Preferred Freezer Services Employee Reviews

amazing management and work atmosphere!!!!!
Forklift Driver and Tally Person (Former Employee) –  Lynden, WAFebruary 4, 2019
super great people to work with, great management, and great pay. I would definalty recomend everyone to work here! It is also a great place to move up in the company, the current CEO started as a floor hand and after 20+ years is now the CEO, so if your looking for a job to grow then working for Preferred is the place to work.
it was a great place to work
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJanuary 31, 2019
I enjoyed going to work every night, the schedule was kinda rough but the fellas that i worked with made it bearable. my hrs were 7 pm to 7 am wed through Saturday night.
Pros
the work environment was very much team oriented
Cons
grave yard shift
Best place to work
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Avenel, NJJanuary 16, 2019
This place taught so much and I’ve grown with many team members as we were like family and I love that work was work but we knew how to get together and relax as well
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJ 07305November 23, 2018
Answered the main phone line. Handled the major customer accounts. Made sure all their orders were distributed in a timely manner. Filed and printed all major reports.
Pros
Enjoyed helping my customers.
Cons
When there were problems with the deliveries.
productive work place
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chatham, NJNovember 5, 2018
Good place to work. Lots of responsibilities. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Potentiality to grow. Team leaders are great. I enjoyed working at Preferred Freezer.
Great place if....
Yard Switcher (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 30, 2018
It;s a good place to work if you are lucky enough to work on dayshift.
a typical day of work
Overnight Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJOctober 22, 2018
tyoical day of work consists of unloading containers, running the product in to the freezer to get located, pre pulling orders, wrapping and tagging those orders, getting trucks out in a timely manner.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
its cold
Dont let the positive fool you
It (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 12, 2018
Preferred as a company is decent, but with poor management who cant take responsibly for their own mistakes, your hours are really never guaranteed. Even though you sign a contract your your job and pay, they reserve the right to change your schedule, pay or hours as much as tgey want without any disregard for you or your family, management cares about one thing, themselves and their numbers, if you dont meet their requirements they will find someone who can. They constantly demand perfection but wont listen to a word most people have to say about improving the quality of things. The tractors they have are basically falling apart, upkeep on trucks are poor, they have a run till you blow up then we will fix it and blame the drivers in the end type of attitude. Benefits are expensive and poorly thought out medical deductibles as high as 7k and low as 3k. This would be a great job if your single with no kids or this is an extra income in the house. This conpany promises you so many advancement opportunities but unless your in good with management you wont progress, and the biggest things here, truck drivers and truck drivers, to get the ability to move anywhere is pulling teeth, so please be cautious when applying.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management, lack of proper communication
nice facility
forklift warehouse operator (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 10, 2018
12 hr shifts 3on
4 off working every other Wednesday reasonable pay upper management and office and HR are awesome easy job overall great place to work overtime is hard to get
Pros
love the shifts nights 1
Cons
small dock space
Great company to work for
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2018
This is a great company to work for, it can get really busy at times and it can be hard to manage your personal life and your work life. My time here was great up until the last year, the new general manager and I did not see eye to eye, he had me do things that I knew were against company policy and when I was questioned I spoke the truth, it was all down hill after that incident. If it was not for the new manager I probably would have retired here. I loved the company and the work I did.
Pros
Good pay, great company, benefits, growing industry
Cons
Lots of overtime during the busy season
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2018
A lot of hours overtime and much more I work as a forklift driver I like to work there again if I can why good pay and benefits and 401k Dental medical and life insurance
Pros
Some times free lunch
Cons
15 mins Break
Good company and room for advancement
Warehouse Clerk/Forklift (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2018
Good pay and training friendly invoirment, and alot of teamwork. Always over time available and promotions. Hands on training while getting paid for it .
Pros
Overtime
Good company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Medeley, FLSeptember 10, 2018
Good company to work for, management has changed and things are a bit different now, they pay well and compensate you if you over achieve. Very flexible with time and able to travel if you feel the need to.
Pros
Good salary.
Cons
Upper management
great cold fast paced place
Inventory Associate, Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 25, 2018
i worked in the freezer and was top picker, orders would be brought to you inside the freezer, we started at 6 am first break was at 9:27 and that was 15 minutes and then lunch was at 11:30 for 30 minutes we ended at 3:30pm
Work was done but laughing approved
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Laporte, TxJuly 17, 2018
We made sure to get our work done and would be rewarded for hard work. Great work life balance, treats brought in for us by sales for helping them, customers would send "presents" during holidays to thank us. Making sure you felt appreciated.
Stable company that guarantees the permanence of its employees
Checker / Shipping (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 16, 2018
Stable company that guarantees the permanence of its employees, offering them the opportunity of promotions and reviews in the compensation, provides training in relation to industrial safety and other associated to the tasks of the position.
Pros
Guarantee of job stability
Cons
No mobility to the shift of the day
Great place
Maintenance mechanic (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAJune 10, 2018
Excellent work environment. No cons. Great staff and management, flexible hours. Lots of opportunities to learn new skills and trades. Very satisfied with my employment here.
Good workplace
Parts Distribution Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJMay 9, 2018
It shows employees how grateful the company is for there work and services.
Provides with health insurance, 401K, OT when needed and management on each building are really involved with the employees.
It was productive
Crane Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 4, 2018
Half a hour lunch and a 15 minute break that’s it and if you double they give you a extra 15 minute break :/
Poor management, if you ask for a rise they look at you and change the subject . 1st shift Guaranteed 40 hrs
2nd shift not guaranteed..
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Short breaks
A great company to work for, by far one of the most rewarding experiences.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAApril 23, 2018
Very fast paced, long work days but very rewarding. I learned to improve my management skills by attending seminars which developed my growth within the company. Management was very supportive and always at arms reach. Liked the fact that we had an open door policy with the management team at any level. We instilled a team work system which allowed us to coach our employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was to coach , train and guide all employees and see them take on different job promotions and/or other job opportunities within the company.
Pros
A Great Company to work for.
Cons
That my job position was eliminated.