Precision Pipeline Solutions Employee Reviews for Technician

Always opportunity to advance .
Stray voltage tech. (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYNovember 16, 2017
Working at old was an adventure. The company was growing upwards of 58% a year and we as employees were called upon to wear many hats which I believe made the company even stronger. It pushed us out of any comfort zone we might of had and expanded our minds to be more creative thinking outside the box.
Pros
Encouraged to help the company to grow
Cons
One draw back to encouraging ideas is competition.
Excellent place to work!
Stray Voltage Tech. (Current Employee) –  New Windsor, NYMarch 31, 2014
PPS is a great place to work! Keep in mind, the job takes place outdoors so if you don't like being outside, don't bother. Me, I love it! Every day is different and you get to see and experience of kind of things. It's never boring. Management is great and if you do your job, don't complain, and perform, they leave you alone but they still make you feel like you're part of the team. The pay is good and yes, if it rains you can't work but they always try to make up for it in overtime if they can. Complete benefits including dental and 401k. In Stray we have to use our own vehicle (they tell you up front so I don't know what that other reviewer was talking about) and they compensate you for mileage. The mileage includes maintenance and not just gas. If you do the math, you'll see that they actually give you more money than you need for gas. They also give you $100 a year for safety boots (great deal!) and have incentive programs just for working safe. They like to hire and promote from within so I like the feeling that I'm not stuck in one place. Your job is what you make of it. Do your job well and they'll reward you. Overall it's a great company. I love my job!
Pros
Get to work independently, work outdoors, good pay, holiday pay and vacation time, benefits, free boots
Cons
In some work you have to use your own car
horrible place dont work here
Flame Ionization Technician (Former Employee) –  waterbury ctJuly 31, 2013
I like my co workers they were very cool. but management wasn't never fair.
Pros
free breaks free phones and tablets and company trucks
Cons
pay, mangement, raise, advancement, racism
Don't bother
Stray voltage tech (Former Employee) –  Newburgh,NyNovember 7, 2012
Funny, they had people in charge of electrical division that knew nothing about electric!! Worked outside in dangerous conditions, sometimes forced by management against normal protocol. Poison ivy and ticks in the summer and walking through ice and snow in the winter. Pay was not great and to get even a quarter raise they expect the world and then some! If you get a string of bad weather then don't expect to work which means no money, gone several weeks without hitting even 25 hrs. Use your own vehicle , lousy reimbursement for mileage, your car will take a beating. Oh and holding meeting all the time to talk about nonsense and little cheap & cheesy company bbq's to make u think they actually care about their employees! Meh. The only way this job could be good is if you make less than 9.00 p/hr and/or need to lose 25 lbs.
Pros
good exercise
Cons
health plan expensive for its kind, incompetent management, wear & tear on the vehicle, lousy pay, no ot, poison ivy and ticks
Great work enviroment
Stray Voltage Technician (Current Employee) –  New Windsor, NYJuly 31, 2012
Everyday is different. Management is is great. Hardest part is driving to different sites each day.
Pros
working outside
Cons
wworking outside