Preferred Family Healthcare, Inc. Employee Reviews

Stressful and low pay
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJune 22, 2019
The only pro to working here is client interaction. Working with clients with drug addiction/mental health issues and helping them progress through Treatment is truly rewarding but that’s about it. The management is horrible and employee safety is not a priority to them. No vacation or pto and getting days off is a hassle. They’ll tell you you only work part time but then you’re full time out of nowhere with a whole bunch of unwanted overtime. And you don’t get paid enough for all you’re required to do and the extra work they put on you once you’re hired.
Assitance living
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 17, 2019
i do enjoyed working with the people
the client ,looking forward to get a new and a better paying job thats what am searching for. i work with pleasure and patient i enjoy what i do and some time in the future i will go feather in the medical field .
Fun work place
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 17, 2019
The very accommodating company that allows a person to grow and become more within their job. The company really wants everyone to succeed and be able to do more within their lives.
Very productive
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJune 13, 2019
I have had good days and bad days at this company but I've had more good days. I mostly worked over nights but the days that I had mid day shifts it was nice to engage with the clients.
Pros
great engagement with clients and staff
n/a
Admissions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJune 11, 2019
This job was nice. You got to effectively engage with the people you work with. Also, the managers and supervisors were very communicative. This is my review.
Terrible management and ethics
FCCM (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 10, 2019
Springfield Partners is not a good place to work. The management does not support you and in fact work against you. They do not follow policy for foster care or advocate for the best interest of the children they represent. This is not a honest or fair company. The management is it's own click, the smokers. If your not with the smokers your an outcast. Do not waste your time with this company.
Pros
Make your own work schedule
Cons
Terrible, backstabbing management. No support, double standards, does not properly manage the children's cases they are assigned.
Great Company
Primary Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOMay 29, 2019
Great place to work, the company employs many men and women who truly love their jobs and working with consumers. Being a caregiver is not for everyone, it requires lots of patience, and the ability to develop a relationship with the consumer through respect, communication and prove you are trust worthy. The Director and supervisors are supportive, especially to those that show they want to work, learn and improve their skills. If you feel like being a caregiver is your calling, then you should check out PFH
fun place to work.
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 20, 2019
I loved my job but the hours no longer worked with my schedule at home. The clients are amazing, difficult at times, but who isn't. I would go back to Preferred if they ever had the hours that I needed.
Preferred Homecare
Home Companion Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 16, 2019
As a home health aid , to further advance one would need to obtain training or a degree for better pay position.I take care of the elderly and perform basic domestic duties.My issue with my pay rate is a concern, Other agencies are paying their home care workers far more than what I'am earning. I also detest lack of communication, some pay periods I wasnt paid do to foolishness.I expect my pay on Friday, if I hand my time sheet in promptly every week.Why the heck is my pay delayed.When I have an issue and need someone to address my concerns, I can never get anyone to answer the phone.That is unreasonable and unfair.I left due to the unprofessionalism.I currently work for an agency which offers better wages.I'am paid weekly without any hassles whatsoever. Fortunately my calls are answered or returned in a timely fashion.It was a great start, I gained a lot of helpful experience at Preferred Homecare.
Pros
Having a job
The job was enjoyable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Linn Creek, MOMay 15, 2019
I really enjoyed this job and the other people working at the site I worked at were great. I worked with others but also got to spend a lot of hours working by myself taking care of all paperwork. I recommend this job to anyone interested in working as a secretary or other random jobs.
Pros
They paid for my daycare while I worked
productive place to work
Clinical & Regional Dir., V. P., Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARMay 14, 2019
The day was challenging. management was understanding and supportive, hardest part of job - firing people. Most enjoyable doing a great job to support clients
Experience
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOMay 10, 2019
Horrible work environment office staff does not help with issues they don't keep you updated on the policy mess up pay doesn't address problems and spread personal information
Pros
Pay
Cons
No actual support from higher-ups
Waste of time
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 9, 2019
Waste of time and energy. They don't communicate well throughout there office. One person will tell u one thing the next person tells another. Unprofessional
Wonderful!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Kirksville, MOMay 3, 2019
Preferred Family Healthcare is such a great place to work. The staff truly cares about each other and the population we serve. Everyone at PFH wants everyone to succeed.
Pros
Work-life balance, flexible schedule, great co-workers
Horrible place to work, will suck the life out of you, money hungry
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Kirksville, MOApril 16, 2019
Worst place to work. The supervisor does a horrible job and harasses people. Will try to force you to stay 16 hrs. You will be harassed if you are local
Pros
Literally the only pro is the clients
Cons
Everything. Administration is horrible
Decent company. Insurance benefits arent worth it. Clients can and have been volitile
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Ava, MOApril 14, 2019
Csm had a big heart. Would help you get off if you needed it. Company required really long hrs and client was angry and mean. Upper staffing stood up for mean client didnt protect the defensless one
Pros
Several days off in a row.
Cons
Never knew if you were going to be called in to work on any given day.
Administrative Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOApril 12, 2019
Typical day is meeting with clients, dealing with crisis, assisting in community events, facilitating meetings with referral sources. I learned how to advocate for clientele population. Management is great.
Pros
The work place culture
Cons
Low pay
Over worked, underpaid, and under appreciated
Disposable to supervisor (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOApril 12, 2019
If you're looking for a hostile work environment with management that doesn't take the time to train staff on new procedures or Point systems that are implemented, Two Faced, backstabbing, gossip spreading, High School mentality type environment then this is the place for you.
Pros
Client success
Cons
Everything else
Pfh
BHT (Current Employee) –  Winfield, MOApril 6, 2019
The company is poorly run. Preferred Family Health has multiple locations in multiple, and ALL are poorly run. They do NOT have recovery in their teen sites, it is really a babysitting location. The overall safety of employees does not matter to the company. The more you do for the company, the more they look down on you. Working for them is like taking a page out of the movie Office Space. Management does not care about the employees. I would work 16 hour shifts several days in a row, and was let go over accusations made from a clients who was detoxing. They allowed a client to dictate someone's livelihood. There is no backing up of BHTs, who are the ones with the clients most often.
Pros
Cons
Read above.
High paced, high stress job
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOApril 3, 2019
This job is very high-paced and working with teens and adolescents with substance abuse/mental health issues can be challenging but rewarding. I've learned a lot about substance abuse and addiction working here. The hardest part of the job is seeing the kids who leave the facility come back because they relapsed. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you can make a difference in some of these kids' lives.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great PTO
Cons
low pay, high stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Preferred Family Healthcare, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight