PRECISION STRIP

PRECISION STRIP Employee Reviews

United States45 reviews
The pay and benefits for this company are pretty good and hard to beat however due to the long hours (12 hour days) and a lot of mandatory overtime sometimes 6-7 days a week at its busiest you’ll spend more time here than with your family
Management plays favorites, company don't value you as an employee just a clock number, some managers lie, put in false reports. Company is reactive, not proactive to problem and issues. Company will put a accident on you (99.9 your fault) unless it's an act of God. Never see your family. 5 to 6 days 12 hours. Hard to move up.65k and up with good insurance but your family pays the price in the end.
Pros
Money and insurance
Cons
No family time, no movement, no appraise for doing a good job.
You can get the gravel and the road and you get the road and you have a good night you don’t have any time for me you to know I don’t know if I can You don’t wanna is it I want you I want it and I don’t know how you to get me you want me you don’t want me you want me I wanna I was like I don’t do anything else or do anything I want you know what you wanna I mean you don’t wanna is the time you want me you want you just come over here I want to go get you something you wanna is that you love you I wanna was the night you I didn’t want you and you want to come
Great to work for. Good money and benefits. Very family oriented, Other associates are helpful and great to work with. Safety is a major policy and the number one priority.
Pros
Good money
Cons
12 hour shifts
I love my job but because of covid19 they let some people go until it's all over . They started cutting hours then it was getting harder and harder to maintain 6 feet apart.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
The management was not educated when it came to working with the work force. Very poor treatment of employees and their well fare. The priority was with management and not with the work force that did the actual work. Long hours with little to no appreciation.
Pros
Good bendifits
Cons
Good old boy management mentality
The best thing about Precison strip is Hourly pay, Benefits and the Health insurance. They also provide Breakfast for all employees. Not much advancements opportuinties but lots of job movement opportunities..
I worked at PSI for almost 8 yrs, I would have to say I hated my life for those 8 yrs. Management is always playing favorites, if your not in the supervisor “click” you will get the run around and harassed.
Management has no idea what they are doing and do not want to listen to there employees on how to better the work place.

everyday.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else besides pay
bad management excellent work environment but it’s a continuous fight between the people in the floor and the ones in the office other that it’s fine l.
Company is high on safety. Long 12 hour shifts. Some employees get too head strong wanting to be the boss. Very hot in shop in summertime. Christmas bonus and monthly production incentive. Very fast passed job.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PRECISION STRIP?
I spent 12 plus years at the Tipp city facility. The pay was good and benefits were exceptional . But you will live there. Management is horrible. They play favorites. Steer clear of this place if you value family and your health. You will be overworked and not valued.
I enjoyed working at precision strip it was a company that was all about your family they had interest in knowing your family then management changed
If your negative then this is the job for you. It’s nothing but men that gossip like women. They say do it for your family that’s not true. They tell you to be safe then tell you to hurry. Night shift supervisor younger guy he smiles in your face and stab you in the back. Management tells you to come to them if you do they won’t do nothing. They will just cross their arms and cut you off.
Good money good people good job, once you top out in pay there isnt no more raises and you top out in 2 years, good bosses but they do alot of favoritism
I like the company. It is a great company to work for. So much so that the chance of every getting a day shift spot is non existent. People do not leave.
Supervisors treat you like dirt and are constantly on you. Very little to no training then you would get in trouble if you messed up even though you wasnt trained. They do pay well. You have a mandatory 60 hour week every week 12 hour shifts and then every 3 weeks you work 72 hours. They even tell you in your interview that you will hate working here and you will see your co workers more than your own family. Alot of the workers are racist and the boss's dont say anything and very offensive work place
Pros
Good money and benefits
Cons
Long hours, work to home ratio, personalitys, lack of respect, very offensive and alot of racial slurs
You could make upwards 75/95k easily in first couple years. You will work 5/6 12hr shifts every week with some 7 days a week in busy times. There’s no time for your family. There’s no balance between work and family. If you get hired in, to move up quick get close to supervisions.
Pros
Amazing Company President, Money, pension, 401k is great, and good insurance.
Cons
No family or social life. Management plays with feed you BS
Great Benefits for the area and fair pay as well. Management was going through some rough times and ended up losing a few good managers. Management is lacking!!!
They had excellent pay and great hours! I worked Saturday through Monday and made great money. It was stressful sometimes because you had to maintain a high safety standard.
Very poor management. Most people in transport management don't even have a CDL. Which is why they care more about profits than there employees. This also shows in equipment they buy - more worried about fuel mileage than being able to pull heavy loads safely. Quess they don't know the more you lug a motor the more fuel you use. They won't tell you that when you get hired in you will be loading trucks half the night neither. Long hours - not enough money.
2 things that are nice - good medical benefits and 401K - although they limit the accounts you can put your money in for the 401K.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Everything else
It is a very fast pace environment, Safety, quality and production oriented environment. There is a production based incentive plan based on the plants production index. Some of the plants are very profitable and the employees are rewarded for it. Some of the plants are not profitable due to location and product mix, those employees bonuses reflect that.
Pros
All benefits are at no cost to the employee
Cons
The shop is often short handed and peaple get overworked.