quick advancement.
Cons
Gone half the year
Stressful job ,, but great pay
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2017
Precision Drilling is a very stressful company to work for. Management has poor people skills and needs to be properly trained.
Job security is minimal.
Good company
Motor hand (Former Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 6, 2017
Good company to work for , i worked in Colorado, digging was fast and was expected to be that way, all unibores. Money was changed back to rocky mt division pay after the first few hitches where we were still getting ND pay. So that sucked, but otherwise good iron, good people
Pros
Good Iron
Cons
the normal.
Good people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDSeptember 18, 2017
Equipment was a little outdated, making it difficult to compete with more modern companies. The managers were decent people, however they were often out of touch with the Williston location. I never even met my boss face-to-face the whole time I worked there. They were also plagued with lots and lots of injuries, near misses and other safety related issues.
Enjoyable and relaxed atmosphere
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Eunice, LASeptember 15, 2017
It was a very enjoyable/relaxed place to work and was hoping to be hired permanently. Unfortunately, there was not a position available and they have since closed that office. It was really interesting to me, as I had never worked for the oil industry. The company had land and offshore rigs.
Pros
Breakfast and lunch were provided on a regular basis from various sales reps
Cons
Bored at times
Good place to work hard and earn a good living for your family.
Floor Hand/ Roughneck (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 17, 2017
Although a tough and dangerous work environment, Precision targets towards working efficiently, but always with the goal of eliminating injuries alltogether.
Pros
Their priority is safety first.
Cons
None. - Just be ready to work.
long hours but worth the pay
Floor Hand (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 15, 2017
good money and per diem. 14 and 14 is nice until you 14 days at work are without your family. Hard work but it pays off. Easy to move up if you prove yourself
Great company
Derrick Hand (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2017
Started as a derrick hand, at a good pay rate with good hours. Decent benefits and good supervisors. Would like to find a job that will hold up to these standards.
n/a
Rig Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2017
hard to move up and advance with this company.
they hire inexperienced people and its a very stressful and cut throat company to work for. HR department is messed up also.
Good pay bad management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXAugust 6, 2017
During my time working in PD i enjoyed that it was very busy and i my days went by very fast, nice free meals and birthdays gifts however being in a such a small town the mentality was.. well small, nevertheless i did enjoy my time working there.