Preferred Freezer Services Employee Reviews

a typical day of work
Overnight Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJOctober 22, 2018
tyoical day of work consists of unloading containers, running the product in to the freezer to get located, pre pulling orders, wrapping and tagging those orders, getting trucks out in a timely manner.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
its cold
Dont let the positive fool you
It (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 12, 2018
Preferred as a company is decent, but with poor management who cant take responsibly for their own mistakes, your hours are really never guaranteed. Even though you sign a contract your your job and pay, they reserve the right to change your schedule, pay or hours as much as tgey want without any disregard for you or your family, management cares about one thing, themselves and their numbers, if you dont meet their requirements they will find someone who can. They constantly demand perfection but wont listen to a word most people have to say about improving the quality of things. The tractors they have are basically falling apart, upkeep on trucks are poor, they have a run till you blow up then we will fix it and blame the drivers in the end type of attitude. Benefits are expensive and poorly thought out medical deductibles as high as 7k and low as 3k. This would be a great job if your single with no kids or this is an extra income in the house. This conpany promises you so many advancement opportunities but unless your in good with management you wont progress, and the biggest things here, truck drivers and truck drivers, to get the ability to move anywhere is pulling teeth, so please be cautious when applying.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management, lack of proper communication
nice facility
forklift warehouse operator (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 10, 2018
12 hr shifts 3on
4 off working every other Wednesday reasonable pay upper management and office and HR are awesome easy job overall great place to work overtime is hard to get
Pros
love the shifts nights 1
Cons
small dock space
Great company to work for
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2018
This is a great company to work for, it can get really busy at times and it can be hard to manage your personal life and your work life. My time here was great up until the last year, the new general manager and I did not see eye to eye, he had me do things that I knew were against company policy and when I was questioned I spoke the truth, it was all down hill after that incident. If it was not for the new manager I probably would have retired here. I loved the company and the work I did.
Pros
Good pay, great company, benefits, growing industry
Cons
Lots of overtime during the busy season
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2018
A lot of hours overtime and much more I work as a forklift driver I like to work there again if I can why good pay and benefits and 401k Dental medical and life insurance
Pros
Some times free lunch
Cons
15 mins Break
Good company and room for advancement
Warehouse Clerk/Forklift (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2018
Good pay and training friendly invoirment, and alot of teamwork. Always over time available and promotions. Hands on training while getting paid for it .
Pros
Overtime
Good company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Medeley, FLSeptember 10, 2018
Good company to work for, management has changed and things are a bit different now, they pay well and compensate you if you over achieve. Very flexible with time and able to travel if you feel the need to.
Pros
Good salary.
Cons
Upper management
great cold fast paced place
Inventory Associate, Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 25, 2018
i worked in the freezer and was top picker, orders would be brought to you inside the freezer, we started at 6 am first break was at 9:27 and that was 15 minutes and then lunch was at 11:30 for 30 minutes we ended at 3:30pm
Work was done but laughing approved
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Laporte, TxJuly 17, 2018
We made sure to get our work done and would be rewarded for hard work. Great work life balance, treats brought in for us by sales for helping them, customers would send "presents" during holidays to thank us. Making sure you felt appreciated.
Stable company that guarantees the permanence of its employees
Checker / Shipping (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 16, 2018
Stable company that guarantees the permanence of its employees, offering them the opportunity of promotions and reviews in the compensation, provides training in relation to industrial safety and other associated to the tasks of the position.
Pros
Guarantee of job stability
Cons
No mobility to the shift of the day
Great place
Maintenance mechanic (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAJune 10, 2018
Excellent work environment. No cons. Great staff and management, flexible hours. Lots of opportunities to learn new skills and trades. Very satisfied with my employment here.
Good workplace
Parts Distribution Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJMay 9, 2018
It shows employees how grateful the company is for there work and services.
Provides with health insurance, 401K, OT when needed and management on each building are really involved with the employees.
It was productive
Crane Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 4, 2018
Half a hour lunch and a 15 minute break that’s it and if you double they give you a extra 15 minute break :/
Poor management, if you ask for a rise they look at you and change the subject . 1st shift Guaranteed 40 hrs
2nd shift not guaranteed..
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Short breaks
I like working in fast pase
Forklift and Pallet Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 15, 2018
Well it was a good place to work most times your working alone sometime your working with someone.I like working in that place the hardiest part was staying in the freezer.
Pros
Some time they bought lunch
Cons
High health pay
Turn away
Accounting/Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  NJMarch 12, 2018
Nobody last in this place! people are shady, will do or say just about anything to advance. If your not part of the "click" you will be out the door in no time. No respect at all. Fowl language and shady place.
Management is awful
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAMarch 6, 2018
Was hired as part time 2nd shift. 2 weeks later I was asked to work mon-sat 2nd shift. I was never late. Took on other tasks not originally hired for. I learned everything quickly and thoroughly enjoyed what I did. Managers are very poor at managing. A supervisor, 2nd shift clerk, warehouse lead and HR all quit within a month. Management ignored safety concerns with operators being drunk on the job soon after a warehouse worker was hit by a piece of machinery causing serious injuries. Still management didn’t do their job. Instead they let the supervisor who reported the intoxication, walk out and quit. My position was ended after working double my regular hours and having praising conversations with someone in management. Everyone is two faced. No one can properly manage. Leading to multiple employees to quit.
Good place to work. Team players. Was able to get the job done
Forklift Operator/Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 23, 2018
Very enjoyable atmosphere.Worked well with coworkers. Job was quick paced. Area was cold but not a problem. Worked well with management. Was room for advancement in the work place if wanted to.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
contract ended
Buen trato
Packaging fish (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Buen trato, buenas personas, y dan varias horas de trabajo
Pros
Buen trato
Cons
Salario minimo
good job
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJFebruary 1, 2018
Very good job not that much the partners I liked working there but I had to travel so I had to quit the job, I always like to learn new things in my life and I learnt what I have to learn from there, now I have to move on
good place to work productive
forklift werehouse work cleaning sanitation (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAJanuary 17, 2018
I like working here recommend to others a lot of work barbecues every month good people work here plse keeps you busy all day sometimes work on saturdays
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short brakes