Precision Pipeline Solutions Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Like working in the field cold in the winter working days goes quick
Independent Contractor/Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYJune 12, 2018
I'm outside most of the time or inside it sucks when it rains but I get through the the somehow sometimes u gotta beware of the dogs for safety and etc
Great job for those willing to work hard
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 30, 2018
PPS gives you an opportunity to prove your worth, nothing is handed to you like some of the previous reviews whined about. It’s a labor intensive job that can be extremely dangerous if you cut corners. The harder you work the better you will be rewarded in terms of raises and advancement. If you are fine with doing the bare minimum and collecting a paycheck then you will spend a long time at the pay rate you got hired at. Safety is paramount at PPS, and you can look forward to being inspected daily on your job to ensure you aren’t cutting corners. I recommend this job to everyone I know that is looking for work, there’s nothing better than working outdoors and making good money.
Pros
Pay, management, flexibility.
Cons
Other than foreman the vehicles aren’t take home.
decent
Meter technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2018
A decent job . learned many things with pps. Not a stressful job . Amazing people to work with. its not a secured job. amazing leaders . & the company is growing
Pros
freedom
Cons
pension, health benefit . not paid during unfortunate weather conditions
Always opportunity to advance .
Stray voltage tech. (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYNovember 16, 2017
Working at old was an adventure. The company was growing upwards of 58% a year and we as employees were called upon to wear many hats which I believe made the company even stronger. It pushed us out of any comfort zone we might of had and expanded our minds to be more creative thinking outside the box.
Pros
Encouraged to help the company to grow
Cons
One draw back to encouraging ideas is competition.
Fast Paced
LABORER (Former Employee) –  New Windsor, NYOctober 23, 2017
This company was a fast paced utility company in which I got certified with NGA (Natural Gas Association) as well as an OSHA 10 certification. I enjoyed working with the co workers and foreman.
No bad
Meter Reader (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  New Windsor, NYAugust 18, 2017
I worked for them as a meter reader. Everyone was nice never hand an issue. Money was ok. You had a company vehicle. No supervisor on your back. Off weekends.
Pros
Company vehicle, decent pay.
Cons
No advancement really.
Teamster truck driver (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHAugust 2, 2017
I was hired on after speaking with the steward and traveling 1000 miles from Florida. With 4 weeks they began layoffs due to losing their drilling permits. The money was great. Management was very good. Just disappointing to be laid off after only 30 days.
Educational
Gas line installer (Former Employee) –  New Windsor, NYMarch 25, 2017
Learning about what natural gas is and how we benefit from it is amazing. The crew is always trying to lay out more lines then the other it was a great experience and i will never forget it
Pros
free gatorade
Cons
seasonal
Wgl
Foreman (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 3, 2017
Great company to work, they are going thru new ownership but cause theythey were just bought out. Union based company. Advancement might take a while but it can be worth the wait. The President and Vice President of the company are tremendous guys.
Pros
Long days or nights, shift work
Cons
Good people to work with
Great Company to work for
Worker (Current Employee) –  New Windsor, NYJanuary 26, 2017
I have nothing negative to say great company and relaxed environment. For any entry level individual, this is one of the best companies to learn from to have a great understanding of utility companies.
Most of time in the field
Cathodic Protection Inspector (Current Employee) –  New Windsor, NYDecember 29, 2016
A typical work day in PPS is routine testing of the potential of the buried pipe by measuring the pipe to soil potential, I improve my location skill at PPS. Most of the time we work alone, The management provide the necessary tools and co-workers are usually helpful when contacted for assistance, every job is fun but sometimes routine in nature. I like trouble shooting,
Pros
hotel accommodation and company vehicle
Cons
Lay off during winter
could care less about its employees
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  New Windsor, NYDecember 21, 2016
could care less about its employees, insurance is horrable , useless laborers, foremen get angry an through you under bus when operators know more than them
decent job
field technician (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTFebruary 16, 2016
you learn multiple things which is nice. all new construction so if you like being outside for multiple hours at a time this is the job for you. co workers are kind of rude and they really dont help you much in the field. no set time to get out of work.
It's an old mans club
Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYFebruary 12, 2016
Not a great place to work by any means, they'll promise you the world and you'll show up and be given no direction, no help, and no constructive criticism. Worst mistake I made was turning down other offers to take this one, pay sounded good initially, hired me for certain hours, showed up 1 day later to find out hours had completely changed and I was never notified. They spend more time worrying where people park in the parking lot then improving their management.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
horrible managment
Excellent job to get started in the Utility Field
Field Technician/Installer/Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYOctober 15, 2015
Working for PPS was a pleasure. Each you were given a new route and place to work. Every day was different and had its own troubles to conquer. The job keep your busy and motivated to accomplish more. I learned the entire basics of meter reading and installing amr upgrades. I learned the basics of natural gas and how to handle and be around it. Throughout the day I watched for maintenance issues and reported them I reported utility theft. I did new customer turn ons and service shutoffs. I submitted monthly billing information for billing.
The management was organized and efficient and made sure you had whatever you needed, whenever you needed it. They were always willing to help you out, correct you if needed and teach you new ways and techniques. The co-workers were fun to be around and work with. There was a common goal and all were set out to achieve it. The hardest part of the job would be getting in to peoples homes to get an actually reading. The most enjoyable part of the job was accomplishing goals and being able to problem solve.
Strict about saftey, otherwise very unprofessional
A.M.R. Installer/Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJuly 26, 2015
The team leads weren't very enthusiastic, just kind of went through the motions. Very inconsistent with work equipment, Never could expect the same work vehicle or processor.
Pros
fellow workers were easy going.
Cons
Not very accomodating to workers needs
Most unprofessional Company I have ever worked for
Meter Reader/ERT TECH (Current Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: got paid
Cons: too many to list.....let me start with if you need job & can work in ANY weather condition & know this is not a career (as much as they tell you it is) then more power to you! UNPROFESSIONAL management, micromanaging, rules change daily (if it was a rule last week, they probably forgot about that rule Monday morning),staff lies about everything, job security there is NONE, if you are told they have a contract that ends in a year or 2 expect to be laid off or fired 9 months before that happens....what a JOKE!
Eh
Contractor for National Grid (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Not a secure job because of contracts and there is almost no advancement. Want you to work in down pours and all sorts of terrible weather but doesn't supply you with clothing to do so.
productive but unorganized
Natural Gas Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 24, 2014
As a construction field they have decent training n field work. but we have no relief crews we have worked full 24 hours at a time with out a 8 hour relief period, also does not pay on the scale of job titles.
Pros
advancement
Cons
no breaks, relief crews, disregards certain work laws, no scheduled off time
This place sucks
Meter Reader (Current Employee) –  Long Island NYJune 30, 2014
Everyone wants to be a boss and tell people what to do they say their getting anther contract with national grid but there not everybody is going to get laid off on Long Island people are trying make this a career but it's not happening beware this job is not going to last long
Pros
Sucks
Cons
Sucks