Precision for Medicine

Working at Precision for Medicine: 45 Reviews

United States45 reviews

teamenvironmentcompanyemployeepeoplemanagementplacegood

Hyper efficient corporate environment

The company is excellent. It is efficient, intelligent, and offers great pay, benefits, and advancement opportunities

Competitive

We’re not here to bash all competition...that’s just not right! Healthy forms of competition in any scenario can be great motivators for those employees who are a bit too comfortable

Precision for Medicine insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
  • General feeling of work happiness

Overwhelming projects

It’s a fast working environment. Overwhelming number of projects with limited staff. Staff replacement very slow once someone quits. The work gets put upon the staff that stays. Poor bonus and pay raise. Top staff in the company goes unheard. Interview decisions are made vaguely by one person without consulting with scientific staff.

Pros

Free lunch once a week, flexible schedule

Cons

Short staffed, poor scheduling and lack of scientific quality in experiments

Not a Good Place to work

A lot of bad apples in the bunch. Many do not do there jobs. Most employees spend the day gossiping about others. There are many nice hard working people but they are overshadowed by the bad apples.

Terrible company

This place was the most horrific company to work for . Without getting into detail it was the most toxic and unprofessional work environment I ever experienced in my life. Take the time to look elsewhere. They are always hiring because they cannot find people that will stay.

Rewarding workplace

Knowing that I work for a company that has so many teams of individuals all working towards helping the community, country, and even the world is a very rewarding experience. Every team is different but from my experience management is very flexible, you are able to explore work in other departments if you desire, and there are a lot of different positions throughout the company. Benefits are on the pricey side but the coverage is top tier. Workplace culture is very dynamic. Yearly reviews are more tedious than I find necessary, but they are also rewarding in the long run.

Awesome middle management

Fun place to work, awesome with needing time off. Just wish it was more organized and departments communicated better with each other, things would run smoother

Productive and fun

Great team of hardworking researchers that truly believe in the work they do. Supportive managers. Good pay and opportunity for growth. Training is provided on per need basis.

Flexibility and Accountability

Precision has been excellent with schedule flexibility and PTO when needed. The culture is great. The company is growing and there are opportunities for advancement.

No work life balance

Don’t be fooled by management’s positive reviews. This place is extremely chaotic. You can never get anything done because there is way too much work to do. Be prepared to work long nights and weekends. Also be prepared to submit timecards as a salaried employee. Many people don’t know what is going on here. Training is not great. Often you learn by feeling your way in the dark.

Pros

Work remote from anywhere in the world

Cons

Long hours, chaotic, lacking processes, poor training

Challenging yet very rewarding environment with great career advancement opportunities

The career opportunities are outstanding as the company continues to grow. The work culture is very positive and collaboration within your team, with other teams onsite and even with global teams is very rewarding. With the exception of entry level roles, this is a very faced paced environment so prioritization and ability to multitask is a must but management and peers are very supportive as we all are working towards the same goal - supporting the success of clinical trials!

Pros

Cultural/Gender Identity/Orientation Acceptance, Career Advancement, Company Growth, Flexible Work Schedule with Remote Work Opportunities

Cons

Off Hours work required for global teams to support international labs/clients, Growing pains as new systems are implemented, short-staffing issues due to exponential growth

Busy CRO with varied and engaging work

Fast-paced environment and fast-growing company. Many interesting projects with direct benefits to human health. Hard work is expected but also rewarded. Many opportunities for professional growth, but you have to show the initiative and seek out those opportunities. You must be able to meet deadlines to succeed.

Pros

Good transparency from senior leadership

Cons

Growing pains (not fully staffed)

Always important work to do!

There is structure, but no day is a typical day at work and this is great, because there is always something new to learn. I believe this encourages a positive workplace culture. Management has the Needs of the company and each employee at the core of major decisions.The hardest part of the job of Precision is controlling the amount of time you spend working; which is difficult because, the most enjoyable part of the job is the Work!

Pros

No punching a clock

Cons

May need more people to do the work

Great company to build your career!

The opportunities to contribute are limitless - if your looking to take ownership of your career, believe in Life Sciences, and want to be compensated for your contributions - consider Precision

Pros

Strong Colleagues to collaborate

Cons

Not a place for wallflowers

Amazing work environment

Precision offers a stellar work team with amazing management that truly cares for their employees! Working at Precision is like being with family every single day.

