Precision Marshall Steel Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 14, 2019
Management is pretty and abuse a weak contract with their unions employees. There is a major disconnect in communication resulting in unrealistic productivity goals.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Great company to work for
ISA (Current Employee) –  BOLINGBROOK, ILDecember 13, 2018
PM Steel is definitely a great company to work for and that is the reason that I am still here. The previous Office Manager lacked management skills and no longer works here so besides that being the only problem I have seen, EVERYTHING else is PERFECT!!!! The entire PM Steel Family gets along well, compensation is fabulous, work environment is terrific, and always happy when I am at work!
Pros
Great pay, Benefits, And co-workers
Cons
Rather have an earlier shift opposed to 8-5
Precision Marshall Steel
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 14, 2018
Great company to work for. Tired of the drive due to increased traffic and road construction. Co-workers are great and always step up to the task at hand. Management is excellent.
Pros
Great co-workers and healthcare.
Cons
Time of travel to work
Great pay, great benefits, busy workplace
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Production FloorMay 19, 2017
This is a good place to work. There were a few bad apples that were spoiling things but they have moved on. The pay is great and much higher than everywhere else and you don't have to wait for an annual bonus. If you do your job, work well with others and like to work - this is a good place. If you like drama, are lazy or are selfish then its not the place to be.
Pros
High Pay
Cons
have to work weekends and shifts
High production plant. They always keep you busy.
GFS associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, PANovember 9, 2016
The pay is good. The company has a long history. They always keep you busy. Always something to do. Cross training helps keep your mind occupied.
Pros
Pay
Good but not great
UNION GROUP LEADER (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILSeptember 7, 2016
Good pay and benefits. Not quite the place for someone looing to advance their career. Working in a union shop is nice but when you top out on pay that's where you stay.
Bad management. low morale.
Production Employee (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAJanuary 22, 2016
This place has been talked about for decades as the best factory to work at in Washington county, but as for the last 5-8 years that has all changed for the worse. Do yourself a favor and don't pay attention to the pay. That's how they lure you in. I promise you that you will whole heartedly regret it taking a position at this small potatoes company
Pros
above avergae pay
Cons
Too many to count.
Team Lead for this company has been a wonderful challange experience
Machinist (Team Lead) Floater (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 12, 2015
Distribute the work load among employees. I learned that as a team player anything is possible when we are on the same page. My management team are always reliable and honest with us. The co workers I work with are a great bunch of guys we work hard and as a team. The hardest part of the day is getting the last minute orders out the door before our day is over. The best part of the day is seeing no orders in the bins and being noticed what we did as a team.
Pros
great insurance and benefits
Cons
the distance from my home