Preferred Credit Employee Reviews

a good place to make a home at.
Recovery Agent (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 5, 2017
They are a caring company. When they closed their office in Texas which is the one I worked at, they did everything in their power to help us get on our feet, or to at least land running.

The upper management really try their best to make it a place worth staying, the company is geared towards strong ethics with their customers and employees.

It is busy, and you never lack for something to do.

You have to have a thick skin, people are cranky sometimes and don't want to talk.
Pros
Strong support through managers and co workers
Cons
can be stressful at times due to high volume calls.
Good place to work if you don't mind talking on phone
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNSeptember 26, 2017
Job can be stressful. I was a CCOR, so I essentially talked with people over phone, helping them fill a credit application to finance different products.

If you are someone who likes talking on phone and doesn't mind helping people then it is the job for you. It is also a good company to work for if you are in the related field. For me personally, I was never interested in finance, and it was one of the most boring jobs I had to do, as I felt that I did not learn much. But for the pay, compensation, and work environment, PCI is worth it. The company treats it's workers right, and the break room is lit.
Cons
Long durations call with difficult customers, repetitive work
It was a temp job
Contract Processor 3 (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 25, 2017
Like I said it was a temporary job and I did pick up some new skills which was good the people there were okay nice working atmosphere I would recommend someone to apply
lovable place to work
Special handling buyer (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 13, 2017
my customer skills have improved as well as my analytical skills. seniors help you improved on your work performances. everyone is really friendly and easy to get along
Not a fun place to work
Collections,accounts receiving,reception (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 27, 2017
Hired in one department advanced to another then another. That part was great. Learned new jobs. But then told I needed a college degree to continue in current job which I had to pay for and take courses on my own time. Therefore I was fired. My family time is more important.
Pros
Christmas bonus was very nice!
Cons
Backstabbing
Great company but pay is not competitive
Customer Relations (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 8, 2017
I currently work for the company. I have always worked in the customer service department. The company gives great benefits, but the hourly pay is very poor. They will hire anyone that is bilingual (that are not qualified) and pay them higher than English-speaking only agents that do extremely well. I love the atmosphere, employees and management are great. Advancing in the company seems difficult no matter how qualified you are.
Pros
Benefits, Good Manegement, Flexible schedules for school
Cons
Hourly Pay, Working weekends
Great facilities
Asset Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNDecember 22, 2016
A typical day is 8 hours, certain amount of autonomy is allowed. The company provided the necessary training to perform the tasks required,
The company kept employees appraised of their objectives, and any new policy's.
There was a high turnover in my department, but that is typical in the collections industry.
The co-workers were the most enjoyable part of the job, also many varied tasks kept it challenging.
Pros
All equipment provided
Cons
No incentive commission
Good place to work,
Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 8, 2016
Good place to start after college. Nice co-workers. Busy, but very enjoyable work. Too small to grow or advance. The AP dept was a very busy dept but was nice working with everyone,
Workplace
Client Service Operations (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 10, 2016
It is a great workplace, great training, and a great environment. It is a very laid back company to work for. They are very flexible with your schedule and the supervisors are very helpful.
No Advancement Oppurtunity
Part-time customer service rep (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 19, 2015
Good company to work for. managers are easy to talk to and understanding. hours are reliable and the work wasn't to bad either
Don't treat employees well nor compensate fairly.
Senior Client Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 4, 2015
It is a very stressful, negative work environment, they don't train well, they have very high turnover. They don't compensate their employees very well and they know it, they say they can't pay a competitive salary but they want you to work extremely hard with little help or guidance. They are very hard and quick to point out anything you didn't do the way they want you to but won't train you on it. I definitely don't recommend working here, this company will never be voted a good place to work, ever. They talk to you in a very condescending, rude way and say this is how it is. There is very low and negative morale amongst the employees, managers know it and don't work to fix it so people leave and they are ok with that. The owner drives a Porsche but can't give a quarter raise.
Pros
They built an 8 million dollar building.
Cons
No privacy, lack of space and room to work/move. Pay is very little, benefits are horrible. Management doesn't care about you. Too many cons to name.
great management
Contract Processing (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 14, 2015
Managers are great and really work with you when trying to get time off or to make up hours! Everyone is very friendly and if you need help, they don't hesitate to get you the help you need to understand the programs!
Pros
schedule
benefits
Decent Place to Work
Customer Service & Sales Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 13, 2015
Child Friendly, clean environment, lacks diversity in leadership, management could use more training, compensation low, but decent benefits
Best St.Cloud employment available
Migration and DRP Administrator (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 27, 2015
I have never had a better job, hands down. I loved the work, the atmosphere, and the people. What more could you hope for? There is plenty of opportunity to move up in the company and I have never dealt with better leadership and mentors to help push you further in your career. This started out as a great college job and moved into a great source of experience and possible career.
Pros
Leadership, Experience, Mentorship
It was ok
Recovery agent (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNApril 25, 2015
Nothing special about this company. My supervisor was fine so we got along, but I know others that were just jerks. The company target s people they KNOW cannot finance their products!
Supervisor
Customer Service Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMarch 5, 2015
I have worked my way up to the position of a supervisor over the course of the years. I enjoyed teaching agents how to use better customer service skills and succeed at their job.
office job
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 16, 2014
it was a tough job because I had to deal with angry people most of the time. My co-workers were fine but it was a little stressful at times, there was a lot of gossip that I didn't really like. But I got to learn a lot of thing about collections and how to be a financial advisor.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
long hours, work weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Preferred Credit. Our community is ready to answer.