Preferred Healthcare Employee Reviews

Good company to be a travel nurse with
Contract Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 25, 2018
Company has opportunities in multiple cities in every state and are more than willing to get you a contract in whichever state you would like to work in.
travel nurse company that did a great job of placing me in the location i asked to be.
Registered Nurse - Travel nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 29, 2018
I worked for this travel nursing company for a a little over a year and they were able to place me easily into the location that i requested. They made the process easy. They had good benefits.
Pros
able to move about the country and be exposed to many different nursing cultures
Cons
no paid time off
Productivity can be better
IT Specialist level 1 (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2018
Better productivity would be a lot better by allowing the employees to speak more about the work place regarding what can make the work flow better,being they are the front lines on the floor. Some Mangers, Supervisors and CEO loss focus on what the employee is capable to help better the team and moral in the work force. Employee is just a an employee, but is also able to see better things to make there job easier .
Pros
best department i have worked in
Cons
Just not enough pay for what needs to be done
Travel Registered Nurse, Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 30, 2018
This establishment was a fun place to work. The patients were challenging but I felt it was worth it because I was helping them. The supervisors were great support.
Awful
Healthcare Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2018
Not a healthy working culture , very poor management , very small minded approach to business, and no clear direction and or guidance from management.
Trustworthy and professional recruiters, decent benefits
Registry Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CASeptember 7, 2017
I work as a registry/travel occupational therapist for Preferred. Registry type work is okay for me right now because it gives me flexibility. The trade off of course is that available assignments (and therefore my paycheck) vary dramatically week to week. My recruiter works really hard to get me assignments. Conversely, I don't ever feel pressured to ever take assignments that I don't want. They are super responsive and understanding of the unique needs of a travel/registry therapist.
Pros
Small thank you gifts, qualify for 401k even if you only work a few hours per month
Could not keep me busy enough to stay employed with them
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAOctober 23, 2017
Love this company but unfortunately they were unable to keep me busy enough to stay with them for more than 3 months. Did have plenty of work if I was will to drive 45 mins to an hour away.
travel position with good bonus
PTA Travel job (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 6, 2017
pick your assigned state to go to and setup travel position.
Get one self set for licenses and whatever else needs to be done before you get there.
good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 13, 2017
all co-workers were easy to get along with and all shared responsibility to make sure all paperwork got completed in a timely manner. There were days that were more stressful than others
Throw everything you know about the healthcare industry out the window...
Recruiter / Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 1, 2017
I'll write a very short review, this place has a culture completely unlike other companies. Undercutting management, no real leadership, the highest turnover I've ever seen and unhappy employees unless their in management. They will offer you a job and then change it after you work there to something completely different Tread carefully...
Pros
co-workers
Cons
everything else
n/a
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2017
The company was very disorganized when I was working there. The amount of training I received was very little to none in which I had to teach myself things. Wasn't a fan of the management as it came off as a "click" and who they play favorites with, HR was very difficult to talk to as well
Great company to work for
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  California- bay areaJuly 13, 2017
Staffing is great with finding me consistent job from week to week.
I enjoy traveling to a variety of facility since I am new northern, CA.
Company is has good benefits and provide good support for staff.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Facilities cancel on short notice
long time
Travel Nurse, Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 8, 2017
I haven't worked here for a long time, but I loved being a traveler. I had a great recruiter who looked out for me and always found me good assignments.
Provided honest information about the work conditions on a new contract.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto and Oakland CaliforniaMay 12, 2014
I worked at two different hospitals while working as a travel nurse for this company. I was able to be assigned to my area of expertise(pediatric oncology) at quality hospitals. I was treated well at these hospitals and was trained appropriately so that I could feel good about the safety and efficacy of the care I provided to my patients and families. The manager at each hospital were well pleased with my performance and I was able to renew contracts as I desired.
Pros
Honest staff, excellent compensation, excellent living quarters.
Cons
I had to ask for certain amenities in order to receive them.
Staffing Manager
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 27, 2017
You are on the phone all day speaking with clients and therapists
I learned a lot about how temporary staffing agencies work
The CEO was really positive and motivating
The hardest part was cold calling
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to people
Traveling is awesome
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 26, 2013
I fulfilled two contracts, 13 weeks each, for this company and never had a better time working anywhere else. My coworkers were other travelers. The hardest part of the job was leaving the facility, people I worked with, every 13 weeks to go to my next contract.
Pros
the pay was the best in the country.
Cons
never settling down
Good First Job for Recruiter
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2017
The days can be hectic but fun. I have learned a lot about the staffing industry since coming on board. The hardest part is keeping up with the large volume of work
Preferred Health Care Staffing
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Traveled to GA, NC, NY and HIMay 24, 2017
Recruiter was actively seeking positions based on my requests. Smooth transition in regards to relocating and orientating with new facility.

Great pay based on locations with excellent bonuses!
Consistently keeps me working
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2017
I've used Preferred for over 20 years to fill in between full time jobs and when I needed to earn extra money. The staff is always courteous and easy to work with.
Maintain sterile process and products
Sterile Processing Technician/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 22, 2014
To manage day to day operations of supplies and maintain sterility of surgical equipment, Ordering supplies, set schedules Management was easy to get along with, Enjoy working for company for many years
Pros
Travel throughout the United States
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Preferred Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about