Precoat Metals Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Shipping and receiving
Shipping & Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 18, 2018
Loading and unloading trucks. Very fast paced and I loved it. I was taught to drive their train engine to move railcars.The management has been moving around and they said I accumulated to many points and terminated me. There were days that I was excused and in the system it was not. Very upsetting as I loved this job.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Not a career employeer
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARJuly 5, 2018
Run don't walk away from this company. No money whatsoever is put into modernizing this company. Greed runs this operation. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. These folks look at labor as though there is a weekly people auction and they can just go buy some more people. Run from Precoat!!!!
Pros
Money but you work everyday of your life.
Cons
No life Precoat becomes your life.
Enjoyable workplace with room for advancement
Company Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 4, 2018
Precoat metals was my first job out of college. It was a wonderful first job. Beginning with being the receptionist, then being able to help out in Human Resources was a great way to learn about the company and grow myself. I was then able to help out in the marketing and accounting departments.
Challenging and fast paced environment in a team setting
Finance Manager, Southern Region (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 10, 2018
Precoat Metals is a solid, growing company with a wide variety of jobs available. It is a service manufacturing company which specializes in painting steel coils for use in buildings, automobiles and many other uses.
There are 14 plants so the opportunity to travel is made available to many employees, both hourly and salary.
Pros
opportunity to improve skillsets
Cons
Poor work life balance
May 29, 2018

We are very excited about our growth. It has and continues to provide career & professional growth opportunities for our employees. Due to the nature of our business it requires us to plan schedules and overtime based on customer demand. We are always reviewing staffing and making adjustments to handle the increased workload.

Dealing outside customers was interesting.
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 20, 2018
Average work day was 12hrs. I learned a lot by dealing with customers. Mangement always kept me inform on the requirements on any new jobs. Sometimes very fast pace than others. Hardest part was cleaning the chemicals machines. Most enjoyable was seeing how the process comes together and having a good product.
Operations Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2018
Precoat had a great work environment and friendly. Management made it easy for you to get comfortable when you join the workforce, also training on the forklift and overhead crane was the best.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Extremely hot inside the plant
May 29, 2018

Thank you for the 5 star review. We appreciate the feedback. You are right about the weather. It gets extremely hot in the summer and cold in the winter at many of our locations. During these times, we ensure that we are proactive in ensuring that our employees take care in understanding safe work practices.

May 2, 2018

Thank you for the 5 star rating and comments. We do take pride in making sure that we provide a work environment that allows our employees to learn and grow. Making sure they have the training and resources they need to be successful in their roles and feel part of the team is a very important part of ensuring that we remain the leader in the coil coating industry.

Lead person
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 28, 2018
They sucked long hours no breakes..mamagement is the pits...lot of favouritism....plant fills up with a cloud ...u have to breath it..dirty...work invirement...oil leaks every where...no parts to fix anything...all around bad place to work...
Pros
Cons
Poor management..
April 18, 2018

Your review is very concerning and I would personally like to speak to you about the issues that you have raised here. We want to address any concerns that you have Please don't hesitate to contact our Manager of Talent Acquisitions & Employee Development or VP, Human Resources at 314-436-7010.

Needs a drastic change/Ask in-depth questions
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Armorel, ARMarch 26, 2018
Extremely high turnover rate. Top management at the plant is a super micromanager - his way or no way. Too “lean”. Continuous breakdowns. Long hours.
Pros
It’s a paycheck
Cons
No set breaks, high turnover, micromanaging, low moral, breakdowns
Long hard work
Operations Support (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 2, 2018
You work 8-12+ 5-7 days a week sometimes weeks straight doing physical work (depending on where you're stationed). No breaks. Rotating shifts. Good benefits and pay but you work yourself to death to earn it. A lot of unnecessary micromanagement. Don't try to make plans for the weekend because 9 times out of 10 they will be dashed.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
No breaks, long hours, very rare days off
April 18, 2018

Thank you for the review. The nature of our business does require us to plan schedules and overtime based on customer demand. We are always reviewing staffing and making adjustments to handle the increased workload. We'd like to learn more about the unnecessary micromanagement that you are referring. Please reach out to your human resources professional or our Manager of Talent Acquisitions & Employee Development or VP, Human Resources at 314-436-7010.

