Preferred Care at Home Employee Reviews

My days at work
Caregiver/Companion (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLApril 27, 2018
I work mostly afternoon and early evenings ,for four days a week.The job was easy. I did all the cooking and shopping. I cooked enough meals so we could freeze them for the days I wasn't there. I love to organize closets and cabinets to make things orderly and easy for the client.
The hardest thing was finding things to do with the client to keep them happy and busy so they don't get bored. I learned to bring games and movies from the library.
Pros
meeting new people and talking
Cons
watching them in their old age and wishing I could do more.
nice company just not enough hours anymore
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 3, 2018
nice company
great management
willing to place you where ever if u want to work
just need to line up more client so it will allow a worker like myself more hours of employment
Good Company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIJanuary 12, 2018
PCAH is a wonderful organization. A typical day would consist of client care. Light housekeeping and possible errands. There are no co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is pleasing the client.
Pros
Ability to work independently.
Cons
You work as an independent contractor.
great place to pick up extra hours
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Wellington, OHDecember 28, 2017
Need some extra spending money? Work as much as you want, hours are normally available and you have the ability to choose when and where you work. Must love working wit people!
Excellent ownership management
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  PAOctober 19, 2017
Excellent ownership and management.
Young company with plenty of potential for growth opportunities over time.
Flexible scheduling options and good communication with office staff.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
lack of experience in the field.
Very rewarding
Caregiver/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 4, 2017
I loved my job here it made me feel wanted and needed and gave me a purpose i enjoyed spending time with all of our clients and letting them know they are very special and important to us
Pros
Talking and getting to know our clients
Cons
Irresponsible caregivers
I was the Fairbanks area care manager
Care manager (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKOctober 4, 2017
I was the care manager for Preferred Care at Home for over a year. i loved the job and my role as a care manager. The hardest part of the job was having to help the families transition their loved one into a higher level of care facility.
Pros
Loved my office and location
Cons
Sometimes I had to work really long hours
Poor ethics
Caregiver Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MI 48043October 3, 2017
If you're seeking to work with integrity and prefer your co-workers and owners to possess the same, I do not recommend PCAH. Culture is not conducive to successful teamwork. Owners lack integrity.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor ethics
it a ok place to work
HHA (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLSeptember 12, 2017
I like working for this company because I was a independent contractor so I had control of my work load and the people where great to work with. the hardest part of this job was going to a place that you didn't know and the enjoyable part is learning different things from different people.
Pros
working as many hours as you want as long as it was available
Cons
working with difficult people.
Great energy
Caregiver/CNA (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 10, 2017
Great environment,always someone to listen, clients are treated well and with dignity.family is very involved in the care of their loved ones.i would highly recommend this company.
Pros
Uniforms provided
Cons
Employees not showing up on time

Want to know more about Preferred Care at Home?

Ask a question
Your Typical Assignment
Direct Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 24, 2017
You never knew what you was walking into for your assignment. The report you receive was always different from what actually takes place at client's home. You are always told to do a little light house work and cook, but when you enter the client's home the client has a peg tube, turn q2 hours, bed bath, mopping, laundry etc.. The list goes on and on.
Pros
The relief showed up on time.
Cons
I was glad the shift was over
amazing people and an amazing enviroment!
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Lagrange, OHJune 6, 2017
Preferred is a great place to work for! they're some of the most amazing people and I love them just like family! They're always there when you need them!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXApril 30, 2017
This is a fun fast paced place to work. The owner is very helpful and understanding of her employees. The hardest part of the job is watching the elderly that you are taking care of decline. I learned the importance of senior care while I worked for this company. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to hear the stories that all of the people I took care of had.
Pros
Great staff, always work available
Cons
they dont take taxes out of your check
It was a fun place to work
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 20, 2017
I loved goin to work for them it ha great hours and work out fine for my household. I loved working with my clients they were very sweet and we showed each other respect
Interesting Office
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 27, 2016
Company cares only about money and not care of clients..management does not listen to caregivers, accommodates unethical request of clients, inconvenient caregivers, lie about cases, lies to caregivers...
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Need better/honest/caring management
Caregiver/CNA/Patient sitter (Current Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIOctober 20, 2016
Great place to work they care about thier residents.My coworkers and supervisor are great.I learn alot of new skills working there.What I enjoy most about preferred care is the flexible shifts.
Excellent Company, but no benefits or advancement is available
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 9, 2016
I love my job. I have had the pleasure of working with the same client for almost 2 years. I work 12 hour shifts, 4 one week and 5 the opposite week. The position is very emotional at times, due to the condition of the patients that we work with, and it can also be very physical, depending on their ability to walk on their own or if they need total assistance with transfers and everyday care. The company has offered very little training on any client or their specific condition and how to meet their needs, we pretty much read limited information on the client and go from there with them. That is why I feel blessed to have the same client, I know the ins and outs of his care and daily schedule. I feel like we have very little support from the office staff though, most of the communication is via text message or through the telephonic system, so we rarely interact one on one with anyone in our office. As far as pay goes, I am still receiving the same salary that I was hired in making (before they knew my work ethic and commitment to my job), which is very disappointing. I feel that they should do reviews every 6 months or even a year and then give some type of compensation based on each persons individual performance. We also do not have any type of benefits (vacation, sick leave, insurance, etc) these would be very much appreciated by all of the employees. Other than that, I totally love what I do and the company I work for. It is a very rewarding job, knowing that you make a difference in someone's life and that the care you provide makes their quality of life much more valuable.  more... Unfortunately, I do not feel like there is any room for any advancement and I would love the chance to expand my knowledge and career options. I keep hoping that some things will change within the company and that it would be a place I could stay with long-term, into retirement, but benefits and pay raises are important because the price of living increases constantly and I need a position that can accommodate my needs and allow me to not just survive, but thrive. I am a hard worker and have the ability to become an important asset within a company that will allow me that opportunity.  less
Pros
A regular schedule, including alot of overtime, with the same client
Cons
No raises, benefits or specific training on individual clients
Great experience with clients
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 9, 2016
Great clients. Nothing new to learn. Your scedule starts out fairly well.
Then without notice your scedule is changed. Poor management
Pros
Winderful clients
Cons
Poor management.
enjoyed working for this company
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 18, 2015
Most assignments were live in . Days started early. .I learned how to cook better. Management was engaged kept good communication. Coworkers were always on time and polite. .The hardest part of the job was when the assignment ended. The most enjoyable part of the job was listening to the life stories of the clients.
Pros
good assignments
Cons
no benefits
Very loving company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNSeptember 28, 2015
My hours were from 10-2. Very nice lady I took care of. The only negative thing was I had to drive 40-45 minutes away from home. I only got paid 9.50 per hour and it is a 1099 at the end of the year