Preferred Family Healthcare, Inc. Employee Reviews

productive and fun
Qualified Behavioral Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Malvern, ARJuly 17, 2018
A typical work day consist of amazing coworkers that work as a team to meet together weekly in staffing to build and improve the way services are provided. Client centered services allow for patients to build self esteem and gain independence. The hardest part about this job is watching clients make poor choices despite guidance given by staff. However, this can also be the most rewarding as the client learns and grows emotionally and socially.
Pros
Paid time off is accrued biweekly and available PTO is displayed on pay stub
Cons
Being on call means being available on nights and weekends when needed.
Quiet
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 27, 2018
If you like helping people, home health is a place where you can be lo great service to others and know that you made a difference in someone’s life , and someone who cares
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Low pay
Either love helping clients too much, or do NOT work here!
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 16, 2018
If you enjoy helping others, that is the ONLY thing you would appreciate working for PFH. The pay sucks, the management sucks, there is NO training, and forget out paid time off/holiday pay/benefits, etc. I promise, the only benefit is helping another learn to live healthily. (Oh, and they will fire you for something that you are not guilty of.)
Pros
Helping someone (client)
Cons
No breaks, pay is awful, no raises, management is poor, etc.
Pcw
PCA Personal Care (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMay 29, 2018
Offered opportunities to work with diverse needs. Some travel to clients homes were sometimes far apart. No paid mileage & used personal vehicle. Small company
Pay structure changes = We are cutting your pay by more than half per hour
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Northeast ArkansasMay 19, 2018
Unbelievable ... Who would ever think you could come in and cut the pay of your professionals by more than half per hour and honestly think anyone would stay?
No better way to show how little PFH respects and appreciates the very professionals that have made them successful !!
Pros
Consumer relationships
Cons
Poor management from regional all the way to the top, unethical, involvement in illegal activity, low, low pay, unappreciated
Great experience.
CMA/CNA and BHT (Former Employee) –  Kirksville, MOMay 14, 2018
Great staff. Great clients. Great hours. Great pay. I felt the job training was short and not thorough. The course to defend yourself was great if you had a combative client but the medication administration training was poor.
Expected two days to perfectly medicate over 30+ clients.
Pros
Activites, good pay
Cons
Long hours, short orientation
No support from management
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 9, 2018
Often yelled at by supervisor in an extremely hostile environment with no support from higher ups or even corporate to fix the issues. Very low pay and expensive health insurance. Creativity is discouraged and new methods are prohibited. VP protects certain staff that she has "taken under her wing" including her own daughter leaving the rest of the staff to suffer for not being a protected staff member often leading to issues serving the kids. The best part of the job is working with the kids. The hardest part of the job is the hostile work environment and no support.
Pros
Support from co-workers that have not left yet
Cons
No breaks, low wages, unqualified management, hostile work environment
Company does not care about the client
Counselor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 4, 2018
All they are concerned about is billable hours. The team reviews are about you being able to bill more. They employ people that have no idea about the recovery process or how it works.
Pros
Helping People
Cons
Has become profit focused instead of client focused, parent company is corrupt (Arkansas Newspaper for details) no support from upper managment, middle managment is none exsistant
I like it,
CPRC (Current Employee) –  Kirksville, MOApril 25, 2018
When I first started at PFH it was very stressful
I loved my job but had issues with several that worked there at the time
I am so happy I stuck it out; a few staff changes and the whole environment changed. Let's be realistic there are rough days; but overall very rewarding. The clients are great managment is great. I would love to make more money but who wouldn't. They have enhanced the ways clients and staff can share ideas and complants. They actually pick them up and follow up with the forms with the client or staff members involved with writing and the team that it involved . Our clients desearve the best and I try to give them that daily. If someone is having a bad day we talk about it, take a break or a needed day off. I love the paid days off; I take days off when I want to and not when the calender says I have to. Whatever holiday is impotant to me I can take off rather it be st. Patricks day or thanksgiving. If my family celebrates Christmas on Dec. 20 I take it off. If my kids have a school thing I can take pto and go.