Ok place to work
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Portage, INFebruary 20, 2018
If you don’t want a life work there starting out sucks with the tier program for pay so you won’t get full pay til you work there for 2-3 years benefits are good though
April 18, 2018

Thank you for the review. The nature of our business does require us to plan schedules and overtime based on customer demand. We regularly review compensation to ensure that we are in line with our industry. We truly value the contributions that our employees make to keep us as the leader in our industry.

Electrician (Former Employee) –  Byram, MSJanuary 17, 2018
Pre-cold metal is a very respect your place to work good paying however they you often work long hours of the conditions are pretty good at precoat like I said it's a very good company to work for
February 15, 2018

Thank you for the review. We too, believe Precoat is a very good company. The nature of our business does require us to plan schedules and overtime based on customer demand. We truly value the contributions that our employees make to keep us as the leader in our industry.

Stressful
Accounting Assistant/Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 12, 2018
This was a great place to work for until the new executive team started. No one is treated the same. I watched it grow and left before it was totally destroyed.
Pace of work varies on a daily basis
Physical Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDNovember 17, 2017
Pace of work varies on a daily basis, expect to work long shifts and weeks (12 hour shifts M-Sat). No home/work life balance as you are always working. Pay is great with all of the overtime, but you don't have time to enjoy it. No lunch breaks, you eat while you are working, and make your own time to eat. No breaks throughout the day other than when you are waiting to do your job.
Pros
Money, co-workers
Cons
No lunch break, no 15 minute breaks, 12 hour shifts M-F, and Saturdays as dictated are 12 hours. You have no work/life balance
May 2, 2018

The nature of our business does require us to plan schedules and overtime based on customer demand. Upon joining the company employees are informed about work hours.
At most plants, shifts can be either 8 or 12 hours, again depending on customer demand. You are correct, we do not have scheduled lunch breaks, In most continuous process operations, it is impossible to stop the line during runs as it will adversely affect quality. Our employees can eat their lunch in their work area. Breaks can be taken between jobs when the line is not running.

terrible work environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVOctober 8, 2017
ive been there almost 10 years. been passed over 6 times for promotions that went to newer guys with less ability. time to move on.seniority doesn't matter anymore, I don't make a quarter of what I used to make working here.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 23, 2017
Precoat is a good place to good money. Only thing about the job that is stressful is that , you barley have time off or to spend with your family. Overall it's a good jobs because it helps pays the bill with no problem
Pros
Free Luch Good money
Cons
No time off
February 15, 2018

Thank you for the review. The nature of our business does require us to plan schedules and overtime based on customer demand. We are always looking for great talent to join the Precoat team. http://precoat.com/careerops.html

ok to work for
opererations support (Former Employee) –  Hueytown, ALSeptember 19, 2017
load and unload trucks and train cars daily, pulled orders ban and wrap steel coils using forklift and overhead crane. little stressful at times but was ok to work for.
Pros
the pay
Cons
supervisor
Clean
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INSeptember 15, 2017
The work was hard and people was great and very friendly they money was really good at the time but you work 7 days a week that's a lot time away from family
Pros
Good money
Cons
No lunch break
February 15, 2018

Thank you for the review. The nature of our business does require us to plan schedules and overtime based on customer demand. We believe we have great employees at Precoat, and value the contributions that our employees make to keep us as the leader in our industry.

Erratic and without clear directives
Worker (Current Employee) –  Armorel, ARAugust 10, 2017
Good benefits, decent pay, poor follow through for tasks assigned, poor work habits, friendly workers, management is approachable, good attempt at safety.
Pros
Pay/Benefits
Cons
Poor leadership skills, too much directional change in tasks assigned
no thank you
Slitter Operator (Current Employee) –  Granite City, ILAugust 10, 2017
Hours are not what you agree on when you sign your contract. No one takes responsibility for their own mistakes and management will blame an employee for their own mistake.

great place to work
Product Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63116August 6, 2017
precoat is striving to make safety a priority, producing good quality material safely and in a timely manner is what makes precoat metals a world class company.
February 15, 2018

Thank you for the 5 star rating. We believe that our people are the cornerstone of Precoat Metals. We ensure that we are proactive in ensuring that our employees take care in understanding safe work practices and are committed to turning out quality work in a timely manner.