Preferred Credit Employee Reviews

N/a
Customer Service Operation (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNFebruary 25, 2019
Mandatory work on weekends. No just day shirt available. Optimizer. Short break time, Micromanagement. Not much time in between calls. Micro manage batrhroom time.
Pros
bonus
Cons
short breaks, too much stress and optimizer
Fun envnironment, great culture and management
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNFebruary 25, 2019
Great working environment, I feel appreciated as an employee and enjoy my job. I like my team and management. While here, I have been able to move up in my position which has been a bonus.
Degrading.
Professional (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNFebruary 12, 2019
Laughable management and degrading communications. "Long-timers" forget to continuously learn and improve.
Lack of humility and terribly degrading cornering employees and unlivable wages.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
You name it
Okay as a start up place
Senior Processing Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 10, 2018
It was okay as a place to learn things, work/life balance is not here as it's mostly college students who are entry level positions. Anyone making any real money are the directors.

Good place to get experience and move on from.
Pros
Gain Experience
Cons
Everything else
SENIOR CUSTOMER RELATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 3, 2018
The company is fantastic to work for. They really care about their employees and not just their work lives. However if you want to move up while working for them they will give you the tools to do so.
Decent pay call center at financial office
Call Center Origination Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 22, 2018
30min lunch plus two 10s for an 8hr shift. New building has nice amenities, including a mini convenience store. Decent pay, professional setting with mostly young workers at the call center positions and middle-aged and older administrative workers.

Very timely on reviews, but would track all you work time, even bathroom breaks and would try to shame you for having lots of time in the bathroom or not on a call.
ok place to work
Administrative Assistant to President (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 12, 2018
It was a great company to grow and advance in but once at a certain level it was limited for change and growth. The growth potential was there in the beginning and went so high than became stuck in the same position.
Cons
short breaks management lack listening
Excellent place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJuly 4, 2018
It’s amazing to be working for a company that notices you and makes you feel you are helping contribute to the success of it. Hard work and initiative do not go unnoticed and they reward you for it. I've never felt like "just" an employee at PCI. The Executives care about our success and are committed to doing everything they can to help us reach our full potential, even when we cannot see it ourselves.
Pros
Great leadership, fair pay, flexible hours
Cons
Unsatisfactory work conditions and unethical treatment of employees
Loan processor (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MN 56301June 5, 2018
I do not suggest working for this company based off their treatment of their employees. There were little to no benefits or career advancement opportunities. The first 6 months that I work there I did very well in all of my performance reviews and one-on-one meetings with management. I had been given several raises based off of my performance, and then I missed a day of work with a medical note from a doctor and they let me go siting the fact that they were ultimately a with or without cause employer.
Preferred Credit Inc
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 24, 2018
Preferred Credit Inc. (or PCI as they like to be called) is an okay place to work, personally I don't agree with some of the business decisions and who they decide to associate with. Other then that it's a good place to work, co workers are fun to be with.
Pros
Close to home and school
Cons
Short breaks, competitive environment, odd start/end times of shifts, customer morale, shady dealers
completely Love it
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 4, 2018
I loved working there, they treat you like family, and they are always friendly, you have a change of growing as a professional as well as a person. Amazing place to work
Good Company. Wise Ownership, the Middle Management was poor at the Arlington Office. Good atmosphere and very flexible schedules.
Recovery and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 11, 2018
Preferred Credit Inc. is a good company to work for. Management is knowledgeable although they have had high turnover in Middle Management. They try to accommodate employee request for time off. The biggest downfall is they don't pay as well as some competitors.
Pros
Easy Job, flexible schedules, laid back atmosphere.
Cons
Middle Management turnover, sitting long periods, abuse by customers.
Customer Service Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 25, 2018
Preferred Credit is a fast paced work environment, usually taking a high amount of customer service call.
Fun and welcoming work environment.
The management is willing to work with you if you have to change schedule.
Start Up Business
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Buena Vista, VANovember 18, 2017
Nothing against this company was good for a part time job while in college. The pay was not competitive but it helped me pay my bills. Would not work there now but thankful for the opportunity they gave me
a good place to make a home at.
Recovery Agent (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 5, 2017
They are a caring company. When they closed their office in Texas which is the one I worked at, they did everything in their power to help us get on our feet, or to at least land running.

The upper management really try their best to make it a place worth staying, the company is geared towards strong ethics with their customers and employees.

It is busy, and you never lack for something to do.

You have to have a thick skin, people are cranky sometimes and don't want to talk.
Pros
Strong support through managers and co workers
Cons
can be stressful at times due to high volume calls.
Good place to work if you don't mind talking on phone
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNSeptember 26, 2017
Job can be stressful. I was a CCOR, so I essentially talked with people over phone, helping them fill a credit application to finance different products.

If you are someone who likes talking on phone and doesn't mind helping people then it is the job for you. It is also a good company to work for if you are in the related field. For me personally, I was never interested in finance, and it was one of the most boring jobs I had to do, as I felt that I did not learn much. But for the pay, compensation, and work environment, PCI is worth it. The company treats it's workers right, and the break room is lit.
Cons
Long durations call with difficult customers, repetitive work
It was a temp job
Contract Processor 3 (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 25, 2017
Like I said it was a temporary job and I did pick up some new skills which was good the people there were okay nice working atmosphere I would recommend someone to apply
lovable place to work
Special handling buyer (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 13, 2017
my customer skills have improved as well as my analytical skills. seniors help you improved on your work performances. everyone is really friendly and easy to get along
Not a fun place to work
Collections,accounts receiving,reception (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 27, 2017
Hired in one department advanced to another then another. That part was great. Learned new jobs. But then told I needed a college degree to continue in current job which I had to pay for and take courses on my own time. Therefore I was fired. My family time is more important.
Pros
Christmas bonus was very nice!
Cons
Backstabbing
we went to work to answer calls and take payments
Bilingual Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNAugust 18, 2017
They had nice and flexible schedules, but the work is boring and very demanding mentally. The supervisors are okay. The night shift is very boring. many calls in the morning.
Pros
schedule, pay
Cons
short breaks, hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Preferred Credit. Our community is ready to answer.