Precor Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Failing closer to perfect.
Labor (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WADecember 16, 2017
When I first arrived at Precor,I was was excited at the possibilities and new challenges the job presented.Those feelings quickly dissolved.I soon realized I was a two-legged tool working at a salt mine.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
I need to be bi-lingual.
Very Busy
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WANovember 22, 2017
I was a Very Busy Employee at Precor. Quality Control was a Very Demanding position. Inspecting/ measuring/ writing non-conformance reports. Corresponding with Engineers.
Pros
My own boss
Cons
All the benfits
repetitive
assembler/ computer wealder (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WANovember 2, 2017
example day 6 ish morning meeting prepare to start you day
2.5 hour work shift 15 min break
2.5 hour work shift 30 min lunch
2.5 hour work shift 15 min break
2.5 hour work shift 15 min clean up
mandatory over time Friday.

you some time switch up what you are doing to avoid injury.
Pros
you know what you need to do most of the time
Cons
settle rent.
Very focused and calm work environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAOctober 21, 2017
Everyday at work was the same, everyone was very focused and stayed at their own station. There were never any conflicts and the work was very good. I mostly enjoyed the people I worked with because they overtime became long term friends.
Shipper
Warehouse Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCJuly 21, 2017
Great atmosphere to work in. Great people and excellent products! I would go back to work for this company if the opportunity presented itself. Definitely one of the better jobs I've had.
Benefits
Cons
ok place to work but culture is changing
customer service (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WA 98072February 2, 2017
Company seems to be downsizing and they are not replacing employees so workload is becoming more unmanageable. Job work/life balance is not what it used to be.
Cons
burnout
Great Work Schedule with awful compensation and division
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCJanuary 27, 2017
The outside appearance of a great organization but once you come inside you quickly realize the truth. The good - great schedule, no weeks, (4) 10 hour days, fitness equipment, rideshare incentives, healthcare, mission statement, corporate giving/match program, location for me. The bad - visibly lazy upper management, disengaged HR, low morale, job postings not readily advertised to internal staff, unrealistic goals, flip flop emphasis on quality, lack of accountability for those who cheat on performance stats, blind eye to those in the workplace who are under the influence, divided culture of professional staff and floor staff and engineers who are out of touch with those who execute the builds, wasteful, inefficient use of supplies, poor production scheduling, constant fire drill mentality, lack of reception to new ideas, low salary compared to similar positions in the area. I'm not sure of what the CA Headquarters workplace culture is but they should definitely check on their other sites because this is not in line with the mission.
Pros
Benefits, Schedule
Cons
Workplace Culture, Management, Salary
Decent place to start
Quality Assurance Inspector / Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCSeptember 18, 2016
Good people to work with. Great benefits. Low paying. Long hours during peak season. Management did not listen to employees
No job security
Facilities and maintenance assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAFebruary 2, 2016
- On a typical day at work usually assisting the maintenance team on all aspects of Precor's five buildings including general building and grounds maintenance. Assisted in preventative maintenance on CNC manchines, weld robots, engines, conveyor systems and production machines. Installation and setup of new production equipment.
- Maintained and managed inventory of equipment, parts and supplies.
- Managed the janitorial company and the janitors.
- The hardest part of the job was no advancement opportunity within the company.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was making new friends and getting projects done in a timely matter.
Pros
Lots of good people that work there
Cons
no job security
The Core of the company is sound,
Associate Powder Coat (Current Employee) –  Whitsett, NCNovember 21, 2015
This has been an interesting 2 years of learning the ins and outs of a company that is a world player. The equipment they make is top quality and worth the cost. This is a very demanding job that I normally don't mind doing. The lack of a full 40 hour work week when production drops thou is my cue that this is not a long term goal for me and my family.
expanding to new technologies
Customer Service Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Woodinville, WANovember 19, 2015
developing new processes and technologies, nice workout room and benefits for fitness/sport fans. Profit sharing consist over the years.
Pros
profit sharing, equipt discounts, workout rooms
Cons
career path limitations
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 9, 2015
Some management issues that subsequently have been resolved. The entire leadership team has been turned over, and the new direction is a breath of fresh air.
Pros
Good products and takes care of customers
Cons
New Executive leadership lack industry experience.
Great management and products but not very forward thinking company
Associate Business Development Rep (Current Employee) –  Woodinville, WAJune 8, 2015
I have enjoyed the experience I gained at Precor very much. The management is wonderful to work for. I felt very independent and that I could express my opinions. My opinions mattered and were listened to. I believe the product they make is the best in the industry and I was proud to work for Precor and to sell the product. Employees aren't necessarily treated as very valuable though and although they were very forward thinking with the product, they were not so much with the company culture and the employees. Work volume was overwhelming. No flexible schedules or tele-communicating options. Their creed encompasses health and fitness, yet the office design was very uncomfortable and did not promote any productivity or creativity. The design was not around employees needs or wants whatsoever.
Precor will do the minimum requirements but not above and beyond. I would grade them a solid "C"
Pros
health benefits and employee discounts at sister companies
Cons
no flexible schedule, telecommunicating is not an option, poor maternity leave benefit
Amazing job with gym on job site
paint crew (Former Employee) –  whitsett ncJune 1, 2015
manage the orders in Microsoft excel, load equipment, paint equipment, and work with assembly for 6 months. Overall excellent community of people.
Productive and fun place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAMarch 19, 2015
Great atmosphere, they take pride in the work they do and the equipment that is created. most of their employees have been with the company for more then five years. I would say it can be a family type place to work for the right person's. They play as hard as they work and they work hard.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, local company, built in U.S.A
Cons
some of the management can be challanging
Excellent products - a worthy mission
Sr. Marketing Manager, Corporate Comms & PR (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAFebruary 6, 2015
Precor is all about the products it offers - they are excellent and it has a worthy mission: helping people live the lives they desire.

The emphasis at Precor is on meeting business objectives and approach to employees: care for them, professional development, opportunities for career advancement, come a far-distant second. You are expected to adhere to the Precor Creed - if you don't exhibit characteristics that are in line with it, you won't like being there. However, living the Creed has become a lever that senior leadership can now use to take away employee benefits that hurt morale. They figure that if you believe in it, the other things don't matter. They may not be significant when looked at individually, but they all add up to telling a story of profits before people.

It's unfortunate. I really loved my job there and hate to witness what's happening.
This place sucks.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  whittset ncSeptember 20, 2014
cant make any real money. No room for advancement. Mangment doesn't know what there doing. HR is nasty to employees
Pros
4 day weeks. healthcare
Cons
Everything else
Productive place to work.Had firdays off
Welder (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCMarch 10, 2014
Got there at 6 Went in my welding booth and came out for lunch and stayed there till 430 when I got off
Pros
fridays off
Great workplace atmostphere
SR INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Woodinville, WAJanuary 10, 2014
Great management team that empowers employees to make decisions and perform their jobs to the best of their abilities.
depressing place to work. great hourly coworkers. alot of favorism within company
Paint Technician (Former Employee) –  NCOctober 3, 2013
a company thats ran by engineers. no respect for hourlys. stressfull enviornment. no room for advancement. not a good company for minority. good coworkers terrible management. no african american engineers when theres a top engineering school in the country A &T university which happens to be a black school only 20 mins away from whitsett location.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
management full of lies. pay inconsitent. sad enviornment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Precor. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight