Preferred Family Healthcare, Inc. Employee Reviews

Coworkers are Family.
ADMISSION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 14, 2018
Relaxing days at the office, much to talk about and discuss with other workers. Preferred Family Healthcare is like a family. The coworkers are amazing and it is always great to see the outcome of the Clients.
High stress environment
Primary Support Staff (Former Employee) –  GladstoneNovember 11, 2018
You are overworked and underpaid. It is an intense high stress environment. Lack of support from management and unfairly enforcing rules upon some and not others. This is a warm bodies type job so don't expect much from your coworkers. If they don't show up, you get stuck staying and working their shift as well. Lack of staffing makes it hard to take any time off.
Pros
Nice co workers, making a difference
Cons
Stressful, underpaid, bad management
Intake specialist
Secretary/intake specialist (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MONovember 2, 2018
I would open the building, take phone calls, print file notes, do intakes for new clients with parents, put files together, order supplies. Basically you run the building and get no recognition for it.
Pros
most of the employees are great
Cons
pay, management
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 17, 2018
Great opportunity to work with adolescence and to learn there struggles. Staff is easy to work with most of the time and they are supportive. The most enjoyable part is working with kids and learning about them.
Pros
Hours
Rewarding to work in a place where you can really make a difference
SWS Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, AROctober 14, 2018
I loved working here. I would still be there if the division I was working had not shut down. My manager was great with all her employee's, we were more like a family there than just co-workers. This job was so amazing working someplace where you make a difference in other people's lives. Would go back in a heart beat.
Pros
Team Work is off the charts
Cons
Could be paid a bit more
Good place to start
Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 14, 2018
The company is OK. They offer a lot of services and have a good intensive outpatient program during the day and evenings. The staff turnaround is frequent. The pay is OK
Productive but sometimes stressful
Therapist (PLMSW) (Former Employee) –  Lake Village, AROctober 11, 2018
My supervisor was great and understanding. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I impacted lives of those I served in the community which was my goal. The hardest part was trying to work with the kids on their bad days. I loved most of my co-workers and some of us became family. I definitely learned how to have more patience.
Truly Rewarding
Rehab Day Specialists (Former Employee) –  ArkansasOctober 2, 2018
Not each day was ever the same. I learned the value of grace. If you truly have the desire to empower others, you will be rewarded in your attempts of doing so. The most enjoyable part of the job, was not only watching others change; but watching others discover their own growth and be pleased with their change.

Supervisory level management was not the best; which allowed room for unnecessary opposition among co-workers. Had their been more ethical and effective leadership in the workplace; I honestly believe there would have been more collaborative team innovation which would have by far been more beneficial to those served.
Pros
Holidays, Vacation, Pto, benefits, serving others
Cons
It can get stressfull. Sticking to a self care routine is highly recommended.
This place is horrible/Pay SUCKS
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 5, 2018
This place is horrible the management is unprofessional and the pay for the duties assigned sicks. No holiday pay and benefits change all the time. A typical day at work you are being over worked and under payed. The place has no workplace culture. The hardest part of the job is coming in knowing you are not properly being paid for the duties. They do not give raises or bonuses, this place sucks.
Pros
Bhts are nice
Counselor
Associate Counselor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 29, 2018
I enjoyed my job, it a wonderful place to work. I enjoyed the transparency of the joy and the staff is easy going, management isn't over barring. I love doing outreach and being able to direct my own future.
Pros
Consumer support
Cons
Pay scale
not bad place to work but not much advancement potential
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 27, 2018
the company provides less training than I would prefer but they are very good about answering questions (primary and immediate supervisor that I had) management not as much
Pros
flexible
Cons
not great pay
Fraudulent
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 25, 2018
This company is in major trouble for Medicaid fraud. If you question their unethical policies you’re immediately a target. They want puppets only willing to do exactly what they say without question despite whether these are illegal or unethical
Pros
Good pay but you work loooong hours for it
Cons
watch the news!!
Work place environment was so hostile that our clients were being effectecd by it. It use to be like a big family working together.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOAugust 23, 2018
After a change in management it became a very hostile and stressful place to work. Office staff created a very hostile work environment. My health was being affected by all the daily stress.
Pros
Pay was good and paid time off was good
Cons
Back stabbing people
Productive and meaningful work
Project Director (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 23, 2018
We engage daily in meaningful work that impacts the lives of children and families. Fun work culture, the team looks out for each other in a caring way.
Pros
Flexible work hours, purposeful work
Nice Place
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 21, 2018
Preferred is a very work friendly place. You can complete any task with efficiency, if you try hard enough. There are ups and downs with this job, but thats any job. I really like this job overall
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
People die
Productive and challenging Mental Health clinic.
LPN/youth case manager (Former Employee) –  Trenton, MOAugust 20, 2018
I enjoyed Preferred and the work I was able to do with youth and their families. It was one of the most rewarding positions I have ever had working two positions for the first year and a half as nurse and case manager then going to full time case management per my request.
Pros
Setting own schedule
Cons
Pay scale
Employee Beware
Admissions Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 14, 2018
I have never worked in a more unorganized environment. From the top down this organization is awful. I would never recommend this company to anyone.I was hired to be a receptionist and only received training to be an admission specialist. I was then trained by someone who was fired a week later for doing his job incorrectly. No oversight whatsoever.
Enjoyable if you like supporting individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOAugust 9, 2018
Just started working here. Bosses are very fair and are willing to work with you. Hours can be different from week to week, but atmosphere is supportive and fun. Great employees to work with for the most part.
Pros
Everything other than pay
Cons
Low pay compared to some other agencies though higher than most.
Great workplace
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 8, 2018
It's a great environment to work at. The other staff members are amazing to work with. If you would want more hours, they'd always be willing to help you out with getting more hours.
A Great Place to work
Youth Case Manager/ Job Developer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 4, 2018
I enjoyed working here and loved the people I worked with. It was like one big family and everyone did their part to strive for success. The best thing was working with the youth and the fast pace of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Preferred Family Healthcare, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight