Precoat Metals Employee Reviews

Extreme overtime
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 24, 2018
Good pay, benefits-Extreme amount of overtime--work 14-12 hr days in a row with only one day off--then 14 more.. very under staffed. No end in sight. ,
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Extreme overtime- NO days off.
October 5, 2018

Thank you for the review. The nature of our business does require us to plan schedules and overtime based on customer demand. We are always reviewing staffing and making adjustments to handle the increased workload. We truly value the contributions that our employees make to keep us as the leader in our industry. If you would like to discuss your concerns, please contact our Manager, Talent Acquisition & Employee Development or Vice President, Human Resources at 314.436.7010.

Just a job, could never be a career
Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hueytown, ALSeptember 18, 2018
Precoat metals is one of the worse work and life balance jobs I have ever seen. Most plants has adopted the four on and a four off or 3 on and 3 off to balance work and life balance and it works well. Precoat metals do nothing to improve themselves on this matter besides make excuses. There no reason why employees should be working 84 hours a week, that’s just ridiculous to me. I’m glad I didn’t stay long because this company had so many red flags. One of the longest employees there has only been there for 11 years that just shows how sad they are because most great companies got 30 year employees. In training All the new hires was told we would get fired if we made any mistakes. The trainer answered every question with I’ll just fire you if you do. Who really does that? For new employees looking for a career,So no I don’t recommend this place. Not only do these employees go months without a off day, you get no break during your shift, which again was ridiculous. If you have team leads why not use them, allow the team leads to take the spots of each employee so they can get a break. Why you think they are there?
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything besides pay
October 5, 2018

Your review is very concerning and we would personally like to speak to you about the issues that you have raised here and address any concerns. Please don't hesitate to contact our Manager of Talent Acquisition & Employee Development or VP, Human Resources at 314-436-7010. Thank you.

Would love to have my old job back
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 29, 2018
Precoat is the best job anyone could have. Paid time off . Dental health and 401k. Comfortable work environment. Great start off pay. I would like to have my old job back
October 5, 2018

Thank you for the 5 star review. We agree that our compensation & benefits package are very competitive.

Great Culture and Management team
PROCUTION CONTROL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kingsbury, INAugust 9, 2018
Precoat treats you like family. My boss in Kingsbury IN was amazing. He was well respected and managed everyone fairly and honestly. This was the best job I ever held and was very successful at due to the support from my boss and company.
Pros
Culture and work/life balance
Cons
internal advancement at the smaller facilitites
October 5, 2018

Thank you for the 5 star review. We do take pride in making sure that we provide a work environment that allows our employees to prosper. Making sure they have the training and resources they need to be successful in their roles and feel part of the team is a very important part of ensuring that we remain the leader in the coil coating industry. Thank you again.

August 14, 2018

Thank you for the 5 star review! We are glad that your time with us was so great.

Over all the worst work expereince ive ever had....
Slitter Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenfeild inJuly 26, 2018
The culture sucks,be ready to be treated like a dog bye the 30 year lazy,life hating long term employees... Run do not walk!!!!! The only chance you have is already knowing the job,you will not get much help,i think the long term folks want to keep secure,and the less trained people the more value they hold...
Pros
Managment
Cons
Workers

Load and unload trucks/wearhouse (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVJuly 23, 2018
I enjoy working here. Great eviroment. The management and employees of precoat metals handle their employees well. If i were to need another job in the future i would recomend this place and i would reaply here!
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Cons
Takes a while for someone to give you a break
August 2, 2018

Thank you for the 5 star rating and comments. We do take pride in making sure that we provide a work environment that allows our employees to prosper. Making sure they have the training and resources they need to be successful in their roles and feel part of the team is a very important part of ensuring that we remain the leader in the coil coating industry. Thank you again.

production env.
Qc/Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDJuly 22, 2018
job at times is very fast pace. hot doing summer/cold during winter. u take lunches on the fly. there r know breaks. some areas of work can b a little stressful. some areas r more laid back
Pros
can save alot of money ;due to long work hours
Cons
long work hours. Lack of communication with management
August 2, 2018

Due to the nature of our business it requires us to plan schedules and overtime based on customer demand. Please reach out to our Manager, Talent Acquisition & Employee Development or Vice President, Human Resources at 314.436.7010 to address your concerns around lack of communication. Thank you.

Shipping and receiving
Shipping & Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 18, 2018
Loading and unloading trucks. Very fast paced and I loved it. I was taught to drive their train engine to move railcars.The management has been moving around and they said I accumulated to many points and terminated me. There were days that I was excused and in the system it was not. Very upsetting as I loved this job.
Pros
great pay and benefits
August 2, 2018

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the work pace and job. The nature of our business does require us to plan schedules and overtime based on customer demand. As such, it is of utmost importance that employees are in attendance at work to meet our customer's expectations. Upon joining the company, employees are made aware of our no fault attendance policy. We wish you the best of luck.

Fast paced work with no time off nearly 72 hours a week 6 days
Inspector/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Granite City, ILJuly 8, 2018
No home time due to working 6 12 hour shifts through the year with one day off in the middle of it poor management due to not being able to staff correctly people with 30 years of service still being forced on overtime

Not a career employeer
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARJuly 5, 2018
Run don't walk away from this company. No money whatsoever is put into modernizing this company. Greed runs this operation. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. These folks look at labor as though there is a weekly people auction and they can just go buy some more people. Run from Precoat!!!!
Pros
Money but you work everyday of your life.
Cons
No life Precoat becomes your life.
August 2, 2018

Your review is very concerning, and even though you are no longer an employee, we would like to understand more about your comments and concerns. Please contact our Manager of Talent Acquisition & Employee Development or VP, Human Resources at 314-436-7010 to discuss further. Thank you.

Enjoyable workplace with room for advancement
Company Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 4, 2018
Precoat metals was my first job out of college. It was a wonderful first job. Beginning with being the receptionist, then being able to help out in Human Resources was a great way to learn about the company and grow myself. I was then able to help out in the marketing and accounting departments.
August 2, 2018

Thank you for the 5 star rating and comments. We do take pride in making sure that we provide a work environment that allows our employees to learn and grow. Making sure they have the training and resources they need to be successful in their roles and feel part of the team is a very important part of ensuring that we remain the leader in the coil coating industry. Thank you.

Challenging and fast paced environment in a team setting
Finance Manager, Southern Region (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 10, 2018
Precoat Metals is a solid, growing company with a wide variety of jobs available. It is a service manufacturing company which specializes in painting steel coils for use in buildings, automobiles and many other uses.
There are 14 plants so the opportunity to travel is made available to many employees, both hourly and salary.
Pros
opportunity to improve skillsets
Cons
Poor work life balance
May 29, 2018

We are very excited about our growth. It has and continues to provide career & professional growth opportunities for our employees. Due to the nature of our business it requires us to plan schedules and overtime based on customer demand. We are always reviewing staffing and making adjustments to handle the increased workload.

Dealing outside customers was interesting.
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 20, 2018
Average work day was 12hrs. I learned a lot by dealing with customers. Mangement always kept me inform on the requirements on any new jobs. Sometimes very fast pace than others. Hardest part was cleaning the chemicals machines. Most enjoyable was seeing how the process comes together and having a good product.
Operations Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2018
Precoat had a great work environment and friendly. Management made it easy for you to get comfortable when you join the workforce, also training on the forklift and overhead crane was the best.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Extremely hot inside the plant
May 2, 2018

May 29, 2018

Thank you for the 5 star review. We appreciate the feedback. You are right about the weather. It gets extremely hot in the summer and cold in the winter at many of our locations. During these times, we ensure that we are proactive in ensuring that our employees take care in understanding safe work practices.

Lead person
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 28, 2018
They sucked long hours no breakes..mamagement is the pits...lot of favouritism....plant fills up with a cloud ...u have to breath it..dirty...work invirement...oil leaks every where...no parts to fix anything...all around bad place to work...
Pros
Cons
Poor management..
April 18, 2018

Your review is very concerning and I would personally like to speak to you about the issues that you have raised here. We want to address any concerns that you have Please don't hesitate to contact our Manager of Talent Acquisitions & Employee Development or VP, Human Resources at 314-436-7010.

Needs a drastic change/Ask in-depth questions
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Armorel, ARMarch 26, 2018
Extremely high turnover rate. Top management at the plant is a super micromanager - his way or no way. Too “lean”. Continuous breakdowns. Long hours.
Pros
It’s a paycheck
Cons
No set breaks, high turnover, micromanaging, low moral, breakdowns
Long hard work
Operations Support (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 2, 2018
You work 8-12+ 5-7 days a week sometimes weeks straight doing physical work (depending on where you're stationed). No breaks. Rotating shifts. Good benefits and pay but you work yourself to death to earn it. A lot of unnecessary micromanagement. Don't try to make plans for the weekend because 9 times out of 10 they will be dashed.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
No breaks, long hours, very rare days off
April 18, 2018

Thank you for the review. The nature of our business does require us to plan schedules and overtime based on customer demand. We are always reviewing staffing and making adjustments to handle the increased workload. We'd like to learn more about the unnecessary micromanagement that you are referring. Please reach out to your human resources professional or our Manager of Talent Acquisitions & Employee Development or VP, Human Resources at 314-436-7010.

Ok place to work
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Portage, INFebruary 20, 2018
If you don’t want a life work there starting out sucks with the tier program for pay so you won’t get full pay til you work there for 2-3 years benefits are good though
April 18, 2018

Thank you for the review. The nature of our business does require us to plan schedules and overtime based on customer demand. We regularly review compensation to ensure that we are in line with our industry. We truly value the contributions that our employees make to keep us as the leader in our industry.

Electrician (Former Employee) –  Byram, MSJanuary 17, 2018
Pre-cold metal is a very respect your place to work good paying however they you often work long hours of the conditions are pretty good at precoat like I said it's a very good company to work for
February 15, 2018

Thank you for the review. We too, believe Precoat is a very good company. The nature of our business does require us to plan schedules and overtime based on customer demand. We truly value the contributions that our employees make to keep us as the leader in our industry.

Pace of work varies on a daily basis
Physical Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDNovember 17, 2017
Pace of work varies on a daily basis, expect to work long shifts and weeks (12 hour shifts M-Sat). No home/work life balance as you are always working. Pay is great with all of the overtime, but you don't have time to enjoy it. No lunch breaks, you eat while you are working, and make your own time to eat. No breaks throughout the day other than when you are waiting to do your job.
Pros
Money, co-workers
Cons
No lunch break, no 15 minute breaks, 12 hour shifts M-F, and Saturdays as dictated are 12 hours. You have no work/life balance
May 2, 2018

The nature of our business does require us to plan schedules and overtime based on customer demand. Upon joining the company employees are informed about work hours.
At most plants, shifts can be either 8 or 12 hours, again depending on customer demand. You are correct, we do not have scheduled lunch breaks, In most continuous process operations, it is impossible to stop the line during runs as it will adversely affect quality. Our employees can eat their lunch in their work area. Breaks can be taken between jobs when the line is not running.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Precoat Metals. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about