Pros
Caring people
Cons
Insurance costs alot but thats everywhere
Unprofessional; unhealthy work environment
Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 23, 2018
Pay is horrible, expectations not realistic, lack of team work and most often staff are manipulated into doing questionable acts to meet their weekly billable hours. Staff is not trained and they wonder why there is such a turn over. Supervisors lack education and experience and are hired only because they are “yes men” to upper management.
Pros
Cons
Clients
Doesnt care about employees
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOApril 14, 2018
I was a housekeeper for medical buildings and the amount of OSHA hazards I was exposed to was ridiculous. I cleaned up sharp burs from a dental office and bloody teeth that were left on the floor from the assistants. And then when that was brought to the attention of my boss, nothing was done. But I received endless complaints and daily rants about how I wasn't doing my job correctly and got a writeup for being on my phone... in the breakroom... on my break.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Everything else
Nope
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOApril 14, 2018
There is no training, nor professional development. The pay is extremely low. Their practices are unethical (Google Federal Indictments). Very few employees have any advanced education from accredited schools. This non-profit originated in southern Missouri, so most of even management are rubes who struggle with grammatically correct English. Give this org a miss.
Pros
There is not much supervision.
Cons
Where do I begin?
Worth it
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Aurora, MOApril 13, 2018
It can be a very worth while company. You have to be able to self manage and time budge. The hardest part of the job is when clients are have difficulties. You work with clients who have different types and degrees of disabilities. But they are amazing clients.
Bad Experience
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Northeast ARApril 1, 2018
This company has many problems and have taken them out on their employees. They don't care that they are losing quality staff. They cut everyone's pay to a slap in the face amount. Their high-end leadership are all two-faced.
Pros
Liked the co-workers
Cons
Bad pay;disrespect;horrible leadership
Don't just walk away from this company, RUN!!
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 27, 2018
It's a bad company to work for. Other staff members not showing up for work. Making double shifts for myself. And management being unreliable and unwilling to assist staff members.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
N/a
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2018
Nothing to say about the company didn’t work there very long have nothing bad to say about the company wouldn’t say anything bad about the company jut not a gd fit for me
There are other places to work.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Kirksville, MOFebruary 17, 2018
During my time working at Preferred I would have to say that the most exciting part were the clients. Many of my coworkers were fine, however, management was not. There were so many issues on our staff that I informed my manager of that were never resolved. Whenever a “new rule” is set into place it is never followed for more than a week because of how staff is “used to” doing things. Not to mention while many of my coworkers were great so many of them got away with constantly being late, not showing up for their shifts (which the manager never had to work if this happened), and talking down or just being extremely disrespectful to others. There were so many times where one of my coworkers were late (I’m talking hours) and instead of coming in and working the shift my manager would say that I had to stay. Mind you, as a student with other commitments that are a priority this was obviously a problem. Please do yourself a favor and just don’t apply. If you already have and are offered the job... just say no.
Pros
You will get shifts because others won’t work there’s and you’ll have to work them
Cons
Everything else
Too many negative changes in the last year
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 2, 2018
I have worked for the company for many years and I love the people I serve. I am discouraged about losing "quote" holiday pay. I think if you work for an American company then you should celebrate American holidays.
Pros
Good people
Cons
No holiday, short-staffed
Business Operations Specialist
Business Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Quincy and HannibalJanuary 25, 2018
As Business Operations Specialist I did many things that needed to be complete. I supervised two individuals who did our maintenance for 5 separate sites. I have learned many good practices at Preferred Family. The workplace culture is dealing with addicted individuals on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job is getting to Hannibal very often. The most enjoyable is the people I worked with.
Pros
good people
Cons
no raises
Verh volitile company in severe legal trouble
Program Director (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 24, 2018
It once was very pleasant but current executive leadership has destroyed it's long legacy. The legal situation the company is currently in had created an impossible work environment to thrive in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Preferred Family Healthcare, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7