Pros

Salary, Personal time, benefits, productive management team

Growing Company, Quality Driven, promotes teamwork, Friendly environment, Cohesive teams,

I love working at this company I felt welcomed from day 1. Management is very supportive and wants you to succeed. The culture is positive and encourages teamwork and values new ideas and strives for continuous improvement. Management is accessible and makes time for you if you have questions or need to talk. The work can be hectic at times, and as we grow we must multitask and prioritize to get tasks completed by deadlines, however the work is stimulating and I learn something new every day.

Pros

Great people, Growing company, compensation and benefits are good, Flexible work schedule when needed.

Cons

With growth, comes need for additional staffing, and some growing pains, Communication between departments is not as good as it should be.

Great company to work for

I joined Precision a couple of months ago and here is what I have experienced so far. First, my manager is amazing. She is direct and coaches rather than dictating what has to be done. She is also fair and realistic in her expectations. Second, my manager is investing in me, providing access to a coach to help me navigate some of the landmines that are common at any workplace. Third, 99% of the employees I've interacted with here are great people. They are intelligent, work hard, and really bring the enthusiasm to the team. There are some that are a little less enthusiastic, but at the end of the day, those people are that way for a reason. Any new person in a managerial role can make people nervous. Overall, I'm happy that I chose to come work here. We all help each other out and it's a fun group to work with. Precision is well-respected in the field and is known to be reliable for their flow cytometry and other capabilities. The drawbacks would be mostly due to the rapid growth of the company and there are some shifts that will have to happen to make things work efficiently. When a company is small, you have to wear multiple hats and perform multiple functions. But that can be a problem in a larger organization. The other issue is, with the growth and shifts in the company, people are uncertain about what is happening. As a result there are some silos being formed. But there is an ongoing effort to break down those silos so we can focus on the projects and the science rather than be worried about what the future holds.

Pros

Great team, great reputation, exposure to cutting edge research

Cons

Heavy workload, processes need to be revised to allow for growth, general growing pains.

Rapidly growing company that allows you to advance as quickly as your output allows

This company is growing rapidly and consistently adding new business. This creates a fast paced work environment with little down time making the work day pass quickly. Management reward hard work and always provides opportunities to take on more responsibility and move up within the company. The variety of new tasks also leads to a large variety of learning opportunities. Work is typically independent in nature after the initial training allowing you to develop your own work flow and manage your own time. Managers keep themselves available for procedural questions throughout the day. People are easy to get along with and everyone ,whether they are in your department or not, is willing to answer your questions. With the fast growth of the company there are definitely growing pains that are sometimes felt as a lack in organization in the research roles as priorities can shift rapidly. Issues resulting from these shifts though are typically resolved quickly. Pay scales have seen some major adjustments in the past year with certain roles being overlooked resulting in pay standards that do not correlate to experience where educational requirements are involved, favoring the entry level jobs.

Pros

Fast-paced, promotion capability, learning opportunities, personal attitudes

Cons

Pay

Saving Lives and Employing Great People

I love that I can come to work and know that I am working to get drugs on the market to treat cancers and rare diseases. This supportive environment allows us to work as a team, free of competition. As a manager, I feel supported by senior leadership so I can build and maintain a team of high performers. Sometimes it is difficult to meet tight timelines requested by customers, but I appreciate that my team will always do their best!

Pros

Saving lives with modern medicine, Supportive teams

Cons

Tight timelines

Awesome place to work! Friendly co-workers and willing to help when needed.

My typical day is I walk into work and I'm immediately greeted with good morning. That's the best way to start a day! Starting a new job is always stressful because you don't know what to expect but I've been trained in several areas and have learned so much about different departments. Upper management will stop by asking if I need anything and that makes me feel very welcomed. I've done several jobs for others and it makes you feel great when they notice and they go out of their way to tell you. It's great to feel appreciated!

Pros

Staff appreciation day just because with an ice cream/shaved ice truck! Who wouldn't like that.

Toxic work culture & terrible management

Precision for medicine is the worst company I've ever worked for. They will low ball you on your salary. Management is disorganized so you are always rushing to meet some sort of timeline. There is no work life balance. My team was expected to work on weekends. They would give us a "comp day" for doing so, but good luck trying to use up those comp days before they start racking up like crazy. Bottom line is DO NOT WORK HERE!

Common questions about Precision for Medicine

Answered by current and former employees at Precision for Medicine

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Precision for Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits